Crafted Items for Profession Collection Weapons

Oulak.3610

So I have an 80 Asura Mesmer that I'm working on getting Veilrender for, but she's an Artificer and Tailor. Would I be able to level up Weaponsmithing high enough on my level 32 Charr Warrior enough to learn the recipe for the Mordant Sickle and craft it, or will my warrior need to get to 80 before he can make it?

@"Oulak.3610" said:So I have an 80 Asura Mesmer that I'm working on getting Veilrender for, but she's an Artificer and Tailor. Would I be able to level up Weaponsmithing high enough on my level 32 Charr Warrior enough to learn the recipe for the Mordant Sickle and craft it, or will my warrior need to get to 80 before he can make it?

Your crafting level is not hindered by your character's level.You have to buy the Mordant Sickle Recipe as well as the Mordant Inscription recipe from certain Heart Vendors in Path of Fire, OR you can buy and add Harsab the Divider of Severance to your wardrobe, to by-pass the need to craft the Mordant Sickle.

To answer the original question: character level does not hinder your capacity to reach max level of a crafting profession, though it will limit what the character himself can USE out of the crafting. If you're just gunning for 500 Weaponsmith and selling the goods that got you there at the trading post (or salvaging them), that's fine. Character level does not matter.

You will, however, gain a few levels on that character from the crafting experience, though, so it would work out.

As an aside, if you own the game (not free-to-play), then you can have four characters covering all the main profs. It doesn't matter who does what, as long as each maxes two each. Unless you are a very very very serious role player, any toon can craft for any of the others and that is a lot easier than trying to make sure your guardian can make all their own gear.

I prefer having a weapon and an armor discipline for each, which enables the character to refine all basic mats (wood, cloth, leather, metals), insignia, and inscriptions, so you don't have to swap for various oddball needs.

And my favorite tool for maxing crafting ishttp://gw2crafts.net/

Thanks guys. I am coming from WoW where although there were breakpoints, it averaged out to be a limit of crafting level limit = 5x character level limit. And once you hit that and got the end game recipes, the items crafted were all soulbound on acquire - not account bound like in GW2. This game does some things fantastically!

Archived