Can we plz get rid of sick em and attack of opportunity?

Zero.3871

Soulbeast dmg buffs when melted with pet:

1.) Sick em gives 40 % dmg increase for EVERY skill you use for 10 seconds.2.) attack of opportunity by GS2: gives you 25 % dmg on the next attack. you can get this buff by using GS2 (4 sec cd).

both dmg multiplicators due to absurd dmg Spikes of rangers that are beyond everything that EVER existed in the game. e.g. 10k+ AA on LB for 10 seconds. both dmg multiplicators were introduced to the game as dmg modifiers for PETS. not for the ranger himself.

and i am tired of trying to dodge a "burst skill" that is in fact an AA from LB or getting nuked with 30k+ dmg from a skill that has 4 sec cd. its on the same broken Level like condi Mirage.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think it's on same level although the damage can be high and on a short cd. They are highly telegraphed or at least predictable in rotation although I will say DE's are easier to deal with (for me) than a boonbeast version due to sustain but they are not impossible to kill. Outside of boonbuilds this is pretty much a one trick pony built for dmg.

Alright...line in the fucking sand. ANet, you seem to be listening to whiny millennials more & more & changing the game mechanics to appease their peenging. Please stop. You've screwed the game up giving farmers more & more easy rewards, leading to the pitiful blob culture we currently suffer through. You've nerfed stealth so much to pacify deadeye haters that scouting on my thief has become pointless. You've nerfed defensive siege so much..that blah blah blah. Honestly, do you have so little faith in your ability to deliver a fun, balanced game mode? Have some courage. These guys are not worth your time so please, please stop pandering to them. I mean, Rangers now. FFS. What next? My pitiful staff ele?

@gitflap.9031 said:Alright...line in the kitten sand. ANet, you seem to be listening to whiny millennials more & more & changing the game mechanics to appease their peenging. Please stop. You've screwed the game up giving farmers more & more easy rewards, leading to the pitiful blob culture we currently suffer through. You've nerfed stealth so much to pacify deadeye haters that scouting on my thief has become pointless. You've nerfed defensive siege so much..that blah blah blah. Honestly, do you have so little faith in your ability to deliver a fun, balanced game mode? Have some courage. These guys are not worth your time so please, please stop pandering to them. I mean, Rangers now. kitten. What next? My pitiful staff ele?

For a second I was like "this guy is telling the truth". Then I lost you when you said "You've nerfed defensive siege so much..that blah blah blah." You lost all your credibility in your post. A player that supports stronger defensive siege is the worst thing I can ever hear! What the hell are you talking about? P.S. You are complaining that Anet is the reason behind people blobbing….. Sir, stronger defensive siege is the effin MAJOR factor making people to blob.... seriously dude, what the heck are you talking about:??!!

Now it is my turn to turn the table on you: Anet, please don't listen to opinions like @gitflap.9031 supporting stronger defensive siege!!

@"Zero.3871" said:Soulbeast dmg buffs when melted with pet:

1.) Sick em gives 40 % dmg increase for EVERY skill you use for 10 seconds.2.) attack of opportunity by GS2: gives you 25 % dmg on the next attack. you can get this buff by using GS2 (4 sec cd).

both dmg multiplicators due to absurd dmg Spikes of rangers that are beyond everything that EVER existed in the game. e.g. 10k+ AA on LB for 10 seconds. both dmg multiplicators were introduced to the game as dmg modifiers for PETS. not for the ranger himself.

and i am tired of trying to dodge a "burst skill" that is in fact an AA from LB or getting nuked with 30k+ dmg from a skill that has 4 sec cd. its on the same broken Level like condi Mirage.

Hahahahaha .... this is my only reaction for your saying ...First of all in sPVP and WvW Sick ' EM! doesn't give 40% damage, mostly 25%, it was tested already.Second : A ranger who can do that damage you talked about, 30k is definitely Zerk one. This means if you manage to dodge him he will be eaten in a second too.The difference between Soulbeas zerk and Mesmer or Deadeye zerk is that Mesmer and Thief can just vanish/run away easily and Ranger can't. Ranger doesn't have so many dodges and blocks like Thief and Mesmer ...And third ... Sick ' EM! it is so OP, that no Top ranger from sPVP or WvW is using it ... It is not strange?Ofc, when some good ranger want some fun, and he is near a gate of his tower, or in a good party, he can use zerk/one shot kill build (even it is not one shot like the one of mesmer of thief), but this is rare, instead you can see on every map of WvW and in sPVP a lots of One Shot thief and mesmer.

