How do players "jump" to places they normally couldn't?

Lurana.7506

I often see other players with different classes "jumping" to places they normally couldn't reach. For example in the Colosseum I sometimes see them "jumping" from this small wooden "stage" next to the home capture point (or the far capture point on the other side) to the stage next to the capture point in the middle of the map. But it's too high to actually jump on it. I even see some thiefs using shadow step to get there but every time I try it it says "no way to target" (I'm not sure how it actually says in English but you know what I mean ;) ). If there is a trick could you tell me? Because it's much faster than just running the whole way around. Thank you!

@"Lurana.7506" said:I even see some thiefs using shadow step to get there but every time I try it it says "no way to target" (I'm not sure how it actually says in English but you know what I mean ;) ). If there is a trick could you tell me? Because it's much faster than just running the whole way around. Thank you!

You need to be pretty specific with the targeting when you do this. Once you learn the rules that concern these kinds of skills, it gets pretty easy.

1. There needs to be a walkable path between where you are and where you want to teleport. If you need to jump at any point between the 2, it doesn't work. For example, the wood piles in Colosseum, you can't port up or down from them because you jump up onto them. But from the ramps, for example, you can port without issues.
  2. Always target the edge so that the AoE indicator is more on the side of the wall rather than on top of it. You may get the "No line of sight"-message, or the "No valid path"-message. The first message indicates your cursor is misplaced where the latter message indicates that there's no walkable path between you and your destination.

Pictures would be neat to have here but I'm at work. Can't login and take some screen shots. There also used to be a complete guide for this which I can't find right now.

Archived