Charm of potence

alchemist.6851

@"alchemist.6851" said:Maybe there is a thread already but what’s the best way to get this?Probably the TP.The wiki has a list of all runes that could drop it:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Charm_of_Potence

What salvage kit should i use to get the charm of potence from supererior runes?Kit doesn't matter if you are salvaging the rune directly; they all salvage at the same rate, which is very, very low. Only 9% from superiors.

Out of 100 runes salvaged, the results are

• Minors: 1.9 charms/symbols & ~100 lucent motes
  • Majors: 3.9 charms/symbols & ~200 lucent motes
  • Superiors: 9.0 charms/symbols & ~310 lucent motes

The choice of kit matters if you are salvaging gear with the rune, because the chance of the rune being stealth-recovered in the process is greater. Using a silver-fed/mystic instead of copper-fed/basic on armor generates about four times the amount of lucent motes, four times the amount of charms.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@"alchemist.6851" said:Maybe there is a thread already but what’s the best way to get this?Probably the TP.The wiki has a list of all runes that could drop it:

What salvage kit should i use to get the charm of potence from supererior runes?Kit doesn't matter if you are salvaging the rune directly;
, which is very, very low. Only 9% from superiors.

Out of 100 runes salvaged, the results are
  • Minors:
    1.9 charms/symbols & ~100 lucent motes
  • Majors:
    3.9 charms/symbols & ~200 lucent motes
  • Superiors:
    9.0 charms/symbols & ~310 lucent motes

The choice of kit matters if you are salvaging gear with the rune, because the chance of the rune being stealth-recovered in the process is greater.
on armor generates about four times the amount of lucent motes, four times the amount of charms.

Thank you! I guess it’s a bad design when charming going for over a gold per piece where the runes they make are not worth the sum of ingredients.. already owning copper fed doesn’t help too... oh well!

@alchemist.6851 said:I guess it’s a bad design when charming going for over a gold per piece where the runes they make are not worth the sum of ingredients.. already owning copper fed doesn’t help too... oh well!I am sure it's too soon to tell if the design is good for the game, for the community in the long run. A lot of people won't sell their charms/symbols until they have a full storage. That's a lot of stacks hiding from the TP.

In addition, sigils and runes still exist as separate items (for a variety of reasons). There are lots of people willing to sell them for cheap, since it will take ages for people to stop thinking of upgrades as vendor trash, worth copper or silver. Plus, the bonuses have changed so there are going to be reasons to choose a larger variety of upgrades than in the past, whereas in the past, there optimal choice and the best budget choice didn't have any competition. (Although for raiders/fractalers, Scholar's is going to remain the go-to power rune for a while. For other people, there are a couple of alternatives now.)

Archived