Warrior has 3 incredibly bad weapons

LaFurion.3167

Warrior is my main and has been for quite a while.

However it has severely depressing, useless weapons that are totally outdated.

1) Sword - People have been begging for an update of this slow, sluggish weapon. It NEEDS buffs. F1 ability on sword should NOT root, and could maybe use a damage increase. The leap is fine, if not wonky (sometimes fails to hit in point blank range. it usually is only used as a combo leap finisher or just as mobility... very sad). The 3 is iffy, but deals okay damage under 50%. Sword mainhand is THE warrior weapon in a lot of mmo, but in gw2 its so useless! even on burn warrior its underwhelming, especially when scourge and mirage stack 25 stack of literally every condi on you, burn warrior watching from behind with single tear rolling down cheak, holding his pitiful burn stacks in one hand, and meager bleed stacks in the other.

2) Sword offhand - CLUNKY. VERY CLUNKY WEAPONNNN.

3) Longbow - Mechanical design of Gw2 totally annihilates this "LONG BOW" and castrates it to a melee weapon. you must stack for blast finishers and what not, so playing burn warrior with a longbow basically requires melee uptime? like what? and for a condi weapon it has pitiful condi that we have to trait into to get the burn on auto.. .come on....

4) Maces - after the nerfs, kind of bad, people only ever run Axe main hand now, and axe offhand provides far more damage.

5) i would like to point out also that HAMMER is fine, just there are way too many stun break mechanics in the game currently for anything to be done about it. How it currently plays feels good and is how a hammer warrior should feel. but anytime you knock somebody down or back or stun them, even if you set it up, there is no reward for it, just poof they use their multitude of stun break. But whatever, it hits decently hard. Sword mh and longbow DESPERATELY need tuning/buffs!

PLEASE on behalf of all warrior mains, please bring sword mh oh and longbows up to par with other weapons, its been so long!

Edit - Feel free to suggest fixes to bring these outdated weapons up to date?

@Noha.3749 said:Maces are great in PvE vs breakbars.Sword MH is a utility weapon with good mobility, execute, decent AA. F1 is a bit clunky but comeon, you press F1 and just take a forward step and the animation stops.Longbow opinion i totally agree with.Sword offhand aswell.

I recently crafted bolt and have been using sword warrior. Trust me the sword feels so bad in every way compared to axe. And also how other class mh weapons feel. Like mesmer sword. OMG. Thief sword. Fluid and unique etc.

War sword is the epitome of clunky. You will never land a full f1 skill on player because of the channel. Imob does nothing we all know that. And the auto attack again, feels bad and weak compared to say axe or other class mh autos.

And yeah you have a good point with mace. I don't pve high level so did not think of this. All I think about is Hot mace berserker days and after that never seeing mace war ever again in pvp.

Well.. i "trust" you in that regard that i can tell that YOU find it that clunky.Im really enjoying MH Sword and find it great in almost all situations. There are ALOT of way more clunky weapons out there and warriors have quite a good time compared to other professions.

MH Sword is a bad weapon and a good tool, in that you will never kill good players with Sword, but it DOES help you kill players with your Greatsword. We don't talk about OH sword. 5 Torment and a super annoying to use power attack >_>. Riposte is ok, could use an evade during the counterattack like the mesmer OH sword counter though.

While thematically yes, Longbow makes no sense, it actually does quite a bit of burning.
Mace is pretty bad now due to mobility creep and stun break creep. Mace/Sh/GS used to be cool waaaaaay back then thanks to unsuspecting foe. Good luck doing anything with a 3 second stun nowadays with no other real utility.

Also note that Hammer's CC durations aren't really meant for lockdown. They're meant to stay within hammer itself for a burst of damage. Mace is what you want for lockdown/CC duration.

Good thing they make up for it by having the most weapon choice of all the classes. If you don't like those three weapons, you have like ... 7 others to choose from?

The complaint doesn't seem to recognize that the weapons have purpose. For example, if you recognize that sword is a condi application weapon, then you understand why it's 'slow'. Not saying they are the best, but being the best is what clearly not what weapon choice is about in the first place.

I mean, you can only swap to a small group of weapons anyways; why does EVERY weapon need to meet a personal impression of being 'good' if you can't use them all in a specific build anyways?

The only use of LB is F1 is Berserker Mod, but even that it's too dependent to Alacrity and Quickness. Berserker condi : Half the DPS (or even more) comes from spamming F1 and F2, you don't have a decent chrono, or no chrono at all, guess you'll do 8k at best.Sword main hand is okai I think, but yes F1 is an old design skill; 2, 3 or 4sec of Immobilize ? Who cares about >2sec duration today with all cleansing skills and traits against movement conditions ? And dmg, direct and condi, are too weak for 2.5sec cast; It's only good if you interupt your burst skill for GS or other. Make it 2sec Immo and graduated stack of torments or bleedings with a lower cast time.

