[Idea] a gem store item to turn outfits into armor skin?

First of all, totally NOT an original idea, got it from BDO where their pearl store offers an item to turn crafted costumes into outfits

I believe there are many other Fashion Wars 2 fans would love to be able to use just a certain piece of outfit in their wardrobe, but can't :disappointed_relieved:

one day, the gem sale of outfits will eventually become stagnant, so why not extend the sale by implement some form of token in gem store where you can turn an outfit into a full set armor piece?

having the trading in cost = an unlocked outfit + token + a certain amount of high grade armor crafting material from each armor crafting profession (cloth, leather, metal)Once unlocked, it will unlock the full set to all armor classes

the caviar is, these armor skins are completely locked behind this token, there will be no other ways of obtaining it, not even with wardrobe unlocker

The poll, how much gems are you willing to pay if Anet implemented such feature???

@crepuscular.9047 said:I believe there are many other Fashion Wars 2 fans would love to be able to use just a certain piece of outfit in their wardrobe, but can't :disappointed_relieved:Indeed.

one day, the gem sale of outfits will eventually become stagnant, so why not extend the sale by implement some form of token in gem store where you can turn an outfit into a full set armor piece?Because that doesn't take into account the difference in design requirements.

• Outfits are onesies, single pieces designed not to mix/match. They are cheaper to conceive of & implement. They also are of a different weight.
  • Armor pieces have to work differently with each weight. They are costlier.

the caviar is, these armor skins are completely locked behind this token, there will be no other ways of obtaining it, not even with wardrobe unlockerThat's the first time I've seen that particular idea. I think it's creative & fair. I dunno how well the community would respond to having to buy a gemshop item to unlock something else later. (Although there are precedents for it.)

The poll, how much gems are you willing to pay if Anet implemented such feature???I think the problem is that ANet would need to charge a lot of gems for outfits to finance turning them into armor pieces.

What they might be able to pull off is if the community identified a couple of elements from a couple of outfits that we'd like to see as armor pieces and make those unlockable in the way the OP suggested. That would keep the costs down. A lot.

I think the OP might get some good responses if they asked for which 'slices' of outfits people would most like to see.

I would prefer them to just sell pieces of outfits as armour skins. Then they could just do the ones that would actually work, rather than the whole system being held up because something like the wedding dresses or Noble Count dress can't be split and others have the 'dividing line' in the wrong place to match some/all the armour weights. That way each piece could be priced accordingly instead of trying to find one price which fits all items.

Although for the ones which can't be split they could make it hide the piece/s it would clip with. They did that before with the pirate costume. When it was town clothes the top and trousers were 1 piece and covered whatever other leggings you were wearing (which was a shame, because I wanted to wear the top with the human town clothes skirt).

@"Danikat.8537" said:I would prefer them to just sell pieces of outfits as armour skins. Then they could just do the ones that would actually work, rather than the whole system being held upIf I understand correctly, the whole system is already held up because all of the outfits are onesies; there are no "pieces" unless they make them. Most of the work (according to the devs) is in the rendering, not the design.

So even though some outfits look like they have helms or gloves or shoulders that are separable, there's no actual light helm or medium glove or heavy shoulders; they exist as part of the one-piece in a fourth weight of armor. The rendering requires molding them to the relevant 'mesh' of for that particular weight & extensive testing to ensure there's no clipping (and yeah, even though we see clipping now, apparently that's because the devs already spent a ton of work to ensure that they eliminated a lot more).

Presumably, there would be less effort in doing this work for those outfits that allow us to hide those three parts. Maybe even a lot less work. Unfortunately, it seems there's still a lot of work to produce components that share design elements with the outfits.

Archived