@"Zero.3871" said:e.g. 10k+ AA on LB for 10 seconds. both dmg multiplicators were introduced to the game as dmg modifiers for PETS. not for the ranger himself.and i am tired of trying to dodge a "burst skill" that is in fact an AA from LB or getting nuked with 30k+ dmg from a skill that has 4 sec cd.

These numbers (30k+ maul and 10k+ AA lb) don't happen for every soulbeast that uses the two skills you're complaining about. To get those numbers, a soulbeast runs MM/BM, stacking the dmg modifiers from MM. An overhaul of MM is something Anet should do at some point. Its minors are trash; soulbeasts run it for Remorseless and Moment of Clarity. One simple change Anet could do to curtail the dmg modifiers without hurting core ranger would be making it so MoC's 50% doesn't stack with the 25% from the soulbeast version of Maul. As the traits/skills work now, there's 25% from Attack of Opportunity (Maul), 25% from Remorseless, 40% from soulbeast's Sic 'Em, and 50% from MoC, adding up to 140% for an attack.

I personally think too that these thibgs beed to change. Not because i want to pull low numbers on ranger but rather that i think the modifiers are boring and they cripple skill design in certain aspects.Best example is Whirlibg defense. It hits like nothing else in the game just due to the modifiers although warrior has the higher dmg modifier on Whirlibg Axe.And thats also why WD stays as immobile and static as is.Attack of opportunity should be more prominent in ranger but rather a rolling thunder thibg instead of burst IMO to improve dmg in the long run but prevent the huge burst.Siccem should just work differently. AoE reveal, quickness to pet and allies (i know quickness bug needs a fix) low CD and maybe the abbility to proc a lesser version via traits.This would give more consistency and less bursty but still would give opportunity for higher dmg output and utility.

Are you looking tone down damage modifiers and output on all professions? Or is this just limited to ranger, and your honorable mention of mesmer?

Nerf everything we are almost out of 2018 to make this the year of nerfage. What we really need to nerf though is that endure pain it needs to be nerfed by making it active with no duration as long as you are marked. That will surely make them warriors afraid to come get marked for sure.

@Dragonzhunter.8506 said:

both dmg multiplicators due to absurd dmg Spikes of rangers that are beyond everything that EVER existed in the game. e.g. 10k+ AA on LB for 10 seconds. both dmg multiplicators were introduced to the game as dmg modifiers for
PETS
. not for the ranger himself.

Hahahahaha .... this is my only reaction for your saying ...First of all in sPVP and WvW Sick ' EM! doesn't give 40% damage, mostly 25%, it was tested already.Second : A ranger who can do that damage you talked about, 30k is definitely Zerk one. This means if you manage to dodge him he will be eaten in a second too.The difference between Soulbeas zerk and Mesmer or Deadeye zerk is that Mesmer and Thief can just vanish/run away easily and Ranger can't. Ranger doesn't have so many dodges and blocks like Thief and Mesmer ...And third ... Sick ' EM! it is so OP, that no Top ranger from sPVP or WvW is using it ... It is not strange?Ofc, when some good ranger want some fun, and he is near a gate of his tower, or in a good party, he can use zerk/one shot kill build (even it is not one shot like the one of mesmer of thief), but this is rare, instead you can see on every map of WvW and in sPVP a lots of One Shot thief and mesmer.

the Problem is the high access to that 2 dmg modifiers. you say i should just "dodge" that. but what exactly should i dodge? with sick em nearly every skill becomes a massive burst for 10 sec Duration. its not just dodging 1 specific skill, you cant dodge 15 times in a row.

same with GS2. this skill also grant his attack of opportunity when NOT successfully hit the enemy. you can cast it, push your Opponent and 4 sec later use GS2 WITH Bonus dmg. and if he dodge this, no problem, 4 seconds later you have the next try. in the first 8 seconds of a fight rangers can use it 3 times. i can only dodge 2 times. and while sick em is also up i cannot only dodge gs2 i have to dodge every attack of him to not insta die.

you can also Play a more defensive build that can take a lot of dmg while using this dmg modifiers to hit with 15k instead of 30k. its still too much dmg gain from 1 skill.

why do you necro roamers insist on everyone beeing as bad at solo roaming as you are? considering that most players are involved in group/zergfights one would think we would see as many threads to bring down necro/guard efficiency to ranger/thief level in that regard. but we dont as people either dont care or simply log on to something that is good at larger scale fights. but you necro solo roamers are very persistent.you turning protection into vuln has a greater effect than sic em at a lower cost as you can use your weapon skills for it instead of a utility. sic em is fine.if he remains on GS to do it every other second, then he is in melee with slow skills. you should be able to interrupt or put some pressure on him. not just dodge.

