Sigil update is not a class balance update — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Sigil update is not a class balance update

Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭
edited November 19, 2018 in PVP

When can we see a balance update l. This tuesaday? The season already started.

Tagged:

Comments

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

Praying for DH buffs

Twitch | YouTube

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• phokus.8934phokus.8934 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    When can we see a balance update l. This tuesaday? The season already started focus on balance please.

I'm fairly certain Ben said mid season balance patch. If that is true then we're not seeing a balance patch this Tuesday.

• Not going to make a new post. Im just wondering about this week in Tuesday though.

• FaboBabo.3581FaboBabo.3581 Member ✭✭✭✭

I was like wth ?

Mirage since Day 1 - It got better!

• Where art thou my update. Thou shalt or shalt not?

• DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

Pretty sure only Gemstore today.

• Blocki.4931Blocki.4931 Member ✭✭✭✭

that_shaman also expects the next update in 7 days on his timer.

Logging out forever.

• Eddbopkins.2630Eddbopkins.2630 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 4, 2018

At this point i dont think its the middle of the season. Theres 1 month left in a 3 month season so this is now like the ending month of the season. Are we to assume that there wont be an actual balance patch in quarter 4 of this year? If the devs dont keep things updated and changing then im a walk the heck away from this game in 2019.
    This is NOT guild wars 1 where there where dozens and dozens of builds for eaxh class combination. Theres only 1-2 real viable builds per class and if they cant handle that, then the future of the games pvp in 2019 is very very bleek for me. The only pwople who can change this are the devs i wish them the best of luck.

• Tis the time for a balance update tomorrow?

• More shatterstone buffs? That'll fix ele. ;)

• Theros.1390Theros.1390 Member ✭✭✭

@Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:
    Tis the time for a balance update tomorrow?

Tis.

"Tis" is gonna be epic I'm pretty sure.

• @Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Tis? or tease? Looking forward to the patch notes.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

• Dante.1763Dante.1763 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

hopefully its a large one!

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
    Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars

edited December 10, 2018

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Lmao, cool and thankyou.

O no i just relized it is supposed to be 'tis the season' not 'time'. Oppsy

• Elxdark.9702Elxdark.9702 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

There's a general balance patch tomorrow. It's not PvP focused, but does have some PvP splits

This is what Ben said on discord about the patch so please don't expect that much you will get disappointed anyways.

Trash NA thief HITZER
    twitch

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

It doesn't matter what is in the patch be it good or bad it will be "trash" resulting in "the worst balance ever". Despite the change to abrasive grit showing the sort of process they go through when making changes and the thought behind them Anet will be "doing things at random" because they have "no idea about the game". Also "I could have come up with a better balance patch than this"

• Elxdark.9702Elxdark.9702 Member ✭✭✭

@Sigmoid.7082 said:
    It doesn't matter what is in the patch be it good or bad it will be "trash" resulting in "the worst balance ever". Despite the change to abrasive grit showing the sort of process they go through when making changes and the thought behind them Anet will be "doing things at random" because they have "no idea about the game". Also "I could have come up with a better balance patch than this"

so do think they have been doing a wonderful job so far? a rat could have implemented better changes than this clown fiesta we have now.

Trash NA thief HITZER
    twitch

• @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

All I want for Christmas is Berserker buffs!

• Pterikdactyl.7630Pterikdactyl.7630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Thanks for the update Ben ♡.

• otto.5684otto.5684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Sadly, I am pretty sure Tis will be highly disappointing. The class balance changes over the last 4-5 month have been extremely ineffective, hence zero change in the meta.

edited December 11, 2018

@otto.5684 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Sadly, I am pretty sure Tis will be highly disappointing. The class balance changes over the last 4-5 month have been extremely ineffective, hence zero change in the meta.

Its either QQ Tears or Happy Tears.
    I will have fun either way.

• mrauls.6519mrauls.6519 Member ✭✭✭

Hopes: boon beast and condi mirage are erased

Dreams: DH is buffed

Reality: we will see

Twitch | YouTube

Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 11, 2018

@otto.5684 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

To be fair the meta isn't completely horrible right now and only ele does not have a meta build.

