when you find out that ele has the dumbest rez trait

Swagg.9236

I can't be the only one doing this. There has to be someone who at least once pre-made a 5-man around this meme. It feels like the only thing stopping zerk staff elementalist with ludicrous rez power from being god meta is the fact that ranked matches dole out what are effectively RNG team comps; and it's somewhat difficult to contribute with this build if it isn't paired with a designated thiccboi who can stand on points and eat damage for a prolonged period of time. Ultimately, hope this gets a few laughs at least.

@Swagg.9236 said:It feels like the only thing stopping zerk staff elementalist with ludicrous rez power from being god meta is the fact that ranked matches dole out what are effectively RNG team comps

The only thing stopping zerker staff ele from becoming god meta is the fact that it's a trash tier elohell build that gets hardcountered and deleted from the map in an instant by anything that has damage and a single teleport (or even just ranged damage)

@witcher.3197 said:

@Swagg.9236 said:It feels like the only thing stopping zerk staff elementalist with ludicrous rez power from being god meta is the fact that ranked matches dole out what are effectively RNG team comps

The only thing stopping zerker staff ele from becoming god meta is the fact that it's a trash tier elohell build that gets hardcountered and deleted from the map in an instant by anything that has damage and a single teleport (or even just ranged damage)

Yeah, the res power on staff ele is a 1-trick-pony gimmick at best(in PvP). Whereas on a Blood Scourge the res power is a good tool in a box that's already filled with other good tools.In order for it to become anywhere near viable, the entire set of skills on ele staff would need to be re-designed.

Sure, it's one of the better rez traits (compared to say, mesmer's feedback rez), but it's not even as fast as blood necro's rez trait (that also happens to teleport teammates) unless you double geyser, which means running meme staff that dies to any type of focus by the enemy. A lot of support tempest runs it, but a rez tempest is a joke too unless it gets carried by scourges+firebrand, for which you might as well just replace the tempest with another blood scourge. Nothing dumb or god meta about it.

it's only good/meta in pve where you run arcane weaver and instant rez pugs in raids while doing good dps.

The reviving utility is way better used if you're building tanky and can get it off under pressure.

Obviously the revive power existing is something to take into account, I've been suggesting Tempest/Support Scrapper/Ventari Herald buffs for a long time but obviously wouldn't want any to be as OP as Firebrand

@Chaith.8256 said:The reviving utility is way better used if you're building tanky and can get it off under pressure.

Obviously the revive power existing is something to take into account, I've been suggesting Tempest/Support Scrapper/Ventari Herald buffs for a long time but obviously wouldn't want any to be as OP as Firebrand

Honestly I don't think Firebrand is even that OP anymore. It has a clear weakness to Power builds, and it can't kill anything. They also don't encroach into any other role's territory too much because their bunkering capability isn't great.I'm sometimes tempted to suggest buffs to it, and that's only half joking.

The reason why I don't is because I want to see the other supports buffed first to a level they can compete against/with Firebrand. Then we could take a look at how we want to specialize those roles, and who is good in what.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Funny because back in HoT days we do see couple great staff eles who're able to hold off most meta builds in far node in 1v1 or 2v1 constantly.Staff actually have plenty of denials and when caught the rhythm can be amazing at survival.

Things have changed since then.And not just PoF directly.

@Yannir.4132 said:

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:Funny because back in HoT days we do see couple great staff eles who're able to hold off most meta builds in far node in 1v1 or 2v1 constantly.Staff actually have plenty of denials and when caught the rhythm can be amazing at survival.

Things have changed since then.And not just PoF directly.

Haha I don't doubt that, just find it funny how odd things can work

Can't say something like that, you'll break the forums here even suggesting that staff is viable on side node or dueling...

It's a really good trait but unfortunately the rest of tempest isn't as good as it once was because of the extremely high damage from revs, holos and excessive corrupts of scourge + buffs classes received while being "under-represented".

