Fix mirage, don't nerf

Crab Fear.1624

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Do you realy think is possible to „fix“ mirage/mesmer?

Believe me, Mesmer could be nerfed below the ground and people would continue to post „Mesmer is op“ .

Mesmer been hated since it was released and continued to whine about even when it was just garbage . Only 2-3 people being able to play somewhat and in the end everyone who played mesmer had to roll thieves to be useful . Clearly you didnt play at that time and came with hot/pof.Mesmer complaint thread would be endless until every noob would be able to kill mesmer of any skill level with only 1 button or smashing his keyboard with his face w/o looking at screen.^ Taken from my other post that he decided to ignore .

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

Believe me, Mesmer could be nerfed below the ground and people would continue to post „Mesmer is op“ .

Mesmer and chrono are fine..maybe even need some buff.

Core mesmer was nerfed so many times . Compared to other core specs its probably worst now (or may be its revenant?)

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Mesmer been hated since it was released and continued to whine about even when it was just garbage . Only 2-3 people being able to play somewhat and in the end everyone who played mesmer had to roll thieves to be useful . Clearly you didnt play at that time and came with hot/pof.Mesmer complaint thread would be endless until every noob would be able to kill mesmer of any skill level with only 1 button or smashing his keyboard with his face w/o looking at screen.^ Taken from my other post that he decided to ignore .

Mesmer and chrono are fine..maybe even need some buff.

Core mesmer was nerfed so many times . Compared to other core specs its probably worst now (or may be its revenant?)

Im scratching my head here about how to answer.

Nobody cares about the past.My first comment applies if Mesmer would be nerfed right now.

And do you mean me with the ignore part?

Because i have no idea who you are or if we even had a conversation before.

Im realy confused about your comment because it has nothing to do with what i have said.

Sorry for confusion but I meant that what I said,but to OP . Basically the same , no matter how its would be nerfed, ppl would complaint about it

Oh ok. Happens.

I delete my post then.

People will cry about mesmer in pvp no matter what. For a new/inexperienced in pvp/unskilled/unintelligent person playing against a mesmer is really frustrating.In a low skill environment you can face most people just by knowing your class and have no clue about what other classes do. That just doesnt work with a mesmer. Unless youre playing a direct counter like core guard/holo/boon beast/weaver - you have to know about the mesmers mechanics to kill him.Overall the clone mechanic is a bad mechanic to have in pvp ....its awesome and cool in pve though(and lets be frank here thats what really matters).

What did i say? Comment with the truth deleted, but truth still stands! Mirage cloak is not broken, can be countered and is not the reason for some specs (like some hybrid and condi) are lame/op. Btw nerf Rev! Lot of ppl in this forum still not that smart. Rofl lets see how long this comment will do :)

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:If mirage cloak would be tied to EM, wouldn't that make IH a nonsense trait?

On the exhaustion bit, exhaustion doesn't work on mirage, mirage doesn't have the tools to deal with it like thief, if ANet wants to stay on the exhaustion approach then deception skills must grant endurance back.

mirage should be accountable for cc's

you can still cloak without EM if stunned.

getting caught without stunbreak cooldowns with a well placed stunned shouldn't be negated. a price should be paid.

make ambush tied to dodge roll regardless as it is with cloak and increase the time for use by 1 or 2 seconds, then match the IH skill to fit the change, clones will still use the ambush skill

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:Do you realy think its possible to „fix“ mirage/mesmer?

Not really seeing a lot of mesmer or chrono posts nowadays though. Huh, I wonder if this quote is true?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:If mirage cloak would be tied to EM, wouldn't that make IH a nonsense trait?

On the exhaustion bit, exhaustion doesn't work on mirage, mirage doesn't have the tools to deal with it like thief, if ANet wants to stay on the exhaustion approach then deception skills must grant endurance back.

getting caught without stunbreak cooldowns with a well placed stunned shouldn't be negated. a price should be paid.

make ambush tied to dodge roll regardless as it is with cloak and increase the time for use by 1 or 2 seconds, then match the IH skill to fit the change, clones will still use the ambush skill

Don't know if I understood you right.You're saying mirage gets dodge roll instead of cloak unless they trait EM. And after each dodge roll you can use ambush, is that it?If that's the case, what is mirage mechanic? Because that's the equivalent of getting malice as one grandmaster trait on DE.

