Nerf Holosmith- and Start with Shockwave

EnderzShadow.2506

I know I am going to catch heat for thisI know this is a poor decision on my part to even post this.I know that my emotions are overriding my logic.I know myself, that holosmith while strong isn't the easiest class to play well, I've tried.

But you know what? At this moment, I don't care.I hate this class.Enough with the Nerf Deadeye, Nerf Mesmer posts.Nerf Holosmith.

Start with Shockwave. The aoe cc range is ridiculous.I was in a game where I was running around a corner, on an elevated ledge--with a structurebetween me and the engineer I couldnt even see yet, and I got hit by Shockwave... w t f?

What other class in game can roll into mid, light EVERYONE up,fight on point for a time and then run away immune, drop a big heal and be ready to do it all over again.

Warrior cant put out the dmg. No serious CC, might limp away?Reaper cant get away.Guard cant get away.Soulbeast can get away but cant go immune while doing so and certainly can'tput out the aoe dmg and CC that a Holo can.Ele-Nope.Revenant? lol..nope.Thief, heck no.Mesmer, hmm-- a toss up really. Can put out loads of aids.Power can put out some crazy burst dps, but there is a good reason its not meta.It also cant put out the aoe CC.

That's it, rant over.

/cheers

Think Rev and S/D Weaver both stand good chance vs Holo, Spellbreaker about the same ground.

But ye, the range of Shockwave is so stupidly over the top that it makes one wonder who even thought this is OK while designing so.I don't think that the very small lock that it does to Engi is enough to justify the range, not to mention that both Corona and Shockwave hit even before their animation is done while under effects of Quickness, but I am not gonna complain about that, it's quickness after all.

We have been crying about Holosmith for years now...it doesn't matter, Anet will nerf holosmith when they drop next expansion...where they will release the 3rd faceroll spamm perma stab/vigor/quick/regen/protec BS elite for engies....first scrapper..then holosmith....same trend and same gameplay : super tanky perma boons CC spam machine

@MyPuppy.8970 said:There's no need to nerf its range, just make it generate like 20% heat for each target hit.

Ok, Then amplify Soulbeast Worldly Impact to the same range. That would be fine too right?Oh and while your at it, make it hit through walls, on ledges and make it always crit.

Good stuff. balanced right ;)ofc Im not srs

But heres the difference between Mesmer/Engi and Ranger--if anyone cracks a whining thread about Ranger, you can bet, the very next patch, ANET goes above and beyond and justruins a whole trait line.

@toxic.3648 said:

@MyPuppy.8970 said:There's no need to nerf its range, just make it generate like 20% heat for each target hit.

ye lets do that and make them overheat from 1 skill only as soon as they hit teamfights .. if u want to curb them start looking at the passive heal they can put out instead of suggesting stupid stuff like that.

You really live up to your name, don't you?

i aim to serve, on a serious side note tho, putting 20% heat on target hit by skill that already is at 25 heat from the start is by all accounts 'stupid' or at the very least the guy have no clue how holo works.. normally they can do 1 rotation of their skills in forge mode and have to disengage forge or theyll blow themselves up . sure dodge a couple of times to get 1 or 2 more skills off but thats about it rly. dangerous in 10 sec until they need to disengage. still i agree holo is overtuned atm. put some secs on holo 2 and nerf heat therapy and ull be golden.

I don't mind the damage and the CC. I feel like that's what Holosmiths SHOULD be doing in very high extremes. What really annoys me about Holos is their survivability and sustain. Elixer traitline provides tons of boons, automatic condition conversions and elixir S, almost permanent vigor, and they have healing whenever they gain a boon. Between Holo's Prismatic Converter, Heat Therapy, Thermal Release Valve, and Elixir's Transmute, Compounding Chemicals, and literally the best heal skill in the game with Heal Turret Holos have ridiculous sustain for a build that's supposed to be high risk high reward glass cannon. And they're running around with tons of boons with their extremely ridiculous levels of condition conversion. In addition with Holo's ridiculous levels of stability.

They're so well equipped defensively and offensively they've completely muscled out Scrapper as an elite spec. Why run a highly defensive spec when you can run a high damage high defense spec?

Also Leadership runes should be nerfed in PvP just in general. Like let's name all the classes that run it on a meta build or perfectly viable close to meta build: Soulbeast, Holosmith, Revenant, Dagger Spellbreaker, while Weaver isn't meta it's part of their best build as well. When over half the classes are running one rune, you know something funny is going on.

@toxic.3648 said:i aim to serve, on a serious side note tho, putting 20% heat on target hit by skill that already is at 25 heat from the start is by all accounts 'stupid' or at the very least the guy have no clue how holo works.. normally they can do 1 rotation of their skills in forge mode and have to disengage forge or theyll blow themselves up . sure dodge a couple of times to get 1 or 2 more skills off but thats about it rly. dangerous in 10 sec until they need to disengage. still i agree holo is overtuned atm. put some secs on holo 2 and nerf heat therapy and ull be golden.

I wasn't serious to begin with...

@Gwaihir.1745 said:Honestly remove runaway classes. Stand and fight if you build to run away and just disengage you’re not playing the game right.

Nah. Knowing when to disengage, stabilize and reenter the fight in a better position is not just all gaming but also combat in real life. Tactical retreats are a real thing. Wanting the game to be rock em sockem robots where you can only stand still and punch is just really boring.

@ArthurDent.9538 said:I just want to be able to jump over the shockwave. Don't care about the balance implications, it just seems like all the pve shockwaves you can jump over and it adds a fun dynamic.

That would be awsome... Id still mess it up every time but still awsome lol

Only thing I dont like about shockwave is that it hits on all levels and can't be blocked with terrain..

@Alatar.7364 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the perma stab is what annoys me the most.

Corona burst 10s cd and 1 hit only . Bam. No problem . But even then accordin to 1 guardianmainwhosnameiwontcall its extremeley spammable anyway

It's actually two hits, then there's the Elixir for Stab. Just mentioning.

I think he was suggesting a nerf, at least I assume so. threw me threw a loop at first too lol.

Why are we complaining about the elixir line now when it has been the same, LITERALLY, for years.

IF you can't find solutions that will not gut Scrapper and Core engineer, don't suggest them at all.

Christ, it's like you guys don't give a crap about classes as a whole anymore, just the damn specs and that's it.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:the perma stab is what annoys me the most.

Corona burst 10s cd and 1 hit only . Bam. No problem . But even then accordin to 1 guardianmainwhosnameiwontcall its extremeley spammable anyway

It's actually two hits, then there's the Elixir for Stab. Just mentioning.

I think he was suggesting a nerf, at least I assume so. threw me threw a loop at first too lol.Yes thats a suggestion to nerf it . xD

Archived