Toxicity in general

bigo.9037

seen some threads here recently about toxicity. in pvp I honestly don't think it's that bad. I had very bad placement matches this season so I've had to start from rock bottom ( silver 2 ) and I'm still grinding through gold atm. even when our team lose I honestly don't see that much toxicity. the most common thing I see is when my team is winning, one enemy player in mapchat will sometimes say stuff like "omg team so bad" etc.

I do remember seeing a lot more toxicity in higher ranks though. but most people don't get that high either way.

In my opinion, wvw is much. more toxic. especially if you are a solo roamer. you get hunted down by roamer groups all the time and they will jump on your corpse and act cocky etc. and they never stop. open world pvp is generally just toxic because players just run around in groups and kill solo players all the time. people who are toxic love open world pvp because they can abuse these things. in pvp toxicity doesn't get you anywhere, so it isn't as common.

I'm not gonna claim I'm never a bit toxic myself but idk. for example when I'm doing a 1v1 on MY point vs weaver and he can't decap the point at all while there is teamfight on mid and one of my teammates decides to help me out even though1, I don't need help because weaver can't kill me and2, the point is already mine so the weaver is wasting his time

in this case I usually type in all caps "LEAVE POINT GO MID" or something.

occasionally in high ranks where matchmaking isn't as good because there are very few players, I tend to sarcastically talk about how amazing my team is while everyone keeps dying.

if that is considered toxic, sorry. but luckily enough I find myself being the only one that acts this way and don't see much general toxicity at all in pvp.

Archived