Also no, don't buff tempest or ele, nerf the heck out of PoF classes.

@"apharma.3741" said:It's a really good trait but unfortunately the rest of tempest isn't as good as it once was because of the extremely high damage from revs, holos and excessive corrupts of scourge + buffs classes received while being "under-represented".

No tempest in video mate, core Fire/Air/Arcane full zerk meme build.

If only Fire got a little more buff though. None of the Fire GM is GM worthy, wonder if they can add an aura stuff to it so you actually have synergy on that line :L

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:It's a really good trait but unfortunately the rest of tempest isn't as good as it once was because of the extremely high damage from revs, holos and excessive corrupts of scourge + buffs classes received while being "under-represented".

If only Fire got a little more buff though. None of the Fire GM is GM worthy, wonder if they can add an aura stuff to it so you actually have synergy on that line :L

I know but if you're grabbing the rez trait you might as well double down on the support and go tempest, for squishy builds auto arcane shield will contribute more to you living in general even on staff.

Fire is OK because you can take Pyromancer's Puissance and on core ele blinding ashes was always a good shout as you knew you'd blind enemies in fire.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

There is auras on that line?

The passive fire aura for attuning to fire.Cleanse conditions when gaining an AuraDetonated Auras cleanse 2 conditions

Gain might while using fire skills isnt that bad, gain fury on blast finisher is super handy if you dont run air and the other one is a dud.

I play sage/menders/celestial temp across fire water arcane and air depending on ammy.

What was hot days? 2-3 years ago? That doesnt matter, what Does matter is the present the the future and atm both are very very dark for the ele.

@XECOR.2814 said:How good is the build when being focused in a teamfight?

• Opening midfight depends on the map; some are good for going sanic fast and laying entry hazards to stall and CC enemies before retreating back into your team (Niflhel is probably the best one for this). If the map is bad for zerk staff midfights outright, then it's preferable to just cap home and show up late for a free win when nobody expects an untapped zerk staff damage toolkit late into a teamfight.
  • Post opening teamfights are a lot easier because speed runes and general mobility allows the build to rotate like crazy and just link up with allies at opportune times. Since the build is constantly roaming, it often shows up somewhat late to every fight and can just engage with surprise. The hard CC and immob can lock down certain classes, set up for meteors or protect allies while reviving. Using arcane shield and lightning flashing onto an opponent in the middle of a big cluster of passive damage (i.e. scourge nonsense) is also an easy way to just blow someone up with an instant 6k+ damage on top of whatever you might have active on top of that (i.e. meteors or lava font).
  • Tornado can boost HP enough to survive a few seconds of pressure and also either scare people away or just launch them while also inflicting weakness and thousands of damage.
  • Running around can also just end up taking pressure off of more stationary targets like FB or Scourge. Sometimes the prolonged distraction you make while just juking someone can get your team the important kill on the point proper. Some maps are much better than others for that, naturally.

tl;dr The only time you might ever be focused hard is if you choose to fight an opening teamfight on a map that is naturally bad for zerk staff ele, so shame on you. If you're getting focused hard after that, then you just aren't looking at the minimap, so shame on you. Even if your entire team is dead, and you're caught out in the middle of nowhere, it's still decently easy to kite because permaswiftness speed runes, super speed, lightning flash and the general staff kit. If I die more than twice in a game, things have gone very, very badly.

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:It's a really good trait but unfortunately the rest of tempest isn't as good as it once was because of the extremely high damage from revs, holos and excessive corrupts of scourge + buffs classes received while being "under-represented".

I know but if you're grabbing the rez trait you might as well double down on the support and go tempest, for squishy builds auto arcane shield will contribute more to you living in general even on staff.

Fire is OK because you can take Pyromancer's Puissance and on core ele blinding ashes was always a good shout as you knew you'd blind enemies in fire.

