Do you pre-block players? and why?

Xtinct.7031

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I block any player being nasty to anyone on the team, whether it be to me or anyone else. Idk if this counts as a pre block, but i'll block people on the other team being nasty to their own team if i witness it in chat or in any other form. I really look down on people who attack their own team. So i block them instantly

@"Pterikdactyl.7630" said:I have zero people on my block list but I frequently block people to see who they are, and on occasion I'll forget to take them off.

That does make some sense to me, because it could be possibly someone you used to play with on another server that you may recognize.

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@DemonSeed.3528 said:It's possible they just don't want to be further taunted though messages, just a guess. It's really their choice for blocking though, it isn't hurting anyone.

i get that, but what is the point if no messages were ever sent. Just seems illogical.

Don't lie..

You tried to message them and found out they had you blocked or they were offline... I'd say more than likely you already messaged them before you found out you got blocked.

@Xtinct.7031 said:

@"DemonSeed.3528" said:It's possible they just don't want to be further taunted though messages, just a guess. It's really their choice for blocking though, it isn't hurting anyone.

i get that, but what is the point if no messages were ever sent. Just seems illogical.

I will temporarily block a player if something about how I died seems...ridiculously off. Like, seeing a player on the cliff opposite Overlook Keep and they then instantly teleport 5k+ to me and engage me. I do that for the account name so that after I review the video I have something to send in if it was truly "outside the box" game play. Like the flying golem guy a couple months back, who told me to L2P after he flew a golem in to Bravost. I have also blocked a few people (usually just for an hour or so) if it is a guild I know regularly trash talks in tells after they stomp you 5v1 and claim you need to "get gud", even though that player isn't talking trash I already expect the behavior from that guild. I can imagine a number of reasons why other players might, but I like to keep my block list at 0 names. I don't even have the regular TC trolls blocked.

Haha no that seems... trivial? No offense. It's WvW - the wonderful land of salty whispers. Some are genuinely amusing to read.

Only time I've ever blocked someone in WvW was to find out acc name; issue hacker report (or to find acc name of a friend on another server), then that one time some nutter was preaching in team chat about politics/religion... no amount of condi cleanse was gonna clear the burns spreading in chat that day. Wew.

why would i block someone that has defeated me ? i only once ever recieved a message from someone that participated in killing me. the only reason i would block you in such a situation is if i want to return the favor and want to utilize the information on the blocklist to see if you are still in WvW (with linked maybe even on wich border) and on wich character you are but for that you would have to make me salty first, just killing me is not enough for that.

Preblock? Never, actually maybe once or twice when i knew who this guy is and was 100% that after losing to me he will talk trash so i preblocked him and he got even more furious because of that.Usually i dont block salty people (collection of swears grows bigger everyday), but i do block delusional people, for example condi mirage that loses multiple times and then says your build is trash while his needs much skill to be played. Ego of some peeps has height of a mountain.

Archived