what runes do holosmiths use after patch?

bigo.9037

Leadership is still the go to rune for holosmith in PvP. Some runes have been made better with the changes, while others have received minor changes that didn't really change the rune, at least not in a noticeable way.

Leadership used to have 15% boon duration on the sixth effect with 2 conditions converted into boons when using an elite skill even on allies, but now it has a 10% boon duration on the sixth effect with 3 conditions converted into boons when using an elite skill on allies.

I don't realize what is the best. I see advantages in many runes. I'm a WvW player most and I think a few possibilities for Eng.1) Durability still very good, the loss of vitality was compensated, good defensive;2) Antitoxin is excelent for cond removal, but is cond oriented;3) Sanctuary have many comments of their use in WvW like an ultimate tank rune for zerk players, not tested yet;4) Defender, one time you can have lots of block (Static Shield, Photon Wall and Gear Shield) this could be a good option, but is healing/tough oriented, not tested yet;5) Leadership sounds cool too, it have a good sinergy with "Power Wrenk" + "Prime Light Bean" in Holo... just use Alchemy, Tools and Holo, abuse dodge;6) Adventurer could be a good option to defense/offense, it give us Condi/Power and 50% endurance recharge on healing use and the icd is more than enought with healing turret.

There are a lot of options, offensives more than deffensives... Those are my preferencies and I need to test many more. ^^

Not high ranked, but here is my review for SPVP:

I tried out rune of speed for Holo, it seemed nice, but then I went back to rune of leadership as there seems to be a ton of condi pressure out there.

Speed gives a noticeable increase of in-combat speed, which made getting away in some situations much more effective, especially under elixir S, also gives a bit more HP.

Leadership's condi cleanse and increased buff duration on quickness however was also very noticeable, it also means you'll have a higher uptime with vigor which is going to pan out to more damage as well.

Archived