ANET PLEASE NERF NECROS AND INSTA REVIVES !!!

Prime Greek.1092

SPVP has become unbearable when we have Necros all over the place that just insta revive after they been downed.IMO if your downed = your dead and stay dead !Unless one your benevolent team mates revives you.The only class you see now is Necros running around that wont die !

I have been in too many games lately when the moment people see Necros they just stop contributing to the game and stay off the playing field.

Their attitude "I will get the ticks towards the chest anyway and wont have to deal with this mess...."

This is not good for SPVP and not good for gameplay.

Please fix !

Thank you.

The revive speed needs to be lower, and displacing the bodies for free to interrupt every stomp has to go. If you want to have a revive trait, at least make the necro put himself in position and anticipate his team-mate going down. Even when you know it is coming, there isn't really an effective counter because of how powerful the revive is and how it prevents stomping/cleaving effectively.

@"Prime Greek.1092" said:SPVP has become unbearable when we have Necros all over the place that just insta revive after they been downed.IMO if your downed = your dead and stay dead !Unless one your benevolent team mates revives you.The only class you see now is Necros running around that wont die !

I have been in too many games lately when the moment people see Necros they just stop contributing to the game and stay off the playing field.

Their attitude "I will get the ticks towards the chest anyway and wont have to deal with this mess...."

Please fix !

Thank you.

They already nerfed it. Learn to remove stab and interrupt. You seem like a newbie. And no, spvp is not unbearable because opponents revive faster. Its because your 1shot super omega high damage builds have some counter and youre not liking it. Again, learn to play the mechanics of the game and stop calling for nerfs.

@XECOR.2814 said:

@"Prime Greek.1092" said:SPVP has become unbearable when we have Necros all over the place that just insta revive after they been downed.IMO if your downed = your dead and stay dead !Unless one your benevolent team mates revives you.The only class you see now is Necros running around that wont die !

Please fix !

Thank you.

Also ranger can self rez with pet while interrupting enemies not necro. Learn the game better before asking for nerfs in all caps.

@Crinn.7864 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Wait.I think this not about blood rez.

„ necros insta revive after they are downed“

Do you mean Necro downstate auto is OP?

Im confused.

No he means a Firebrand used Signet of Mercy. The OP just hasn't figured it out yet.

I thin he means necro, as the trait is still pretty much an instant revive. Is everyone so literal?

I believe he means whatever that revive is on shroud 4 where the downed is teleported to the necro and revived at a quick rate. If this is what they mean, then yes that trait shouldn't even exist, and nor should the mercy runes.

There just needs to be a new rune set, called the rune of anti-reviving or something. The 6th bonus on the rune instantly kills anyone on hit. No downstate, just instantly dead.

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:All jokes aside revive speed is rather cancerous right now. The only option to secure downs is to cleave the body because stomping is too slow. If we ever want to tone down the burst meta then revives will need to be adjusted as well.

Even cleaving with the top dps specs gets outhealed by revive speed, it's a pretty dumb mechanic.I know downstate plays a good role in pvp for bleeding enemies or because if you are downed on cap you can prevent the cap or cap or decap a node, but a downed revived through 2 guys cleaving him it's just cancer.

They should remove all the revive speed traits, maybe leaving them only to scrapper and range(only if traited), one have gyro and one have the pet so that counts as 2 people ressing one guy, but all the others should have normal ress speed, and even that should be nerfed.

This way the gamemode becomes more healthy and even new players can learn fast to play and use cleave correctly.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:I believe he means whatever that revive is on shroud 4 where the downed is teleported to the necro and revived at a quick rate. If this is what they mean, then yes that trait shouldn't even exist, and nor should the mercy runes.

Mercy Runes don't exist in sPvP. Blood rezzing has already been nerfed. If it gets nerfed anymore it will completely destroy the utility value of blood magic for non-scourge builds.

@BlackBeard.2873 said:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Wait.I think this not about blood rez.

„ necros insta revive after they are downed“

Do you mean Necro downstate auto is OP?

Im confused.

No he means a Firebrand used Signet of Mercy. The OP just hasn't figured it out yet.

I thin he means necro, as the trait is still pretty much an instant revive. Is everyone so literal?

It's not as fast as you think. A Standard (no traits) revive is 15% per second. A traited necro revive is +6% assuming the necro has both transfusion and well of blood up.

The reason that I know that he is really whining about Firebrand revives is that he mentions

Necros all over the place that just insta revive after they been downed.

A Necro cannot self transfusion rez as even if the necro precasts transfusion as he dies, the transfusion is not even remotely strong enough to bring the necro out of downstate. What the OP is seeing is a Firebrand SoM rez, the OP just doesn't realize that it's the Firebrand because SoM doesn't apply a VFX to the down person being revived, which makes it impossible for players that aren't familiar with SoM to understand what happened. He also talks about impossible to kill necros which is more supporting evidence for a Firebrand.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:All jokes aside revive speed is rather cancerous right now. The only option to secure downs is to cleave the body because stomping is too slow. If we ever want to tone down the burst meta then revives will need to be adjusted as well.

