[Suggestion] The skinwalker/Shapeshifter Elite spec or new class..?

Thornwolf.9721

I dont know what class this would fit on, I thought soulbeast might be this but it turned out to be the pinky toe in the pool so to speak. I dont know where it would fit and belong but I will do the basic Write up and a small summary of where it could come in from a plot point.

• The shapeshifter is a lycanthrope, blessed by the spirits of the wild in their entirety with the ability to use their power as its own allowing the user to become savage and feral in their prowess and abilities. The User takes on the form of wolf, snow leopard, bear, raven or any other beast ( assuming this would be ok) In a hybrid form allowing for them to fight as a monster would, becoming a thrashing mass of teeth,fur and scale they rend their enemies asunder.

• They should only happen when the story goes to dealing with the norn, potentially Braham and his efforts to kill jormag and how he has kind of gone off the deep end and we have to deal with him. This would be perfect for a class/ elite spec as they would have strong correlation to the plot as a narrative stand point, even though revenants only were tied to Rytlocks return this could off a different feel? And potentially better lore associated with it.

• Again I dont know what class this could fit on or if the idea could work outside of being a new class as a whole, however I Feel like a Lycanthropic shapeshifter/skinwalker would be amazing to behold in guild wars 2 with its engine. It truly would feel fast, feral and full of primal aggression as well be a good step in the right direction if they want to do things no other game likes to touch. WoW has shape-shifting but... its not A werebeast or akin to it, they are more like native american skin-walkers who merely borrow the form of an animal to do a specific task(not as cool). And Eso Has a werewolf but its kind of... well bleh, So guild wars 2 could introduce it and have it be completely unique and their spin on it which would look/feel/be awesome.

• making it usable by everyone might take away from the norn and their racial skills would have to be removed, but I would be OK with that if there were new models and more viability with the ability to toggle it on and off. I feel like it could turn out rather cool even though the Charr might make for some interesting forms in how they end up, and what they become when taking on these shapes... but I still feel like it could be done and made to be awesome and I would love to see it.

Share your thoughts guys, thanks for reading.

I'll be honest and say that I would have zero interest in seeing what is basically a Warcraft Shaman or Worgan in Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 doesn't need to try and do WoW stuff because WoW already does WoW stuff. The game already has tons and tons of interesting lore of its own to draw from, so there's absolutely no need to copy WoW or introduce what I think are some of the most overused fantasy tropes in the current day and age. It certainly won't be made into a new class, as we now have the Revenant to round out the balance of armor type users (3 of each), and the whole point of introducing elite specs was to do away with the need to create whole new classes in the future.

I recall there being a vocal minority lobbying to change Soulbeast to make it more WoW shaman-like, after the PoT elite spec preview weekend, and it's gotten similar responses from other forum users. Let Guild Wars 2 be Guild Wars 2.

@Kreed.2768 said:I'll be honest and say that I would have zero interest in seeing what is basically a Warcraft Shaman or Worgan in Guild Wars 2. Guild Wars 2 doesn't need to try and do WoW stuff because WoW already does WoW stuff. The game already has tons and tons of interesting lore of its own to draw from, so there's absolutely no need to copy WoW or introduce what I think are some of the most overused fantasy tropes in the current day and age. It certainly won't be made into a new class, as we now have the Revenant to round out the balance of armor type users (3 of each), and the whole point of introducing elite specs was to do away with the need to create whole new classes in the future.

I recall there being a vocal minority lobbying to change Soulbeast to make it more WoW shaman-like, after the PoT elite spec preview weekend, and it's gotten similar responses from other forum users. Let Guild Wars 2 be Guild Wars 2.

I clearly stated to NOT make it like the wow Druid/shaman and make it more akin to an actual lycanthrope, which means it would not be all "Save you with nature power" and be more "I will siphon your life force and maul you as a giant monster". You might not be interested, but I have and never will be interested in around 90% of the class's because aesthetically they ruin my immersion or are un-fun for me. That however does not mean they should not have work done to them, not exist or even not even be referenced because they are. This would NOT be new lore as it could simply be the havrouns teach people to shapeshift, as they are known to do because in GW1 all the warriors become werebeast when they fight in the norn culture. So its not new, its just being used properly and made into a legitament spec that could be alot of fun.

Archived