But yeah, I'm expecting very little from this upcoming patch. Anytime hints are dropped that it's a PvE centric patch that's a good sign to abandon any hope. PvE balance will always be unrealistic since it is heavily influenced by the fact that monster AI is for the most part dumb as rocks. Even well written AI with todays technology is still barely smarter than an insect. As a result pandering to the PvE crowd with balance is basically the same as pandering to bronze/silver ranked players, it just never turns out well for PvP.

In fact as I think about it I actually wish we wouldn't be getting any balance update and they should instead wait until they have something more catered towards PvP. But who knows. Maybe they will surprise us with some amazingly insightful changes. Maybe it will be a minimalist patch that just happens to hit all the specific problems skills/traits in just the right way. Or maybe not. I personally have my doubts but you can dream if you want.

• FyzE.3472FyzE.3472 Member ✭✭✭

@Dante.1763 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

That's what she... ok, OK! I will show myself out.

• @Krieger.4712 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Make primal bursts act like level 2 bursts and everything will be all right again. Easiest buff in history and not really OP. (level 3 bursts was too much. Level 1 killed the elite)

• jsp.6912jsp.6912 Member ✭✭

want berserker great again !

• zoopop.5630zoopop.5630 Member ✭✭✭✭

@mrauls.6519 said:

I second this

• @Sigmoid.7082 said:

To be fair Sigmoid they only did the changes to Abrasive Grit and sat down to talk about, AFTER the mess was made. It shows that they didn't actually consider what interactions there would be between traits and runes and just went for it.
    And this type of behavior is shown throughout most of their patches, it always gives the impression that we are playing on beta servers and being used to test things out.

You can see the same practice when they pushed Revenant, Mesmer Overhaul, a number of elite specs and even other balance patches... You can't blame us for having the impression that Anet employees barely play their own game given the number of times we have been given broken patches with content that is noticed immediately after logging in.

• Sigmoid.7082Sigmoid.7082 Member ✭✭✭

@Wolfeng.3784 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

To be fair Sigmoid they only did the changes to Abrasive Grit and sat down to talk about, AFTER the mess was made. It shows that they didn't actually consider what interactions there would be between traits and runes and just went for it.
    And this type of behavior is shown throughout most of their patches, it always gives the impression that we are playing on beta servers and being used to test things out.

You can see the same practice when they pushed Revenant, Mesmer Overhaul, a number of elite specs and even other balance patches... You can't blame us for having the impression that Anet employees barely play their own game given the number of times we have been given broken patches with content that is noticed immediately after logging in.

It was just an example. The point being it doesn't matter exactly what they put in the patch and how good or bad it may be overall it will always be heralded as the worst thing since sliced bread. They could do 15 good things and one bad but the bad is all people will focus on as to why the changes as a whole are trash despite some of them actually being really good/useful/needed.

edited December 11, 2018

@FyzE.3472 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Small ones can be quite effective sometimes. They only need to hit the right spot.

;)

• @Spartacus.3192 said:

@Krieger.4712 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Make primal bursts act like level 2 bursts and everything will be all right again. Easiest buff in history and not really OP. (level 3 bursts was too much. Level 1 killed the elite)

I'd like to see the cast time nerfs on primal bursts and headbutt reverted to. Ideally the self stun as well, but that's probably asking SantaNet to much.

• @mrauls.6519 said:

Reality: teef nerf ...

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@FyzE.3472 said:

@Dante.1763 said:

@Theros.1390 said:

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

Tis.

Small ones can be quite effective sometimes. They only need to hit the right spot.

;)

Both of these true! But length trumps size ;)

Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.

edited December 11, 2018

Im so excited i just cant hide it. This looks like a nice up date. Alot to read atm for me im still at work....ty ben and the anet team keep it up.

• @Dante.1763 said:

Size, length, and the verb "to trump." I'll just let any jokes write themselves.

"Face the facts. Then act on them. It's ...the only doctrine I have to offer you, & it's harder than you'd think, because I swear humans seem hardwired to do anything but. Face the facts. Don't pray, don't wish, ...FACE THE FACTS. THEN act." — Quellcrist Falconer

@Dante.1763 said:

Size, length, and the verb "to trump." I'll just let any jokes write themselves.

Foofoofoo, victory for me~

edited December 12, 2018

You know you ask for things hoping it be improvements. But what you get is a kick in the nuts. Ele once again get the shaft. Played a bunch a games last night on it and it just so much work. Without tempest defence im susceptible to every cc follow hit there is. And having only 12k hp its no bueno

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.