Lower skilled players will always complain about high damage bursts. Remember when ppl in PvP forums complained about PP Thief on daily basis? It wasn't even funny anymore. Also stop comparing a one trick pony build to condi mesmer.

Honestly I'm onboard with nerfing Sick em so people would just stop calling it op. They could nerf the damage portion or add drawbacks like the Warrior skill Frenzy used to have ages ago. Also - you don't need Sick em to oneshot people (at least in WvW).

@MUDse.7623 said:why do you necro roamers insist on everyone beeing as bad at solo roaming as you are? considering that most players are involved in group/zergfights one would think we would see as many threads to bring down necro/guard efficiency to ranger/thief level in that regard. but we dont as people either dont care or simply log on to something that is good at larger scale fights. but you necro solo roamers are very persistent.you turning protection into vuln has a greater effect than sic em at a lower cost as you can use your weapon skills for it instead of a utility. sic em is fine.if he remains on GS to do it every other second, then he is in melee with slow skills. you should be able to interrupt or put some pressure on him. not just dodge.

you are obviously missing the Point of the Topic. it has Nothing to do with bad /good/or other Things that seems to make you salty.it is, it was, and it will ever be a Question of counterplay. this game had an Evolution of balancing over the past 6 years where for a long time Things only get buffed (never nerfed). and with pof this got even worse. the current meta relies on abusing max 2 Buttons on nearly every build to one shot everything. for some People like you Maybe this is fun because you can simply Group with other and oneshotting single Targets in 5 vs 1 or playing a heavy mobile/Stealth class to oneshot and retreat all the time. no skillrotation->noskill.

oneshoots are still unhealthy for a game because it doesnt rely on skill. and like i already said @MUDse.7623 , you can dodge it one, or twice but when the one shoot is on a way lower cooldown than your defense than its just a Question of time until he hits you. and it doesnt Need more than ~10 seconds. while ranger can still use several invuls/blocks/evade Frames to stay alive long enough. Maybe to use that skill they loose 3-4k dmg on their hits but there is no difference between getting hit by 33 K dmg or getting hit by 29k dmg.

i just want a game where People have to Play a skillrotation to win fights. and not just ganking with those oneshot builds for 30k+ hits by pressing 2 buttons against a target that already used dodges to evade other oneshot skills.

@Zero.3871 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:why do you necro roamers insist on everyone beeing as bad at solo roaming as you are? considering that most players are involved in group/zergfights one would think we would see as many threads to bring down necro/guard efficiency to ranger/thief level in that regard. but we dont as people either dont care or simply log on to something that is good at larger scale fights. but you necro solo roamers are very persistent.you turning protection into vuln has a greater effect than sic em at a lower cost as you can use your weapon skills for it instead of a utility. sic em is fine.if he remains on GS to do it every other second, then he is in melee with slow skills. you should be able to interrupt or put some pressure on him. not just dodge.

you are obviously missing the Point of the Topic. it has Nothing to do with bad /good/or other Things that seems to make you salty.it is, it was, and it will ever be a Question of counterplay. this game had an Evolution of balancing over the past 6 years where for a long time Things only get buffed (never nerfed). and with pof this got even worse. the current meta relies on abusing max 2 Buttons on nearly every build to one shot everything. for some People like you Maybe this is fun because you can simply Group with other and oneshotting single Targets in 5 vs 1 or playing a heavy mobile/Stealth class to oneshot and retreat all the time. no skillrotation->noskill.

oneshoots are still unhealthy for a game because it doesnt rely on skill. and like i already said @MUDse.7623 , you can dodge it one, or twice but when the one shoot is on a way lower cooldown than your defense than its just a Question of time until he hits you. and it doesnt Need more than ~10 seconds. while ranger can still use several invuls/blocks/evade Frames to stay alive long enough. Maybe to use that skill they loose 3-4k dmg on their hits but there is no difference between getting hit by 33 K dmg or getting hit by 29k dmg.

i just want a game where People have to Play a skillrotation to win fights. and not just ganking with those oneshot builds for 30k+ hits by pressing 2 buttons against a target that already used dodges to evade other oneshot skills.

