This season is not fun.

Ovark.2514

@"reikken.4961" said:it's been like this for years though. not just this season. the amount of burst and conditions and damage avoidance (evades, invulns etc) and so on is extremely excessive

"Damage is too high. This game is unfun."

"There's too many ways to avoid damage. This game is unfun."

"Everyone is too tanky. This game is unfun."

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@"reikken.4961" said:it's been like this for years though. not just this season. the amount of burst and conditions and damage avoidance (evades, invulns etc) and so on is extremely excessive

yes, exactly

you have to dish out enough damage to kill 5 times over in order to actually kill anyone, and you have to avoid enough damage that you would have died 5 times over before you have the chance to burn through all their defensive cooldowns. How much health you have at any given moment doesn't even matter. Either you can avoid all damage or it goes from full to zero. And you have to do all this while trying to read animations through an explosive laser lightshow (If whatever you're trying to avoid even has an animation beforehand at all.)

I can see how some people would enjoy this, but uh, lol. That's not really what the game was billed as, and I don't think it makes for fun gameplay or fun spectating.

@reikken.4961 said:

@reikken.4961 said:it's been like this for years though. not just this season. the amount of burst and conditions and damage avoidance (evades, invulns etc) and so on is extremely excessive

yes, exactly

you have to dish out enough damage to kill 5 times over in order to actually kill anyone, and you have to avoid enough damage that you would have died 5 times over before you have the chance to burn through all their defensive cooldowns. How much health you have at any given moment doesn't even matter. Either you can avoid all damage or it goes from full to zero. And you have to do all this while trying to read animations through an explosive laser lightshow (If whatever you're trying to avoid even has an animation beforehand at all.)

I can see how some people would enjoy this, but uh, lol. That's not really what the game was billed as, and I don't think it makes for fun gameplay or fun spectating.

While combat is about 10-20% more lethal in general than I'd like. I'll take an explosively deadly meta over a mushy, tanky meta where fights last forever and none of your individual skills feel interesting or impactful like Hambow. And fights between skillful players still last longer usually.

@mortrialus.3062 said:I'll take an explosively deadly meta over a mushy, tanky meta where fights last forever and none of your individual skills feel interesting or impactful like Hambow.

sure. but healing is one of the things that's excessive as well. It's not an either or choice

I just want everything toned down. Like, compare the game to a typical MOBA, like League of Legends. There, healing isn't nearly as explosively strong, so taking damage matters a lot more. You don't have 500 different sources of CC and stunbreaks on a build, so landing a CC matters a lot more, and getting caught by one also matters a lot more. Getting caught out of position matters a lot more. Making a mistake matters a lot more. Etc

GW2 PvP just has too much of everything so that nothing is actually impactful. It's why teamfights are often just chaotic messes of people spamming AoEs and visual effects such that you can barely even see what's going on or why one team won and one lost.

@reikken.4961 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:I'll take an explosively deadly meta over a mushy, tanky meta where fights last forever and none of your individual skills feel interesting or impactful like Hambow.

sure. but healing is one of the things that's excessive as well. It's not an either or choice

I just want
everything
toned down. Like, compare the game to a typical MOBA, like League of Legends. There, healing isn't nearly as explosively strong, so taking damage matters a lot more. You don't have 500 different sources of CC and stunbreaks on a build, so landing a CC matters a lot more, and getting caught by one also matters a lot more. Getting caught out of position matters a lot more. Making a mistake matters a lot more. Etc

GW2 PvP just has too much of everything so that nothing is actually impactful. It's why teamfights are often just chaotic messes of people spamming AoEs and visual effects such that you can barely even see what's going on or why one team won and one lost.

Uhh... League of Legends is also explosively lethal and fights between champions can absolutely be slammed down in 10-15 seconds. Like it's fairly common to see one skilled player get five kills within the span of 15 seconds. Fights between normal champions does not usually last longer than 15 seconds per encounter.

@"reikken.4961" However this genre is an mmorpg not a moba so toning down the support wont help balance in this setting. PVP forces you to play an effective meta comp and try to counter the other classes comp. Usually this takes too much organization to just pug as a solo/duo. I can see the frustration in not being able to play something you "want" at the time. However in order to win you have to adapt to the format of the meta or try swapping classes from time to time. I do agree some classes have clear advantages over others though.

Archived