Tempest is awful because the most damage is point-blank which is exactly where staff never really wants to be for any prolonged period of time. Moreover, tempest ele has no real way of being passively invulnerable to some degree while taking actions like every other meta class. This means that not only does it die while attempting to deal damage, but even if it's trying to heal, it's just going to get put in the dirt at some point (or at least much faster than, say, FB).

Also, I used to run final shield, but I just tried out this trait instead and eventually got too decent with it to ever really want to take auto shield again. The ability to nearly instantly rez (multiple) allies or even help rez from 1200 range has a team benefit that is many magnitudes beyond anything than anything that the team might get by possibly prolonging the death of one squishy, ramp-up caster that is basically only really good at swinging team fights.

Also, the top level fire GM trait is the same in PvE: persisting flames. More damage presence, more threat. The damage that this build deals is its own psuedo-shield. Fire CD trait also gives you more burning retreat (more defense); and the adept cleanses conditions instantly on a pretty regular tempo from fight to fight. Air line is more CC and speed boost (more defenses) as well as the primary source of consistent damage from the build: lighting rod. Arcane is vigor, rez and arcane skill recharge (which equates to more defense via shield and wave when you use it to blind or immobilize people; wave is actually hyper flexible: it can help heal as a blast, CC for kills, CC for defense or just deal extra damage to finish kills or stall rezzes). Dropping any of that for tempest has never been worth it in all of the attempts I've made to run that espec (even when trying to stack traits for a support set-up). Weaver is awful for it because the meme mechanic walls all of the most vital staff skills behind 4s recharges without offering anything decent in return.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

What was hot days? 2-3 years ago? That doesnt matter, what Does matter is the present the the future and atm both are very very dark for the ele.

Sure thing. But whatever trivial historical thing I mentioned won't affect your ability to self pity isn't it? It's not like I don't understand ele's situation, why make it so we should only whine about ele?

Yes, this trait is really nice on a support build, and is pretty well balanced. You can play smart and time it will with staff water 3 to quickly res, but it doesn't interrupt stomps, doesn't provide stab, and doesn't mitigate other damage. The ele is still vulnerable by having to run in and start a res, and can be cleaned out if you know this is coming.

As for the video...if you let a zerker anything free cast, you are probably going to lose. Focusing a zerker staff ele is one of the easiest builds to kill.

Also, staff ele wasn't really a viable build in HoT once all toughness+healing amulets were removed. It only worked when you could spam your sustain and effectively cc to stall out a point. With HoT, and even more with PoF, most of the dps builds have so much stab that all your ccs that setup damage and stall sustain are worthless. Wakey, one of the better eles, played it in a tourney with res trait and all and it was...not valuable for his team.

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:I meant add some aura onto GM trait. The blind is on 8s CD which is pretty unreliable in modern days and 2 stacks of might on skill use is...rather underwhelming.

I think we all miss the days when this was considered "broken" on a 5s cool down.

As for Pyromancer's Puissance I've used it in WvW, I mean it could be better when currently everyone and their mum is able to stack 25 might without trying....but I'd rather they nerf them than buff ele might stacking. Some investment into might duration can easily give you sustained 10 stacks of might or more.

@apharma.3741 said:

@"NICENIKESHOE.7128" said:I meant add some aura onto GM trait. The blind is on 8s CD which is pretty unreliable in modern days and 2 stacks of might on skill use is...rather underwhelming.

I think we all miss the days when this was considered "broken" on a 5s cool down.

As for Pyromancer's Puissance I've used it in WvW, I mean it could be better when currently everyone and their mum is able to stack 25 might without trying....but I'd rather they nerf them than buff ele might stacking. Some investment into might duration can easily give you sustained 10 stacks of might or more.

I accidentally ran Pyromancer's Puissance in a match once. With courage sigil, I constantly ended up with 25 might during every fight. I changed nothing about how I played; no might runes or anything. I still wouldn't ever take it over 2 more seconds of lava font and free fury.

Archived