WvW, like spvp is not about balanced or fair encounters. infact the 'skill' in those modes comes from tactically rotating to create unfair fights. in conquest it works sort of but WvW has a huge underlying issue that is destroying every competitve aspect of it and thats the population inbalance. but you allways have to balance a game to its design, WvW with all the structures to capture, the wide open areas and the mass of people is just not designed for 1 vs 1 fair combat. expecting fair combat and facing what we have can indeed be recieved as unhealthy

i think what you seek is more of an arena death match mode, wich would indeed require a different balance. in such a mode i wouldnt want people to use a skill rotation as a rotation does not need any thought. a huge issue IMO is our sustain that forces us to burst the opponent down. if we had less heal for example but more hp instead, then we would slowly go down, right now you often can fully recover from your mistakes if they dont kill you on many professions, instead of recoverying on kill or out of combat.

my main issue with your and my other peoples nerf threads is that they do not ask for balancing the mode, but to balance a specific encounter without questioning wether this encounter as such is not already a misplay. therefor it reads to me like 'i dont want to be punished for my mistakes' in many cases. you may ask to 'change' something for it being unfun, but that should then not affect the balance, meaning dont ask for a nerf but a design change, for wich you would actually need to propose how you would enjoy it more, while allways remembering without changing the balance.

If you're complaining that you don't have enough dodges/active defenses to avoid the ranged burst, you really shouldn't be roaming on necro.

It's common knowledge that necro is one of the worst roaming classes. They are also hard-countered by most longbow ranger builds in WvW.

Other classes have enough ways to mitigate the burst rotation with Sic Em. And no, don't exaggerate. It is impossible to have 10k auto attacks for 10 seconds.

Also, you're complaining about a gimmick build that has around 4 seconds of unblockable. If you want to avoid the burst completely, dodge twice, swap weapons with energy sigils, dodge again, then place Corrosive Poison Cloud down for base 8 seconds of complete projectile denial. Then, you can decide if you want to fight the ranger or leave. Of course, since he's running full glass, he's also easy to kill unless he just runs away.

@Zero.3871 said:

@Zero.3871 said:Soulbeast dmg buffs when melted with pet:

both dmg multiplicators due to absurd dmg Spikes of rangers that are beyond everything that EVER existed in the game. e.g. 10k+ AA on LB for 10 seconds. both dmg multiplicators were introduced to the game as dmg modifiers for
PETS
. not for the ranger himself.

the Problem is the high access to that 2 dmg modifiers. you say i should just "dodge" that. but what exactly should i dodge? with sick em
nearly every skill becomes a massive burst for 10 sec Duration
. its not just dodging 1 specific skill, you cant dodge 15 times in a row.

same with GS2. this skill also grant his attack of opportunity when NOT successfully hit the enemy. you can cast it, push your Opponent and 4 sec later use GS2 WITH Bonus dmg. and if he dodge this, no problem, 4 seconds later you have the next try. in the first 8 seconds of a fight rangers can use it 3 times. i can only dodge 2 times. and while sick em is also up i cannot only dodge gs2 i have to dodge every attack of him to not insta die.

you can also
Play a more defensive build
that can take a lot of dmg while using this dmg modifiers to hit with 15k instead of 30k. its still too much dmg gain from 1 skill.No, you can't. MM is trash for defense (it has only the passive Signet of Stone at 50% health). Using more defensive gear in a BM/MM build doesn't work because such a build needs its target to die fast. More toughness/vitality won't add enough defense to warrant letting a fight go longer. A more typical build (BM/WS) might see 15k mauls with Sic 'Em if it builds glassy enough with its gear.

But it goes without saying that you should do something to avoid/mitigate damage when within melee range of a soulbeast using greatsword while Sic 'Em is active. Protection alone cuts through most if not all of the damage mods gained by Sic 'Em or Attack of Opportunity and ranger has no native boon rip or corruption.

@shadowpass.4236 said:If you're complaining that you don't have enough dodges/active defenses to avoid the ranged burst, you really shouldn't be roaming on necro.

It's common knowledge that necro is one of the worst roaming classes. They are also hard-countered by most longbow ranger builds in WvW.

Other classes have enough ways to mitigate the burst rotation with Sic Em. And no, don't exaggerate. It is impossible to have 10k auto attacks for 10 seconds.

Also, you're complaining about a gimmick build that has around 4 seconds of unblockable. If you want to avoid the burst completely, dodge twice, swap weapons with energy sigils, dodge again, then place Corrosive Poison Cloud down for base 8 seconds of complete projectile denial. Then, you can decide if you want to fight the ranger or leave. Of course, since he's running full glass, he's also easy to kill unless he just runs away.

Very well said!

Archived