Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Black Lion Trading Post: Difficulty selling

kathy.8291kathy.8291 Member ✭✭
edited November 21, 2018 in Bugs: Game, Forum, Website

Since the new patch, I've had trouble selling things on the black lion trading post. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item to get the Green Success Box. My drivers are up to date. This is the only issue I have in the game. Is anyone else having this same issue. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item.

Tagged:
<1

Comments

• I been listing a few things to sell and they list but the green window that comes afterwards to say successfully listed takes so long.
    I have tried to delete the temp folder and tried again but still doing the same thing.

• kharmin.7683kharmin.7683 Member ✭✭✭✭

We noticed a great deal of lag last night 7-10pm EST

I am a very casual player.
    Very.
    Casual.

• @kharmin.7683 said:
    We noticed a great deal of lag last night 7-10pm EST

Same experience last night. Haven't been on today yet.

• Sarpan.9074Sarpan.9074 Member ✭✭✭

Yep. I'm seeing it, too.

Requesting thread be moved to the Bugs forum for visibility

Very.
    Casual.

• I experience the same problem as well. I am using the TP a lot and this lag since a few days is not normal and it is rather annoying.

• Gudy.3607Gudy.3607 Member ✭✭✭

This has been happening, on the EU side at least, since before the last patch - long waiting times before the green confirmation window pops up after a sell listing, sell listings giving the red error popup for no discernible reason then working smoothly when trying again immediately afterwards.

• It often lags when selling an item and often doesnt. Also gives an error when selling with no apparent reason, failing the selling of the item.

• @Jukens.1693 said:
    It often lags when selling an item and often doesnt. Also gives an error when selling with no apparent reason, failing the selling of the item.

The error comes from the previous transaction lagging so long it still hadn't finished. When you actually get the item/money from the previous one, it doesn't give you any errors.

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭
  • Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭
    edited November 17, 2018

I tried to sell some items a few days ago and they disappeared. I pressed Sell and waited a long time, then got an error message about can't get access to the login server. When I looked at my inventory, the items were gone, but they weren't in the Trading Post's Current Transactions and History tabs

I never got money for them

• It happens to me too

• I wish Anet would fix this; ever since the last patch it is very slow and frustrating

• same to me

Yes, sometimes I can sell a few things in a row and then hit a hard lag spike.

Very.
    Casual.

• Had also posted about this but seems its not really that important for someone to look at. It just seems to be getting worse.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/60214/tp-selling-an-item-takes-very-long-and-kinda-lags#latest

• Swagger.1459Swagger.1459 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2018

@kathy.8291 said:
    Since the new patch, I've had trouble selling things on the black lion trading post. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item to get the Green Success Box. My drivers are up to date. This is the only issue I have in the game. Is anyone else having this same issue. It takes FOREVER to sell 1 item.

I'm have the same issue... The response times can be slow, and sometimes stall out... I have to manually close the trade windows at times for the transaction to complete, or register.

Not sure if there is a lot more traffic causing issues, but something is going on.

"It's that sorta mentality that prevents progress from actually being made and the game from being fun for everyone and not the minority." -TexZero

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/9804/idea-wvw-only-movement-skills

• Wanze.8410Wanze.8410 Member ✭✭✭

Any update on this issue?

Just like everybody else, I sometimes (more often than not) have to wait up to 5s until the green confirmation screen pops up again after i listed something on the tp.

Its definately happening every single time when I am selling something and at the same time, a buy order fills or another listing sells. So if I send a listing or gold towards the trading post and at the same time, the trading post sends something to me, doesnt seem to handle 2 way traffic really well.

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Jura.2170 said:
    I tried to sell some items a few days ago and they disappeared. I pressed Sell and waited a long time, then got an error message about can't get access to the login server. When I looked at my inventory, the items were gone, but they weren't in the Trading Post's Current Transactions and History tabs

I never got money for them

I have had this happen so many times since the sigil update that im really cautious selling expensive items on the trading post now.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

• I feel the same.. something is going on. the response time is extremely slow that I had to close it out. I wish anet would fix it

• This is ridiculously annoying and needs to be fixed. I'd say on average only about 1 of every 10 transactions I make on the trading post goes through smoothly. 9 out of 10, horrible lag spike taking forever to get the success window.

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

Selling stuff takes forever these days. I don't have ping issues, gameplay is smooth but the trading post is really slow. :(

• Dying Oblivion.8296Dying Oblivion.8296 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

Problem still exists. I cant believe its taken them longer then a month to get to the bottom of this. the previous update kinda worked it was still laggy but a great improvement over the update that changed all the things with sigils or runes. Now its almost back to the same level. I just waiting for 5 seconds for items to be placed on the market every time i put something up.