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

Don't know if I understood you right.You're saying mirage gets dodge roll instead of cloak unless they trait EM. And after each dodge roll you can use ambush, is that it?If that's the case, what is mirage mechanic? Because that's the equivalent of getting malice as one grandmaster trait on DE.

the other option is cloak wont work to negate cc unless traited for em.

meaning if you get stun without em, you will need to use a stun breaker like the rest of the world

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

the other option is cloak wont work to negate cc unless traited for em.

meaning if you get stun without em, you will need to use a stun breaker like the rest of the world

You mean like every single mesmer player says for ages?

If ANet does that people will complain about something else, like people have been doing since pof released.Confusion - > Blurred Frenzy - > Vigor - > EM - > Mirage Cloak - > IH perhaps?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Cloak needs to be tied to EM, exhaustion 2 or 3 secs as a cost.

Boom fixed

This is dumb. Mirage having a 2-3 automatic exhaustion on all dodges at all times would make it straight up unviable.

i mean if it breaks stun, not just because

The op doesn't say anything about dodging CC.

Mirage cloak just needs to be restricted on CCs that prevent dodging. Remove stunbreak on Elusive Mind, replace it with something else like Mirage Cloak let's you strafe and move backwards at full speed. Done.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:Cloak needs to be tied to EM, exhaustion 2 or 3 secs as a cost.

Boom fixed

Are you propositioning to only give mirage their currently baseline dodge when picking a specific grandmaster? It really sounds like you are, holy kitten.

Yeah lets just ignore that nothing about mirage works without Mirage Cloak being baseline. Seriously, take a look at mirage traits and ambush attacks. Just one example: Infinite Horizon gives your clones Mirage Cloak when you gain it, but you can only gain MC if you pick another grandmaster...

"Boom fixed" LOL. People suggesting balance changes without even knowing what it would do if implemented.

Here is a fix that would actually make sense WITHOUT RUINING AN ENTIRE ELITE SPEC: Make mirage unable to dodge when CC-d without picking EM. Currently most CC-s only last as long as an evade-frame from a dodge, so even if you eat some CC that sets up a spike, you can just dodge. You won't break the stun sure, but you cover the incoming burst with an evadeframe anyway. THIS is why mirage is so strong in the hands of even unskilled players. Take this cheese away, and you can even reverse half of the nerfs to the spec, it would be better than where we are now.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

@Crab Fear.1624 said:Cloak needs to be tied to EM, exhaustion 2 or 3 secs as a cost.

Boom fixed

This is dumb. Mirage having a 2-3 automatic exhaustion on all dodges at all times would make it straight up unviable.

Mirage cloak just needs to be restricted on CCs that prevent dodging. Remove stunbreak on Elusive Mind, replace it with something else like Mirage Cloak let's you strafe and move backwards at full speed. Done.

Actually no it doesn't. That is the whole point of the elite spec and as long as it doesn't break stun (what should get removed on EM) it has counterplay and is not broken, also it is technically impossible to change it that way. The dodge is either instant and can do everything is does or it is a cast and can't do anything of it. I dunno why you guys still complain, as if you need a stun to hit a mirage. There are classes with more dodges out there can even facetank more of your dmg inbetween. They cannot dodge your follow up after stun but can just facetank it and laugh. Ppl cry about mesmer, even power shatter mesmer, since game release no matter how bad it is, it is so senseless and wrong that even i get triggered by the none-stop hate train as a none mesmer main. Still barely any complains about way more broken stuff like boon Soulbeast or Holo or braindead playable core Guard, simply because all you complaining not so good player can get carried by that easy to play stuff yourself, but when you log on mesmer you get rekt instead the expected carry. That is the whole reason behind the exaggerated mesmer hate compared to the too low hate on other (often even more broken) stuff. Btw nerf Rev! Rofl

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Boom fixed

Stop with the useless backward full speed bs.

@FaboBabo.3581 said:

Boom fixed

Dude imagine scepter ambushing directly at a person at super speed away from them. It'd be awesome. If you think that's useless, you're probably not very bright.

@mortrialus.3062 said:

Boom fixed

Dude imagine scepter ambushing directly at a person at super speed away from them. It'd be awesome. If you think that's useless, you're probably not very bright.

Sounds like a dream of backpeddlers

Archived