CM title not enough, kitten do you want??!!! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

CM title not enough, kitten do you want??!!!

Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
edited November 20, 2018 in Fractals, Dungeons, and Raids

Ok, I get it, I may have bought a full CM run (like hell I'd ever do that, I'm not that rich) but c'mon, have a little trust! People buying title may be like 10% of those who have it!
I thought that when I got title i could finally get rid of KPs occupying 3 useless spaces in bank but instead there are people like this guy (https://imgur.com/a/fVBNER6) -.-
kitten, are we really forced to keep KPs to satisfy every group request? If so title is just useless and have no valor and I just wasted my time for nothing since I thought that after getting it, I could deposit KPs in guild, never ever needing them anyomore.
kitten, W5-6 are kitten in this regard, why can't people just ask for new LIs (Divinations) like Lis for old W1-4?! It would be much more simple for people. Now we're forced to keep tons of KPs slots in bank, increasing with every new raid release! -.-'

"Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

Comments

  • Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭

    Agreed, however I may just have been lucky but I must say that I never met a guy like the one in that screenshot, everytime I showed title it was fine for the commander.

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    The title from wing 6 is definitely not enough! Yesterday our static wasn't complete so we needed another player. Guess what: He had the title + few kp (not many!). He died at CJ, was responsible for the single wipe we had at Largos Twins (he died almost right after the start), didn't dodge any shockwave at all at Qadim resulting in him being down several times and finally died in the jumping puzzle. I don't have to mention that he was a dps player, had no specific role because we reluctantly put pugs on special mechanics in a guild run and was marginally better in dps than me who played bannerslave. We displaced him after w6 and went on with another player.
    I also know from a raid seller that the business is worth it because there are not only a few people buying cm kills to have kps/the cm stashes/a title for getting access into pug groups. For us it seemed that the pug from yesterday was such a player. And since we have strong farming maps like Istan, SW and a good amount of daily money via log in + t4-recs (fracs) the price to buy isn't that incredibly high. Just because you don't have that much gold doesn't mean there are many others that have. (Btw. a full clear is around liquid 50g)

    In my opinion the reaction of the commander is comprehensible because he wants to assure that his team gets players who can prove that they are competent and experienced with the bosses. A single CM title doesn't prove that.

  • Zaraki.5784Zaraki.5784 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2018

    @Vinceman.4572 said:
    The title from wing 6 is definitely not enough! Yesterday our static wasn't complete so we needed another player. Guess what: He had the title + few kp (not many!). He died at CJ, was responsible for the single wipe we had at Largos Twins (he died almost right after the start), didn't dodge any shockwave at all at Qadim resulting in him being down several times and finally died in the jumping puzzle. I don't have to mention that he was a dps player, had no specific role because we reluctantly put pugs on special mechanics in a guild run and was marginally better in dps than me who played bannerslave. We displaced him after w6 and went on with another player.
    I also know from a raid seller that the business is worth it because there are not only a few people buying cm kills to have kps/the cm stashes/a title for getting access into pug groups. For us it seemed that the pug from yesterday was such a player. And since we have strong farming maps like Istan, SW and a good amount of daily money via log in + t4-recs (fracs) the price to buy isn't that incredibly high. Just because you don't have that much gold doesn't mean there are many others that have. (Btw. a full clear is around liquid 50g)

    In my opinion the reaction of the commander is comprehensible because he wants to assure that his team gets players who can prove that they are competent and experienced with the bosses. A single CM title doesn't prove that.

    So title is useless, nice to hear that, I could've not spent hours of frustration @ qadim cm....
    P.s. 50g for a CM fullclear? Ahahahahah, it's more than 500MC the last time I checked.

    "Sticks and stones may break your bones but words will never be able to injure you!"
    The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

  • Having the title isn't useless, but neither will it satisfy all commanders. We all know people who are really good who faked KP to get into instances. And we know people who have decent amounts of KP but are no asset to the team (or are even liabilities). It's only proof of kills, not proof of competency and you can't really tell just by a ping.

    We also know commanders who ask for 14248234818 KP and aren't all that good themselves.

    Decide for yourself if you only want to raid with groups that think KP is a good way to gate PUGs. If there like @Vinceman.4572's group, you'll save time & heartache. But not every group that asks is going to be that good.

    "With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

  • The CMs in W6 are not that hard, and if you happen to struggle with one its not that expensive to buy either. Considering that even high kp/VitV(which is alot harder than CoZ) players are complete trash and cant do more than 1 thing(e.g. cant push on druid at SH, only heal), i understand this commander completely.

