It's time for a 50% across the board nerf to damage and heal

jul.7602

i agree and have said many times that a blanket nerf is needed. 50% might be a bit much .

my idea would be

1. blanket 20% reduction on all weapon damage modifiers
  2. blanket 20% damage reduction on all condition damage modifiers
  3. blanket 20% boon duration reduction on might, protection, regen, resistance, vigor . 10% reduction on all other boons.
  4. blanket 20% condition duration reduction on Burning, torment, confusion, weakness 10% reduction on all other conditions.
  5. blanket 20% reduction on stuns, dazes, immobilize.

Start with that and then balance from there.

@Spartacus.3192 said:i agree and have said many times that a blanket nerf is needed. 50% might be a bit much .

my idea would be

1. blanket 20% reduction on all weapon damage modifiers
  2. blanket 20% damage reduction on all condition damage modifiers
  3. blanket 20% boon duration reduction on might, protection, regen, resistance, vigor . 10% reduction on all other boons.
  4. blanket 20% condition duration reduction on Burning, torment, confusion, weakness 10% reduction on all other conditions.
  5. blanket 20% reduction on stuns, dazes, immobilize.

Start with that and then balance from there.

It would be much, much simpler to just rebalance armor stats and achieve pretty much the same thing.

Anet went wrong by giving access to specific boons to multiple classes, and then allowing boon sharing on top of that. Same with conditions.

To combat offensive power creep, they increase defensive power creep. So either you're utterly invincible or you die in 2.5 seconds. Lather rinse repeat.

Just think though... in order to sell expansions they have to ensure that the new classes in Xpac3 are even more powerful than HOT or POF. What a joy that will be.

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Anet went wrong by giving access to specific boons to multiple classes, and then allowing boon sharing on top of that. Same with conditions.

To combat offensive power creep, they increase defensive power creep. So either you're utterly invincible or you die in 2.5 seconds. Lather rinse repeat.

Just think though... in order to sell expansions they have to ensure that the new classes in Xpac3 are even more powerful than HOT or POF. What a joy that will be.

Never thought of it like that....makes sense.

@"Etterwyn.5263" said:Anet went wrong by giving access to specific boons to multiple classes, and then allowing boon sharing on top of that. Same with conditions.

At that point, who the hell will even be still playing wvw or pvp? I joined the game just after HoT and went straight into wvw. I listened to countless people complain how HoT ruined wvw and never really paid attention to what they were saying. After PoF, I fully understand what they were saying. The ability of Anet to balance this game is laughable at best. Mirages that perma evade and soulbeasts hitting people for 52k is proof of that.

-edit-

Oh, and apparently we have self rezzing people now.https://clips.twitch.tv/CoweringAbrasiveCrabsPartyTime

Anet just can't figure out how to buff and nerf things. They don't think how nerf affect core spec, don't think how broken build you can make if you select right runes, sigils and stats and how something affect in zerg fights if 15 dudes use same spec. Well to be fair balancing zerg is hard, but it's not that hard to figure out what makes some spec broken and nerf it without ruining other specs.

@C Cspace Cowboy.5903 said:

@"Etterwyn.5263" said:Anet went wrong by giving access to specific boons to multiple classes, and then allowing boon sharing on top of that. Same with conditions.

At that point, who the hell will even be still playing wvw or pvp? I joined the game just after HoT and went straight into wvw. I listened to countless people complain how HoT ruined wvw and never really paid attention to what they were saying. After PoF, I fully understand what they were saying. The ability of Anet to balance this game is laughable at best. Mirages that perma evade and soulbeasts hitting people for 52k is proof of that.

-edit-

Oh, and apparently we have self rezzing people now.

Oh man. Don't tell Anet about Vampirism working from dead! Now they will nerf scourges even more...again... :)

@misterman.1530 said:

-edit-

Oh man. Don't tell Anet about Vampirism working from dead! Now they will nerf scourges even more...again... :)

its funny because Scourges do actually need a nerf lol

Honestly, scourges arent a problem unless you are doing zergs, and even then their damage is easy to mitigate. Solo roaming they are managable.

Mirages, mainly condi mirages, are broken as shit. Deadeye that malicious backstab you and one shot you, broken. Soulbeasts one shotting for more then twice your healthbar, broken. Spellbreakers with their damn near immunity to damage for minutes, broken.

Notice most of it started with pof?

What fresh hell will a new expansion bring?

-edit-

The never ending evade builds can be changed easily. Energy sigil grant vigor on weapon swap instead of flat energy, and nerf endurance food.

Or implant the sigil rune system from pvp into wvw.

@Mini Crinny.6190 said:

-edit-

its funny because Scourges do actually need a nerf lol

Scourges are fine.

Also too many blocks and invulnerables. Those need to be cut in half at minimum.

Now that I think of it, the only damage that needs to be scaled down are the people who stack toughness and/or vitality. If someone is willing to go zerker or marauders with kittens to the wall damage, let them. But under no circumstance should people who stack toughness or vitality should be remotely doing the amount of damage they do (especially against people wearing zerk or marauders).

Remove power from any gear that has toughness or vitality on it (actually remove condition damage from this gear as well). Limit their ability to gain might (cap it at like 5 stacks), fury, or any other damage increasing trait that would otherwise come from someone else's trait line like spotter, or the rev's facet of darkness granting pulsating fury.

Basically make it that if the player insists on going tanky and running around in a melee ball, they do literally no damage. To the point the only way they'd ever kill a zerker player is if that player just stood there and did nothing for about 2 min.

