South African Ping Issues

Hi there South African Gw2 fans(players). Please help my post and support our bad latency we have here to Arenanet servers. I'm in a South African guild and all of us have the same issues and thats the ping we sitting with. In PvE thats not a major problem, but as soon as you go Contest or WvW we as South African players have so much of a disadvantage. How can we compete to playes with 100 or less ping? I honestly feel its unfair and asked Arenanet to help.. They advised that if we have more posts they will look further into it.. Please suppprt and sent your comments. 300 ping is no fun..

Regardsdoomslayer. 3764

I dont know how Anet can help you with the sheer distance between your country and the servers.Do you connect to NA servers or EU?

Also, Australian players have only slightly less Ping than you do,And although I live in America, the area I live in doesn't have a steady connectionand I am playing on a 1.5mb dsl :(and instead of just high ping, I get packet loss.There are times I wish I had a consistent 300 ping.

Maybe a VPN would help? Have you tried that?Its usually not free, but it might improve your connection.

/Cheers

@Doomslayer.3764 said:Hi there South African Gw2 fans(players). Please help my post and support our bad latency we have here to Arenanet servers. I'm in a South African guild and all of us have the same issues and thats the ping we sitting with. In PvE thats not a major problem, but as soon as you go Contest or WvW we as South African players have so much of a disadvantage. How can we compete to playes with 100 or less ping? I honestly feel its unfair and asked Arenanet to help.. They advised that if we have more posts they will look further into it.. Please suppprt and sent your comments. 300 ping is no fun..

Regardsdoomslayer. 3764

Short of putting servers on your continent there is not much they can do. It is possible. I would not like that either but I don't think they will be doing that.

A VPN will not solve the issue as it is just latency over the distance you are connecting to the main data centers. Faster internet might help but there are a lot of hops between you and them in your local. It is unfortunate that the world on whole does not want to work together better to improve throughput on the internet for the entire race. Don't blame ANET though blame all of the arrogance our various governments and infrastructure leaders seem to live by. The whole damn planet could be connected faster by far than it is but we as tiny folks don't get much say in it.

Try a VPN through Singapore.

Archived