Even cleaving with the top dps specs gets outhealed by revive speed, it's a pretty dumb mechanic.I know downstate plays a good role in pvp for bleeding enemies or because if you are downed on cap you can prevent the cap or cap or decap a node, but a downed revived through 2 guys cleaving him it's just cancer.

They should remove all the revive speed traits, maybe leaving them only to scrapper and range(only if traited), one have gyro and one have the pet so that counts as 2 people ressing one guy, but all the others should have normal ress speed, and even that should be nerfed.

This way the gamemode becomes more healthy and even new players can learn fast to play and use cleave correctly.

Ive gotten insta gibbed in downstate by a wordly impact as a necro with paladin's. Burst meta is pretty cancerous too. The way I see it, you cant tone one down without the other.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@otto.5684 said:While the OP is all over the place, instant revive skills, like signet of mercy should be removed from the game.

Agreed. Crazy how hard some revive skills carry

Aye especially spirit ranger... Not really but getting 7 rezzes in a game and self rezzing myself was good fun, got called a hacker because no one seems to know the rez effects the player too if you can time it right.

I know what it is when you use the quickness trait while in shroud as a reaper it grants that quickness. This happens in pve all the time if I get downed that is the quickness with the #1 skill is so fast that you just heal yourself out of downed state is what is happening. Also makes good for farming lake doric solo since if they down you just get back up easily.

@Klypto.1703 said:I know what it is when you use the quickness trait while in shroud as a reaper it grants that quickness. This happens in pve all the time if I get downed that is the quickness with the #1 skill is so fast that you just heal yourself out of downed state is what is happening. Also makes good for farming lake doric solo since if they down you just get back up easily.

PVE also has access to the Spectral Aid mastery so I don't think that's it.

today played a game. 2 enemies were down on point, me and 1 guy are cleaving. enemy scourge shows up, uses teleport revive thingy and both of them get ressed in like 2 seconds while scourge does fear and boon rip... that sucked.

the trait wouldn't be so bad if it was only one or the other. either revive speed or teleport..

@Zex Anthon.8673 said:

Ive gotten insta gibbed in downstate by a wordly impact as a necro with paladin's. Burst meta is pretty cancerous too. The way I see it, you cant tone one down without the other.

Instagib by a full zerk soulbeast is a troll build.

You talk of burst meta and play reaper (necro with paladin) which is one of the major spamming burst skills in the meta who can melt enemies in 2 seconds in a team fight.

I doubt you are legendary or platinum rank, those kind of things happens from bronze to mid gold elo, if you step up to plat they start to become less viable, because people is not dumb.

I am not saying you are dumb of course, but if you and your team mates are pretty skilled players, no way that soulbeast can keep oneshotting people the whole match. Maybe he caught you once because not expecting it, but not the whole match, and if focused he dies in 2 seconds.

You can't have a meta not burst or how in the world to you deal with scourges paired with firebrands? Or how you deal with holos and boonbeasts?They have crazy sustain, and only burst dps kills them before they kill you.

@"XECOR.2814" said:Yes please nerf necro because of noobs who dont want to learn to play against certain classes and teamfights while not knowing which skills have what effect.

"A necro insta revives so he must be op, pls nerf."

Close this ignorant thread.

Doesn't matter what class it is as long as its something they can cry about to get it nerfed because they've seen they can get their way now.

Instant cave ins to their tears.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Instagib by a full zerk soulbeast is a troll build.

You talk of burst meta and play reaper (necro with paladin) which is one of the major spamming burst skills in the meta who can melt enemies in 2 seconds in a team fight.

I doubt you are legendary or platinum rank, those kind of things happens from bronze to mid gold elo, if you step up to plat they start to become less viable, because people is not dumb.

I am not saying you are dumb of course, but if you and your team mates are pretty skilled players, no way that soulbeast can keep oneshotting people the whole match. Maybe he caught you once because not expecting it, but not the whole match, and if focused he dies in 2 seconds.

I'm upper plat 1, but i'm definitely feeling the downsides of necro. Burst meta is very real. I was talking about being insta gibbed while already in down state. If I was playing the burst meta I would have been running demolisher's with reaper's onslaught. But, I like Blighter's Boons too much.

@whoknocks.4935 said:You can't have a meta not burst or how in the world to you deal with scourges paired with firebrands? Or how you deal with holos and boonbeasts?They have crazy sustain, and only burst dps kills them before they kill you.

This is why burst dps cannot be nerfed without also nerfing revive (of sustain for that matter). If Anet decided to nerf only the burst dps , we would see a bunker meta. Games would last forever.

Archived