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Also too many blocks and invulnerables. Those need to be cut in half at minimum.

Now that I think of it, the only damage that needs to be scaled down are the people who stack toughness and/or vitality. If someone is willing to go zerker or marauders with kittens to the wall damage, let them. But under no circumstance should people who stack toughness or vitality should be remotely doing the amount of damage they do (especially against people wearing zerk or marauders).

Remove power from any gear that has toughness or vitality on it (actually remove condition damage from this gear as well). Limit their ability to gain might (cap it at like 5 stacks), fury, or any other damage increasing trait that would otherwise come from someone else's trait line like spotter, or the rev's facet of darkness granting pulsating fury.

Basically make it that if the player insists on going tanky and running around in a melee ball, they do literally no damage. To the point the only way they'd ever kill a zerker player is if that player just stood there and did nothing for about 2 min.

If a tanky character can't even damage a glassy character, the glassy character shouldn't be able to damage the tanky character either. So if they did use your idea, they would either need to buff toughness and vitality to stupid levels, or they may as well just delete toughness and vitality from the game. The first option would make WvW incredibly boring, as you'd then just have a bunch of people slapping each other and doing no damage, and the second option would force everyone to go glass and kill build diversity. I can't see how either of those things would improve the game in any way.

@Opal.9324 said:

@DeadlySynz.3471 said:Also too many blocks and invulnerables. Those need to be cut in half at minimum.

If a tanky character can't even damage a glassy character, the glassy character shouldn't be able to damage the tanky character either. So if they did use your idea, they would either need to buff toughness and vitality to stupid levels, or they may as well just delete toughness and vitality from the game. The first option would make WvW incredibly boring, as you'd then just have a bunch of people slapping each other and doing no damage, and the second option would force everyone to go glass and kill build diversity. I can't see how either of those things would improve the game in any way.

Yeah its kind of stupid. In the same breath, people are literally complaining about everything.

These high damage roaming soulbeast/teleport revs/condi or shatter mirage/deadeyes/etc glass cannons giving you problems? The counter to them is high sustain builds such as hybrid anything/bunker spellbreakers/combo weavers/bunker healing condi etc. But nooooo... they are also the problem and should be deleted from the game. And people complain about the guard/necro zerg meta while also ranting about the mesmer/thief roaming meta at the same time, as if its somehow... wrong... when classes on either end of the spectrum are actually good at what they are supposed to do.

It seems to me GW2 actually have balance. The complaints are proof of it. They just wont accept it because they countered by something they dont want countering them.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

Yeah its kind of stupid. In the same breath, people are literally complaining about
everything

These high damage roaming soulbeast/teleport revs/condi or shatter mirage/deadeyes/etc glass cannons giving you problems? The counter to them is high sustain builds such as hybrid anything/bunker spellbreakers/combo weavers/bunker healing condi etc. But nooooo... they are
also
the problem and should be deleted from the game. And people complain about the guard/necro zerg meta while also ranting about the mesmer/thief roaming meta at the same time, as if its somehow... wrong... when classes on either end of the spectrum are
actually good at what they are supposed to do

It seems to me GW2 actually have balance. The complaints are proof of it. They just wont accept it because they countered by something they dont want countering them.

It's almost like ANet dialled everything up to 20 and everyone was actually very content sitting at 10 pre HoT or at least could manage everything being at 15 shortly before PoF.

You're missing the core problem. Its not damage or healing that's an issue. Its boon surfing and gear. With the addition of boon and condi duration, we've seen horrible metas rise. Damage should and always will trump over healing. The problem arises when boons come into play that allow you to care less about healing and actively playing the game. Anet's answer was nerfing signet of inspiration. What they failed to see was the same thing they took nearly a year to notice was the duration and ramp up time (how condi played out before). Only until a massive update comes along to fix boon duration will we see a true new meta. Then it'll probably just be back to pirate shipping because nobody will want to push without boons. Cast the wrong skill? Wait 10+ seconds before its up again so you can push. Balance is a violent circle but at least right now we can actually fight with whatever you want to call this meta.

Also I think this is too simplistic a view.

Consider the Minstrel's stat set. It is the ultimate "stay alive" build. However nobody wearing Minstrel's is a threat. You can't die to this kind of build. At the worst, it's a fight that just goes on forever until someone gives up out of boredom. The Player traded the ability to do damage for the ability to stay alive. It's a fair value-equation.

Similarly you have Berserker, Grieving, etc. which have no "stay alive" stats at all. It's also a fair value-equation.

Where the system starts to fall apart is not in the stat sets, but in the game mechanics. Having invulnerable frames breaks the value equation. Everyone can dodge, no special stats required. In addition, energy regeneration (dodge fuel) is not coupled to any specific stat so players don't have to trade anything for it. Dodge is just one example of invulnerable frames.

There are other mechanics which break the system such as stealth. It's a mechanic that provides a significant tactical advantage.

You can view these mechanics as "skill based", which is true to a large degree (except for cases where invulns are automatic through traits). It's not a good idea to remove reasonable skill from the game. There needs to be trade-offs in stat selection however to maintain the value equation (go tanky - lose damage - vise versa).

@Etterwyn.5263 said:Anet went wrong by giving access to specific boons to multiple classes, and then allowing boon sharing on top of that. Same with conditions.

You are right sort of. What ANET will do is just before the next xpac comes out all the POF elites will get slammed by the nerf hammer . Then they will release the new classes which by default will be much stronger than the now nerfed POF classes. BOOM....now they will sell lots of Xpacs.

Archived