What WvW content is locked behind Heart of Thorns?

KittyRiv.5291

I am wondering what content is not available in WvW without owning the heart of thorns expansion. Of items that I am aware of:

No accesses to create legendary armor.No access to auto loot.No access to sigils or runes for notoriety of heroics.No access to Heart of thorns specific reward tracks.No access to Portable Provisioner.No access to Taverns buffs in guild hall (WvW specific or otherwise).No access to battle arena in guild hall (not WvW specific but cannot scrim friends with "WvW builds and gear" instead of PvP which can be very different).Cannot use shield generators.Cannot glide.

I am looking at getting one of the expansion (only one so don't suggest both) and I will only be in WvW so I don't care about ANY other content. I realize that PoF has far more builds available and strictly from a builds standpoint it would be easier to say PoF is better than HoT but I can make do to come up with builds I am happy with outside of the meta. Out of the items mentioned above, or any that other people can add, are any of the restriction lifted with either expansion purchase? I guess the most important ones would be gliding, legendary armor, and auto loot.

@"KittyRiv.5291" said:I am wondering what content is not available in WvW without owning the heart of thorns expansion. Of items that I am aware of:

No accesses to create legendary armor.No access to auto loot.No access to sigils or runes for notoriety of heroics.No access to Heart of thorns specific reward tracks.No access to Portable Provisioner.No access to Taverns buffs in guild hall (WvW specific or otherwise).No access to battle arena in guild hall (not WvW specific but cannot scrim friends with "WvW builds and gear" instead of PvP which can be very different).Cannot use shield generators.Cannot glide.

I am looking at getting one of the expansion (only one so don't suggest both) and I will only be in WvW so I don't care about ANY other content. I realize that PoF has far more builds available and strictly from a builds standpoint it would be easier to say PoF is better than HoT but I can make do to come up with builds I am happy with outside of the meta. Out of the items mentioned above, or any that other people can add, are any of the restriction lifted with either expansion purchase? I guess the most important ones would be gliding, legendary armor, and auto loot.

All the above is only available to HoT with exception to wvw armor [asc/legendary] and also the legendary back. With pof you are basically same as a core user in respect to the above. If you want pof and the above stuff, you will need to purchase hot as well.I know this because I had a core account before I got the expacs, and also a pure pof account, so I saw a lot of the stuff not available to core and pof players.

Aren't gliding and shield gen operation locked behind HOT ownership as well? I think both were at one time, but maybe it changed, I can't remember.

Elite specilizations are a matter of opinion, there are viable and fun options on both fronts, but the nature of the mob catching you unprepared will still leave you dead regardless of what you're running.

In terms of gear options, I still think HOT and its LS's brought the best, most diverse options. However, I'd still look into a bundle/sale option so you're not limited.

@"KittyRiv.5291" said:I am wondering what content is not available in WvW without owning the heart of thorns expansion. Of items that I am aware of:

Well... WvW on HoT elite spec sucks I heard. And the best part comes that PoF spec mostly feel good in HoT statsRestriction won't be lifted if you get PoF only, not sure of WvW legendary armor but PvP one is locked on HoT onlySo I can't advise wich expac you might benefit more.

You need PoF to play the current meta specs, mounts may come to wvw eventually like gliding did.You need HoT for auto loot, gliding and guild buffs which makes life easier in wvw, several specs are still used such as chrono daredevil reaper etc.Choose whatever is more important to you, more importantly find the spec you want to play because what fun is it not playing the class/spec you love the most.

@phs.6089 said:

@"Joshhh.2076" said:You also need HoT to unlock Revenant. And Herald and Chronomancer are both HoT specs so you're not completely excluded from the meta.

Rev is unlocked by PoF as well, Rene that is.

Yup, with hot you get herald, and pof you get renegade. Only core game does not include revenant itself from what I remember when I still had a core account. Maybe they include "core rev" now with the base game? no idea but it wasn't around at the time I started.

Archived