no more fun playing a deadeye

aiinseinn.5914

hmmm.. I'm not sure why it's not fun. For those folks that are very good at thief class, they're still hard to kill. Most of us don't waste time with the reveal thing.. I haven't even bought one of those yet and won't likely. However, I have seen an increase in people playing thief these days and my kill rate is going up since most of them aren't very good. I'm hoping that people keep telling other people to get on this class and roam since it's not as purely simple as people like to say and it really does bring me more very fast kills when I'm roaming. Long live... or die... deadye! ;)

hm, for some people it is fun to kill others out of stealth and without any real chance of counterplay. And be able to disengage and run away without any trouble if there is any pressure at all.

That said, so far I havent seen any use of the new trap. I have seen some very incompetent thieves the last week. But that is a different matter.

@"Voltekka.2375" said:And this shows how much the broken stealth mechanic carried Deadeyes and thieves. You can still abuse stealth, just stay away from semtries and towers with the watchtower buff. But saying "its no more fun" equals to "i am a really bad player who relied on a broken thing"

So basically any core mechanic of class is considered broken in your view.

@Klypto.1703 said:

@"Voltekka.2375" said:And this shows how much the broken stealth mechanic carried Deadeyes and thieves. You can still abuse stealth, just stay away from semtries and towers with the watchtower buff. But saying "its no more fun" equals to "i am a really bad player who relied on a broken thing"

Stealth mechanic of thief was broken. Yes. Now that it has some counterplay in wvw thieves are salty and basically cant play anymore. Thief still has highest mobility and ports. People need to literally git gud in this case.

You can't claim it's broken when it's literally so heavily baked into the thief line that a lot of traits revolve around it in different lines. It's not thieve's faults Anet designed the class to use this mechanic. They have tried to steer towards perma evade instead of stealth as the safety net since thieves are squishy in any form and lack the invulns of other classes. But again everyone complained and calls it cheese and broken. So they moved away from evades with PoF and back to stealth.

You can't take everything away from the class just because you hate fighting it. If anything mesmers abuse evades and stealth much more in my opinion while having the extra blocks and invulns other classes have on top.

You can't expect to have classes like Mesmer with all this or Warriors and Guards with blocks and invulns for days with super high damage. No trade off. Then proceed to tell the paper bag that is thief hp to "get gud" "stop using cheese" just because you can't catch them. They need something too. Perma stealth is not healthy in the slightest nor is perma evades. But you have to give them something to compete or else they just become F tier.

If players can't stay 2 seconds in stealth to counter the mark debuff, then it is because those players are bad.Before the rotation was:

• Stealth, then wait 3 seconds or less then attack.Now, the rotation is:
  • Stealth, then wait 2 seconds then attack.

The rotation is the same but with 1 second less. It looks like thieves are mad because they cannot perma-stealth near towers or sentries.Anet should remove the mark buff and instead make the thief reveal if they stay 2 seconds in stealth. With all the evades dodges and mobility they have they can re-stealth with no problem.

I think the change was refreshing. I was actually running my ghost DE last night (that I play purely out of boredom) and it was fun to see how many people I can get to chase me after I get the debuff.

When i wanted to actually down someone, yeah it made it a bit trickier to get around, however I found the new counterplay was def workable. No different than being a daredevil (that I used to main) and tripping a stealth trap. I worked with that and still got my kill mor eoften than not...this just means I gotta work for my kill now.

@Hitman.5829 said:If players can't stay 2 seconds in stealth to counter the mark debuff, then it is because those players are bad.Before the rotation was:

• Stealth, then wait 3 seconds or less then attack.Now, the rotation is:
  • Stealth, then wait 2 seconds then attack.

The rotation is the same but with 1 second less. It looks like thieves are mad because they cannot perma-stealth near towers or sentries.Anet should remove the mark buff and instead make the thief reveal if they stay 2 seconds in stealth. With all the evades dodges and mobility they have they can re-stealth with no problem.

What if you don't want to attack but to juke/disengage? You will now be revealed in both cases (and that's even if you play daredevil or S/D and use stolen skill of another thief). So yes, it definitely makes a huge difference. Also, if the other player kites well, 2s are usually not enough to get into a good position. The last sentence is such a bs I don't think it's worth commenting on it...

But on topic: The debuff is poor design but if people really want to gank with permanent stealth and big surprise attack, why not just wait in a camp, at veteran creatures (if you are really that desperate) or at your own centuries... There is hardly a difference in the annoyance level...

@Klypto.1703 said:

No, just stealth.

@Klypto.1703 said:

No, necro shroud trait which lowered shroud cd and was gutted, THAT was also a core mechanic. But who cares about necro, eh

Tell me exactly how it's fun playing something that doesn't really have a hard counter? Is it fun because you rarely die once you figure out how to escape fights that don't result in your 1-shot of a decent player out roaming around? Or is it fun 1-shotting some unsuspecting person, from stealth, in their zerg build/gear just trying to get back to their group? Seems to me the only people that actually have fun with this are the people not actually looking for any kind of fair fight, but instead are just trolls lookin for laughs.

@Emprer.7256 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:yet this change made it less likely that permastealth will go away :3

according to what? All that I care is I see fewer deadeyes in wvw since the patch and I am all for it.

You see less because majority of players was not using permastealth which is just a gimmick with very low impact on the mode.

Now not just DE but most of thief specs are useless at the enemy side, there are few completely stealthless but it is dead meat once more than 1 guy jumps on them as they have no invuln/block/boon-spam as other roaming specs. So most people play other classes or just left.

But it is indeed tempting since the fighting capabilities are nerfed to hell anyway just to respec for the gimmick and go camp your own side to ohko t-paper builds getting too close.

@Riko.9214 said:

Now not just DE but most of thief specs are useless at the enemy side, there are few completely stealthless but it is dead meat once more than 1 guy jumps on them as they have no invuln/block/boon-spam as other roaming specs. So most people play other classes or just left.

I think that is a very good thing. There is still enough thieves out there. The good ones adapted and the fotm rerollers that used that braindead builds are gone. Win/Win.

Archived