balance patch before the 2vs2 anet tournament?

alejandro.2093

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:are we going to have a balance patch before the said tournament?

because if we don't, there are absurd duo combos that will not die and can burst at the same time.

That's the point.

When the tourney goes live, we will have piles and piles of data on Mirage/Mirage, Scourge/Scourge, FB/FB, Scourge/FB, Holo/Holo, and the variants.

Lets just hope they make the right choices with that data and dont invalidate specs while they tweak the ones with no presence.

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

@"Oldgrimm.8521" said:are we going to have a balance patch before the said tournament?

because if we don't, there are absurd duo combos that will not die and can burst at the same time.

That's the point.

When the tourney goes live, we will have piles and piles of data on Mirage/Mirage, Scourge/Scourge, FB/FB, Scourge/FB, Holo/Holo, and the variants.

Lets just hope they make the right choices with that data and dont invalidate specs while they tweak the ones with no presence.

true, i like your post and i hope that this will give devs the data that they need in order to balance the game,

but then again, i have lost any kind of balancing coming from ANet

@Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

That's the point.

They will obviously nerf Renegade with that data

@Gamble.4580 said:Rev eng combo will be the strongest

I'm probably biased but I think soulbeast and holo might be the stronger comp.

both have high cc, damage, crazy boonuptime, evade frames, stealth and decent sustain.

I think revenant might fall behind because lack of sustain. oh and soulbeast hard counters revenant too..

Bro they can't balance what they have now let alone another game mode. One of the reasons 2vs2 wont be added to rank or even unranked is because they can't balance what they have now. The other reason is it will pull away from their already hemorrhaging conquest mode.

This tournament it just to appease people for a little bit. It's all good though as long as you keep buying gems.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Bro they can't balance what they have now let alone another game mode. One of the reasons 2vs2 wont be added to rank or even unranked is because they can't balance what they have now. The other reason is it will pull away from their already hemorrhaging conquest mode.

This tournament it just to appease people for a little bit. It's all good though as long as you keep buying gems.

the balance between classes isn't all that bad. far from perfect, but not something I'd complain about all the time. imo there are only a few minor things and some QoL things too.

mirage is only slightly too strong but not much and it has weaknesses. older specs are weaker, that is true and should be addressed.

and I wish meta didn't have so many aoe / bunker builds. which is exactly why 2v2 is great. you can't win if your build is about holding 1 node.

@Shadow Order.7258 said:Bro they can't balance what they have now let alone another game mode. One of the reasons 2vs2 wont be added to rank or even unranked is because they can't balance what they have now. The other reason is it will pull away from their already hemorrhaging conquest mode.

only a select few are worried about balancing, I think most of us just want these things for something new and refreshing and fun... Atleast this is the reason why I want TDM, pure fun and carnage.

But yea could totally understand how something fun could drain the life force out of conquest... Stale game mode, of course it's going to lose players if something more interesting or fun comes out...

I like the suggestions Ive seen from some users, make the stronghold button a rotating queue mode... 1 weeks its stronghold, next TDM, next 2v2, next 8v8 conquest and recycle the cycle.

Archived