• Dying Oblivion.8296Dying Oblivion.8296 Member ✭✭
    edited December 7, 2018

Almost a full month with no feedback from any of the mods or devs. I guess making skins and other useless items to sell for real money on BLTC must be more important and taking up most of their time.

edited December 7, 2018

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:
    Problem still exists. I cant believe its taken them longer then a month to get to the bottom of this. the previous update kinda worked it was still laggy but a great improvement over the update that changed all the things with sigils or runes. Now its almost back to the same level. I just waiting for 5 seconds for items to be placed on the market every time i put something up.

The sheer amount of code in a game this large and you cant believe it takes awhile to find a bug? jesus they have bugs that they cant track down that have existed from launch, and so do many of the other large MMOs. Im experiencing this bug myself but i also know that anet doesnt always put out what bugs theyve found and fixed.

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

• Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

Please do continue to report when you have issues, and if you discover any work-around -- save waiting and trying again, of course ;) -- please share them in this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay!

Gaile Gray
    Communications Manager: ArenaNet
    Fansite & Guild Relations; In-Game Events; Community Showcase Live

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

Please do continue to report when you have issues, ...

Still experiencing the intermittent lag/latency when selling to the TP

Very.
    Casual.

• @Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

Please do continue to report when you have issues, and if you discover any work-around -- save waiting and trying again, of course ;) -- please share them in this thread. We apologize for the inconvenience and delay!

its every time i log in to GW2. Without fail. Been happening for a long time now.

@Dying Oblivion.8296 said:

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Our QA Team reached out to the Web Team to ask them to investigate what's causing the delays you've been experiencing.

its every time i log in to GW2. Without fail. Been happening for a long time now.

Yup this, the last 3-4 patches have only made it worse, and its gotten bad enough that ive had items vanish into thin air due to the lag, no money earned, items not in my sold items, but the item itself is gone from my inventory.

• LucianDK.8615LucianDK.8615 Member ✭✭✭✭

Experiencing the same thing every day without fail.

• anonymous.7812anonymous.7812 Member ✭✭✭

Yeah, shouldn't take but 2 seconds to test this, it's every single person encountering it.

• Bloodstealer.5978Bloodstealer.5978 Member ✭✭✭✭

This has been happening since before the last patch.. annoying as heck. Just another of those waiting around moments.... sometimes as long as waiting for my beetls skills to refresh after a short race round snowden :)

Life is what YOU make it... NOT what others tell you!

• Etria.3642Etria.3642 Member ✭✭✭

This is still happening.

• Still happening (lag on the TP) regularly for me.

P.S. Not sure if related but salvage all is still lagging for me as well (even when salvaging non-sigil/rune items)

• Mea.5491Mea.5491 Member ✭✭✭✭

I recorded a video of the issue, sorry for the HORRIBLE quality, I'm not familiar with recording stuff but I hope this helps a bit... :) It shows the problem: some items sell crazy fast but some take FOREVER! Gameplay is smooth, no lag, no disconnections, steady 60-80 ping, EU servers! This has been an issue for weeks.

• Jura.2170Jura.2170 Member ✭✭

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:
    Please do continue to report when you have issues

Bug reporting is a little confusing. We have 3 ways of doing it. Support ticket, ingame report and forum. Which are we suppose to do first? Or all at the same time?

There's lots of bugs I told Support and ingame about, and they never were fixed. Like white lines and invisible buildings in the wvw map on reset. A missing cat in my home instance. Asura dragonhunters get obstructed error when shooting lots of things in wvw. And Path of Fire deleted all my Heart of Thorns mails including Master Brewer, raid and dungeon ones

• Ameepa.6793Ameepa.6793 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018

This TP lag when selling or placing orders is still there. It's mostly happening in the morning and afternoon (EU time) but in the evenings it starts to work mostly normally until morning again.

• altermaven.7385altermaven.7385 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 10, 2018

I am getting intermittent Trading Post lag in the NA servers, but I cannot troubleshoot the times where they are most frequent, as I only make trips if they are important. And it's only during the buy/sell window that it happens. Collecting orders are normal.

"I may not have my shinies anymore, but I'm still an honorary skritt!"
    Roaming skritt needs caffeine badly.
    Oldschool electronic music enthusiast.

• I have been getting these delay spikes/errors when I sell on the TP. Sometimes it happens after a few successful tries but I've seen it happen on the first sell on the TP. Not sure when I first experienced this but a rough estimate would be about 3-4 weeks ago.

• Yes for the love of god please fix this!

<1
©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.