scourge is so op that he can kill a player in a safe zone

DragonFury.6243

Necro is what necro is supposed to be.

An AoE GOD with little less than avrage tools to handle 1v1 against most metaprofessions.TBH Seems fair enough to me. Only a little sad that supportscourge got the nerfhammer.Reaper could probably make use of an additional defensive boon or so though like stability and/or protection.

@trueanimus.4085 said:necro class is the weakest class in game right now.. period.. we need a complete rework

Weakest at what? Necro rules in WvW and is killing it in PvP right now. I'm Necro main since launch (actually since GW1) and this is the 1st time I don't think we're the worst. Are we perfect? No, and thankfully so. We have limited mobility and the worst active defense but I like where we are now for the most part. We do need a slight boost for raids but I think it's a good time to be a Necro otherwise. I am just dreading the upcoming nerfs that we all know are coming.

@trueanimus.4085 said:necro class is the weakest class in game right now.. period.. we need a complete rework

No thank you.Well, core necro needs quite a lot of buffs to its death shroud. Why its death shroud? Because buffing anything else would also buff the reaper and scourge too, and they are in a good enough position right now (not for raids though).To be honest though, a lot of classes have weak core specializations compared to their elites. This is not specific to necros. I would like to see them all buffed.

@"Noha.3749" said:Necro is what necro is supposed to be.

An AoE GOD with little less than avrage tools to handle 1v1 against most metaprofessions.TBH Seems fair enough to me. Only a little sad that supportscourge got the nerfhammer.Reaper could probably make use of an additional defensive boon or so though like stability and/or protection.

Actually... No... NEcro was meant as a Sustainy bruiser specialized in conditions. It got nerfed for years because conditions were broken, then it got better, but because "balance" they broke it again, and again, and every time a necro spec is prominent it gets booted down, because this game never got conditions to work 100% well, and because necro is so good at using them, they can't let it work properly.

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

Actually... No... NEcro was meant as a Sustainy bruiser specialized in conditions. It got nerfed for years because conditions were broken, then it got better, but because "balance" they broke it again, and again, and every time a necro spec is prominent it gets booted down, because this game never got conditions to work 100% well, and because necro is so good at using them, they can't let it work properly.

And Funfact: mesmers will put way more Condi pressure to a target than necro can, but still necro gets all the hate

@Nimon.7840 said:

And Funfact: mesmers will put way more Condi pressure to a target than necro can, but still necro gets all the hate

that is a very sad funfact

@Nimon.7840 said:

Always has!Necro always had clear weaknesses, the problem with scourge is that it targeted a problem that Arena Net created: boon over-abundance, hence the hate.That plus the "shock" from seeing necro being strong when in fact Necro is seldom relevant, created the "hate".

@ReaverKane.7598 said:

@"Nimon.7840" said:And Funfact: mesmers will put way more Condi pressure to a target than necro can, but still necro gets all the hate

Always has!

I'd argue that scourge at PoF release had strong condi pressure.

Necro always had clear weaknesses, the problem with scourge is that it targeted a problem that Arena Net created: boon over-abundance, hence the hate.

True, ANet face the boon issue and pushed the scourge right in front of it. Most players don't even realise that boons are strong because they are used to have them. When they find themself stripped from them and riddled with conditions instead, it can be pretty shocking indeed.

That plus the "shock" from seeing necro being strong when in fact Necro is seldom relevant, created the "hate".

Not sure that seeing necromancer being strong is really shocking. The necromancer got isn't seldom relevant, he got a solid niche in PvP/WvW and he was already strong in it, ANet chose to strengthen this niche despite the fact that the necromancer didn't really needed this. I can understand that it created a justified "hate" especially since the gamemodes impacted are the gamemodes that impact other players which are infinitely more vocal than mobs.

Archived