  • Play chrono., it's the magic class to get in all groups.

  • Zenith.7301Zenith.7301 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I just wish Anet stopped being so stupid about third party add on's and how impractical tey are to run and just offered at least a version of the WoW armory with player stats so I wouldn't have to pollute my inventory with a bunch of useless trophies.

  • Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    Well we are in a strange time for raids.

    Many PUG groups that ask for 250 LI are just terrible (and titles are not always an indicator of skill too). It basically comes down to this:

    • a ton of players who are unwilling to do anything beyond the absolute minimum. Say you ask, no beg, two of your dps to volunteer to do cannons on Sabetha, chances are high no one will raise his hand. Then once you appoint one they leave frustrated since the bannerslave would have been a way better pick.

    • no better at Sloth, same scenario only that you now need 4 dps and some even demand the druid or heal do a shroom

    • Deimos is basically an impossible task with PUG groups unless you get really lucky or are running with a few friends who cover all the required mechanics. I have stopped tanking Deimos for PUGs simply because I am unwilling to wait 30 minutes on a handkiter. Most successful groups are usually half guild groups filling up.

    • my absolute favorite are those who emulate (or let's say try to emulate) snowcrow tactics or behavior, only to end up dead or way under-performing since most high meta strats require exact compositions and perfect execution. Then blame the rest of the team for being bad. :o

    This goes on in many other areas too. Basically more and more of the experienced raiders are quitting (or running with friends, guilds, statics) and the PUG raid pool refreshes its self with incompetent plebs who know almost nothing of the fights besides having others do all the mechanics for them while tunneling a boss. Or I just got really unlucky lately. Not sure which raid guild I was running with, but they made all their players do all mechanics on each boss both as practice and understanding as well as for possible replacements or changes in the roster.

    I can fully understand commanders who want to secure their run against any type of problems in the current environment. Give it maybe 1-2 more months and I'll be as far as to demand Herald Title just to be sure people might have run more than just escort as dps (kinda joking but not really). :/

  • Malediktus.9250Malediktus.9250 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    I just post my killproof.me link in squad chat, works every time
    I do not save any guild hall decorations and put them into guild hall immediatly

    First person to reach 35,000 and 36,000 AP.
    killproof.me/proof/kEyr

  • Vinceman.4572Vinceman.4572 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Zaraki.5784 said:
    So title is useless, nice to hear that, I could've not spent hours of frustration @ qadim cm....

    The title can have value (and usage) for yourself but it's definitely not an objective indicator of skill or anything related. If the hours spent at Qadim are something special for you nobody will take it away from you but don't expect others to feel the same and - more important - they don't know you so they also don't know if you fought an epic battle or you were laying dead in the raid wing for a couple of minutes.

    P.s. 50g for a CM fullclear? Ahahahahah, it's more than 500MC the last time I checked.

    Read correctly: You make 50g a fullclear per week - not the buying! Taking into consideration that daily fractals are 25-30g and raiding isn't the best source for gold income (hello Istan, hello SW, hello TP) don't you think 600g (450 MC advertising I saw in the lfg of yesterday) are easily achievable for players that want to take the buyer route?

  • Talindra.4958Talindra.4958 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    I don't have kp either.. I deposit kp to gh each and every time .. so no kp for me. If com say no.. I'd say tough luck. Bye n gl

    Death is Energy [DIE] in EU
    Envoy's Herald, CoZ, VitV, DD, SS, The Eternal, LNHB, Champion Magus, Champion Phantom, Wondrous Achiever etc.

  • Henry.5713Henry.5713 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    Never bothered to save any "killproofs" nor will I ever do so. If the titles and 1600+ LI (and all of the other kitten I own) is not enough for pug commanders then that's their loss. Not that I pug often, though. There is always going to be someone who assumes you do not fit their requirements. Just move on.

    Nothing is particularly hard if you divide it into small jobs. Henry Ford

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    You missed the point. You can only trade in 168(?) divinations, however, if you have all of them (238) that means you didnt miss out on any wing 5/6 boss kill since wing6 came out. In this case decorations shouldnt matter at all, since divinations are the biggest possible proof.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • Susy.7529Susy.7529 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 21, 2018

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    Same goes for LI, you could have gotten them from escort, trio, MO or gorse pre-event, still they're well accepted as proof compared to Divinations.

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    You missed the point. You can only trade in 168(?) divinations, however, if you have all of them (238) that means you didnt miss out on any wing 5/6 boss kill since wing6 came out. In this case decorations shouldnt matter at all, since divinations are the biggest possible proof.

