What is this armor? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

What is this armor?

Can someone help identify the armor from this loading screen: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/1/14/Timberline_Falls_loading_screen.jpg

It's not Norn cultural armor from what I can tell, but is it even available in game? Sadly I'm sure the bardiche isn't...

Comments

• it’s called concept art armor... kidding, looks like a female outfit of some kind.. heavy armour has some weird furry skirt

• Batel.9206Batel.9206 Member ✭✭✭

Sadly, I don't think it is available in-game. You can get somewhat close to it with tier 3 medium norn armor...almost. The armor on the loading screen seems to match the male version of the Wolf armor more than the female. Heavy draconic armor might also work. There's also the female version of the Ironclad outfit.

But none of those match exactly with the awesome concept art, unfortunately. :(

fear not this night
    you will not go astray

• StinVec.3621StinVec.3621 Member ✭✭✭✭

To me the human female tier 2 cultural armor could be a good option for the chest. I think it looks very much like it, though the character would of course need to be a human female to wear it.

WOW - Done with forums for good now! - Someone creates a thread about Pharus's light on crit effect asking if it is a bug - I get warned for being "off topic" for commenting how to use the search and pointing out threads discussing Pharus and it being an intended effect... Goodbye all. Happy gaming.

• Danikat.8537Danikat.8537 Member ✭✭✭✭

The weapon doesn't exist either, it looks like a polearm of some kind.

I suspect this is either very early concept art from when things like 'themes' for armour and which weapons would be in the game hadn't been decided, or the artist wasn't thinking about that when drawing since it's mainly a landscape piece.

"You can run like a river, Till you end up in the sea,
    And you run till night is black, And keep on going in your dreams,
    And you know all the long while, It's the journey that you seek,
    It's the miles of moving forward, With the wind beneath your wings."

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.