Sigil update is not a class balance update

Eddbopkins.2630

At this point i dont think its the middle of the season. Theres 1 month left in a 3 month season so this is now like the ending month of the season. Are we to assume that there wont be an actual balance patch in quarter 4 of this year? If the devs dont keep things updated and changing then im a walk the heck away from this game in 2019.This is NOT guild wars 1 where there where dozens and dozens of builds for eaxh class combination. Theres only 1-2 real viable builds per class and if they cant handle that, then the future of the games pvp in 2019 is very very bleek for me. The only pwople who can change this are the devs i wish them the best of luck.

It doesn't matter what is in the patch be it good or bad it will be "trash" resulting in "the worst balance ever". Despite the change to abrasive grit showing the sort of process they go through when making changes and the thought behind them Anet will be "doing things at random" because they have "no idea about the game". Also "I could have come up with a better balance patch than this"

@"Sigmoid.7082" said:It doesn't matter what is in the patch be it good or bad it will be "trash" resulting in "the worst balance ever". Despite the change to abrasive grit showing the sort of process they go through when making changes and the thought behind them Anet will be "doing things at random" because they have "no idea about the game". Also "I could have come up with a better balance patch than this"

so do think they have been doing a wonderful job so far? a rat could have implemented better changes than this clown fiesta we have now.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:Tis the time for a balance update tomorrow?

Tis.

"Tis" is gonna be epic I'm pretty sure.

Sadly, I am pretty sure Tis will be highly disappointing. The class balance changes over the last 4-5 month have been extremely ineffective, hence zero change in the meta.

Its either QQ Tears or Happy Tears.I will have fun either way.

@otto.5684 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:Tis the time for a balance update tomorrow?

Tis.

"Tis" is gonna be epic I'm pretty sure.

Sadly, I am pretty sure Tis will be highly disappointing. The class balance changes over the last 4-5 month have been extremely ineffective, hence zero change in the meta.

To be fair the meta isn't completely horrible right now and only ele does not have a meta build.

But yeah, I'm expecting very little from this upcoming patch. Anytime hints are dropped that it's a PvE centric patch that's a good sign to abandon any hope. PvE balance will always be unrealistic since it is heavily influenced by the fact that monster AI is for the most part dumb as rocks. Even well written AI with todays technology is still barely smarter than an insect. As a result pandering to the PvE crowd with balance is basically the same as pandering to bronze/silver ranked players, it just never turns out well for PvP.

In fact as I think about it I actually wish we wouldn't be getting any balance update and they should instead wait until they have something more catered towards PvP. But who knows. Maybe they will surprise us with some amazingly insightful changes. Maybe it will be a minimalist patch that just happens to hit all the specific problems skills/traits in just the right way. Or maybe not. I personally have my doubts but you can dream if you want.

Archived