    But it's a short lived feat, there will be a point in future (not so far) where both you who did every boss and those who did just some of them will reach the cap of 250.

  • Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Susy.7529 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    Same goes for LI, you could have gotten them from escort, trio, MO or gorse pre-event, still they're well accepted as proof compared to Divinations.

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    You missed the point. You can only trade in 168(?) divinations, however, if you have all of them (238) that means you didnt miss out on any wing 5/6 boss kill since wing6 came out. In this case decorations shouldnt matter at all, since divinations are the biggest possible proof.

    But it's a short lived feat, there will be a point in future (not so far) where both you who did every boss and those who did just some of them will reach the cap of 250.

    along with decorations usualy.
    And you can link more then 250 li, 250, 249, 248 and so on.

  • Glider.5792Glider.5792 Member ✭✭✭

    @Susy.7529 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    Same goes for LI, you could have gotten them from escort, trio, MO or gorse pre-event, still they're well accepted as proof compared to Divinations.

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:

    @Glider.5792 said:

    @Linken.6345 said:
    On a side note the new divinations are worthless if you did 1 boss or 1 of the events in w5 before change.
    You can trade in li to get 164 or 168 divinations at any time.

    Not if you have all of them ;)

    As a matter of seeing skill in wing 6 they very much are since they could have gotten them all from w5 river or statues.

    You missed the point. You can only trade in 168(?) divinations, however, if you have all of them (238) that means you didnt miss out on any wing 5/6 boss kill since wing6 came out. In this case decorations shouldnt matter at all, since divinations are the biggest possible proof.

    But it's a short lived feat, there will be a point in future (not so far) where both you who did every boss and those who did just some of them will reach the cap of 250.

    Exactly what @Linken.6345 said. You can easily spam 250, 249, 248, x..... Or just post all of them in a quick session. This is what i do in fractal cms, i dont spam my kp, but just link 250,249,153 in under 1sec. There is no way to fake that.

    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeFWMeskOJhk8N-SvOFCJXA
    Fractal speed kills, raids, Black Lion Chest Openings, random.

  • Turin.6921Turin.6921 Member ✭✭✭

    @Cyninja.2954 said:
    Well we are in a strange time for raids.

    Many PUG groups that ask for 250 LI are just terrible (and titles are not always an indicator of skill too). It basically comes down to this:

    • a ton of players who are unwilling to do anything beyond the absolute minimum. Say you ask, no beg, two of your dps to volunteer to do cannons on Sabetha, chances are high no one will raise his hand. Then once you appoint one they leave frustrated since the bannerslave would have been a way better pick.

    • no better at Sloth, same scenario only that you now need 4 dps and some even demand the druid or heal do a shroom

    • Deimos is basically an impossible task with PUG groups unless you get really lucky or are running with a few friends who cover all the required mechanics. I have stopped tanking Deimos for PUGs simply because I am unwilling to wait 30 minutes on a handkiter. Most successful groups are usually half guild groups filling up.

    • my absolute favorite are those who emulate (or let's say try to emulate) snowcrow tactics or behavior, only to end up dead or way under-performing since most high meta strats require exact compositions and perfect execution. Then blame the rest of the team for being bad. :o

    This goes on in many other areas too. Basically more and more of the experienced raiders are quitting (or running with friends, guilds, statics) and the PUG raid pool refreshes its self with incompetent plebs who know almost nothing of the fights besides having others do all the mechanics for them while tunneling a boss. Or I just got really unlucky lately. Not sure which raid guild I was running with, but they made all their players do all mechanics on each boss both as practice and understanding as well as for possible replacements or changes in the roster.

    I can fully understand commanders who want to secure their run against any type of problems in the current environment. Give it maybe 1-2 more months and I'll be as far as to demand Herald Title just to be sure people might have run more than just escort as dps (kinda joking but not really). :/

    It is a bit of a natural progress though. If you have raided enough you want generally smoother runs. So you tend to try and find statics guilds etc. Also most of the training groups have their own lfg that many ppl use and keeps them away from the in-game lfg. You make things better maybe with more content delivery but in generally i am not sure this can be avoided.

  • Using guild decorations as "killproof" is something I hope gets deleted soon. I've never pinged one, and never will. Never gotten kicked for not doing so either though.

  • Draco.9480Draco.9480 Member ✭✭✭

    just store qadim and dhuum kp, cuz they're the only factor for raiding.

  • MrForz.1953MrForz.1953 Member ✭✭✭

    Man, this guy must have a great time raiding.

    Disgruntled Charr Engineer and Pirate - Jade Quarry

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.