[Suggestion] Allow self-targeting

Shroud.2307

@Linken.6345 said:Why is this needed?

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Maybe as an option in the settings, or just by default. An option that allows us to Ctrl + T ourselves and see our own profile as though we've selected another player.

in other tab-target games like FF14, you could target yourself to use a certain buff/heal/skills on yourself if they required a target. that said i don't think we have anything like that here in gw2 (most, if not all our heals are indirect/aoe/area type - same goes with buffs and the like) so outside of being able to see your own player card, it's not needed. if they ever (unlikely i think) release a "classic" full healer spec/profession though then that's probably the time we'd need such a feature

@Astyrah.4015 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:Maybe as an option in the settings, or just by default. An option that allows us to Ctrl + T ourselves and see our own profile as though we've selected another player.

in other tab-target games like FF14, you could target yourself to use a certain buff/heal/skills on yourself if they required a target. that said i don't think we have anything like that here in gw2 (most, if not all our heals are indirect/aoe/area type - same goes with buffs and the like) so outside of being able to see your own player card, it's not needed. if they ever (unlikely i think) release a "classic" full healer spec/profession though then that's probably the time we'd need such a feature

They have released some specs that can go full healer and do it very very effectively (Tempest, Druid which is arguably the 100% healing spec you're talking about, Ventari/Glint Revenant, Healineer, Healbrand). That said, all ally heals in GW2 are AoE of some kind, whether it be an Aura, PBAoE, Ground targeted Aoe, conical AoE or otherwise. So no, there will never be any particular reason that this is a necessary feature as long as they stick to that method of healing.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

They have released some specs that can go full healer and do it very very effectively (Tempest, Druid which is arguably the 100% healing spec you're talking about, Ventari/Glint Revenant, Healineer, Healbrand). That said, all ally heals in GW2 are AoE of some kind, whether it be an Aura, PBAoE, Ground targeted Aoe, conical AoE or otherwise. So no, there will never be any particular reason that this is a necessary feature as long as they stick to that method of healing.

i am aware of those builds :) i was thinking of a healer that had barely or no dps skills at all like in other older mmorpgs, like say your 1 to 5 are all direct and indirect heals to your party with no damage at all to the enemy -> which is why i said "classic" full healer

@Astyrah.4015 said:

i am aware of those builds :) i was thinking of a healer that had barely or no dps skills at all like in other older mmorpgs, like say your 1 to 5 are all direct and indirect heals to your party with no damage at all to the enemy -> which is why i said "
classic
" full healer

How would that spec play solo in story missions or open world?

@Linken.6345 said:

i am aware of those builds :) i was thinking of a healer that had barely or no dps skills at all like in other older mmorpgs, like say your 1 to 5 are all direct and indirect heals to your party with no damage at all to the enemy -> which is why i said "
classic
" full healer

It wouldnt in this game, unless you want to do nothing but AA enemies to death which would take..forever.

@Linken.6345 said:

classic
" full healer

exactly why i said above that it's unlikely they'd add it ^^ .

though in older mmorpg's to level up a full healer and such you really needed to be in a party and most trash mobs and basic dungeons in those games really encouraged you to be in a party in order to farm

@Linken.6345 said:

classic
" full healer

That depends on how you built the healer. With harrier it should be fine. The damage isn't any worse than soldier's.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

classic
" full healer

That depends on how you built the healer. With harrier it should be fine. The damage isn't any worse than soldier's.

How would a selection of stat set help when there's no damage portion of the skill? The premise we're discussing here is:"i was thinking of a healer that had barely or no dps skills at all like in other older mmorpgs, like say your 1 to 5 are all direct and indirect heals to your party with no damage at all to the enemy -> which is why i said "classic" full healer"

@Astyrah.4015 said:

classic
" full healer

To be honest Druid spec has almost zero offensive ability from the traitline, the staff skills or any of the utilities, so it's pretty close to what you're talking about. Only one trait and a single glyph do any damage on their own via weak conditions, and the damage on staff skills is terrible (98 base for auto attack, 313 is the highest on staff 2, and 195 on staff 4). It is a 100% support spec. The only way to make the "traditional" healer you're talking with zero offensive options, something no MMOs have done for a LOOOOONG time because it's super boring, would be to create a new class from scratch that has no offensive skills to start with... an elite spec alone won't do it because by definition it is an expansion of an existing class that has offensive abilities in its kit.

Archived