This game needs more reveal.

Vasdamas Anklast.1607

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Okay, but then make thieves tanky enough to fight you without stealth.I am totally up for not playing stealthed, as long as you realize that thief damage and condi mitigation is often tied to stealth and give them ways to still be combat effective without being annoying.

he means that stealth should be something you should time well and can't spam and not just pop it whenever you like

@Snellibee.2761 said:

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:Okay, but then make thieves tanky enough to fight you without stealth.I am totally up for not playing stealthed, as long as you realize that thief damage and condi mitigation is often tied to stealth and give them ways to still be combat effective without being annoying.

he means that stealth should be something you should time well and can't spam and not just pop it whenever you like

That's fine too, but still make thieves be able to 1v1 with less access to stealth. If you're going to make the core mechanic for deadeyes more difficult, they should have more access to active defenses that allow them to contest you without relying on stealth.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

That's fine too, but still make thieves be able to 1v1 with less access to stealth. If you're going to make the core mechanic for deadeyes more difficult, they should have more access to active defenses that allow them to contest you without relying on stealth.

Thing is deadeye is class that shouldn't 1v1, does a sniper fight a soldier CQC? Deadeyes are supposed to use their ridiculous range and position themselves so the enemy has a hard time reaching them, at the state now they can be 5 meter away from you, do 10k in one shot and go back to stealth and theres nothing you can do about it.

@Snellibee.2761 said:

Thing is deadeye is class that shouldn't 1v1, does a sniper fight a soldier CQC? Deadeyes are supposed to use their ridiculous range and position themselves so the enemy has a hard time reaching them, at the state now they can be 5 meter away from you, do 10k in one shot and go back to stealth and theres nothing you can do about it.

Okay. Just make Deaths Judgement not tied to a stealth skill, and give them active defenses to deal with their stealth loss.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Okay. Just make Deaths Judgement not tied to a stealth skill, and give them active defenses to deal with their stealth loss.

There other effective defenses are mobility, deadeye shouldn't be able to take much hits he should be able to avoid hits wich he can by staying far from his target. But besides being able to do that he can go perma stealth too

@Snellibee.2761 said:

There other effective defenses are mobility, deadeye shouldn't be able to take much hits he should be able to avoid hits wich he can by staying far from his target. But besides being able to do that he can go perma stealth too

Okay. take out perma stealth, but enhance their mobility a bit and give them the highest range in the game, so they dont have to trade with rangers from 1500R and die.

Also modify the terrain so they can get good shots on all of the points from at least a couple of angles while at 1500R, so people have to leave the point and deal with them, which is essentially how they play in the first place, only worse.

(Notice how we're not talking about reveal anymore?)

The point I'm trying to make is that thieves have been shoehorned into being ranged harassment because the meta declared they were too obnoxious to be effective duelists, and it is absurd that people are pretending that they need more nerfs to stealth specifically when nerfing their stealth access will either:

lead to them being permanently out of range and still killing you from off of the point [if any buff is made to their mobility to allow them to kite more]push them out of the meta entirely [if no buff is given to allow them to accommodate for being more exposed]return them to 1v1 duelist status [if they get any compensatory buff to survivability.]

unless I'm missing something. because without stealth they are effectively slightly faster, three times as glassy longbow rangers with no add that cannot contest the point. Who will play that?

On my thief, I am totally up for anything that allows me to kill someone, as long as my kit played well enough allows me to reasonably contest a significant handful of builds. I dont care if that is as a +1 or as a solo duelist. What's not going to happen, however, is me having to watch people go "you cant 1v1, contest the point while losing points by standing outside of the ring, OR defend yourself, but yet please still pvp as thief."

Gonna have to give thieves something chief.

Tbh imo rangers need their bow range reduced, I already find deadeyes to have really long range on my S/D weaver for example, I have no range myself so I need to walk (unless I got shadowstep up) that 1500 range wich give the deadeye enough time to relocate with a couple seconds of stealth. Deadeye has everything he needs mate, he's not that squishy he's just dumb to play and needs some changes so he'll can still be amazing in good hands but not every hand. You need need perma stealth to relocate, you only need a couple seconds.

PS: Thiefs are able to duel, you just need to be good. Watch Sindrener on Twitch or youtube. The problem is that there are too many classes that need no brain to be good, wich makes it harder for thiefs to show there worth untill you're really good with them yourself.

Archived