About Hammer, I disagree. With the up of sigils on interruption (For example: Steal 3 boons when interrupting a foe, icd 3sec) SpB hammer is stronger than ever in WvW and PvP.

just there are way too many stun break mechanics in the game currently for anything to be done about it.F1 with >8sec CD, Full Counter >12sec, #4 #5 + near spammable weakness; no people run with more than 4 BS with low CD; it's the point of the hammer to leave your opponent defenseless.

Sword MH is okay. I think the sword burst is what needs to change.

Mace is useless. “Oh but it breaks bars.” No body is going to use a fucking weapon cuz it breaks bars. Even in PvP no one uses it.

Dagger MH is useless outside of sPvP. Dagger OH is useless everywhere.

@otto.5684 said:Sword MH is okay. I think the sword burst is what needs to change.

Mace is useless. “Oh but it breaks bars.” No body is going to use a kitten weapon cuz it breaks bars. Even in PvP no one uses it.

Dagger offhand I am sadly realizing is indeed useless... I was going to craft incinerator next but seeing how absurdly bad of a spa choice when compared to axe OH just makes me cry.

@LaFurion.3167 said:

@otto.5684 said:Sword MH is okay. I think the sword burst is what needs to change.

Mace is useless. “Oh but it breaks bars.” No body is going to use a kitten weapon cuz it breaks bars. Even in PvP no one uses it.

Dagger offhand I am sadly realizing is indeed useless... I was going to craft incinerator next but seeing how absurdly bad of a spa choice when compared to axe OH just makes me cry.

I use GS and Dagger/Dagger. Great burst with CC, Boon removal, defense through reflect and healing (from sun and moon style) and mobility. Honestly, Daggers could ONLY use a bit of a buff in dammage, that's it.Sword on the other hand... ?

Evis animation and cast time still needs to be updated.

Kill shot should also get a qol update. (cast time improvement and no more kneel)

Restore dagger damage back to where it was.

Sword 3 cast time reduction.

Un-root sword f1 and increase attack speed.

Improve mace cast times and add some defensive bonuses on skill use. (active defense weapon with some damage on burst and cc.)

Eviscerate is indeed one of the most annoying skills to use due to animation lockdown and aftercast. It is (relatively to other new/buffed hard hitting skills) not as strong as it used to be. Update/polish would be definitely welcome.

I agree that Killshot should get QoL update, but if they remove kneel/rooting, it needs better telegraph (something like longbow's Pin Down). Imo, the best solution would be unrooting KS with -xy% movement speed and (maybe) adding subtle telegraph (slow movement or standing still should be enough as telegraph that something unpleasant is going to happen). Cast time is acceptable if there is movement possible during it.

Dagger won't be damage dealing weapon, I think it is pretty obvious anet wants it to be more sustain/boon removal weapon, rather than dps. Also, dagger has nice mobility on it, might on 3rd autoattack so it already has enough utility compared to other weapons.

With quickness, shorter cast time would be a bit too strong. I think for power builds, sword is good as burst/mobility weapon. It is just hard to get enemy bellow 50% HP to make use of the burst part with sword only. I would change Flurry to be bursty too, not just lame instant stow for immobilize. Btw, Savage Leap deals good damage too, but it usually doesn't connect at all.

The whole skill should be updated as stated in point above.

Mace would be really good if there weren't so many short CD stunbreaks. It is easier buffing mace than nerfing stunbreaks across the game, sadly but obviously. I agree that mace should be more control/defense oriented. Mace is nice when using with Berserker elite spec. Skull Grinder is one of the smoothest skills to use as warrior. Buffing Berserker, mace autoattack speed and changing Counterblow block to block exactly the same as Riposte would be enough imo.

@sneakytails.5629 said:

1. Evis animation and cast time still needs to be updated.
  2. Kill shot should also get a qol update. (cast time improvement and no more kneel)
  3. Restore dagger damage back to where it was.
  4. Sword 3 cast time reduction.
  5. Un-root sword f1 and increase attack speed.
  6. Improve mace cast times and add some defensive bonuses on skill use. (active defense weapon with some damage on burst and cc.)

yes good change suggestions... lets hope they actually do it.

Kill shot should also get a qol update. (cast time improvement and no more kneel) Would be op with Beserker warriors if there is no Kneeling. You just have groups of them aoe clocking small everyone. And fleeing with sw/wh or GS. Team speed buffs would be crazy if you have runes. They have access to unblockable sigils or shouts. Fighting one is already annoying imagine fighting a group of them. It would be like when DH had "Piercing Light" trait, it applies 1 second daze on traps back in 2016. You would get like 3-6 guys cloak spamming traps all day in EB killing small groups and tail of zergs. When I ran with LGND we do a squad of 6 trappers and take down half of a 20 man squad easily. back in bottom gold. silver and bronze. But with POF release everything was offset with zerg barriers.

there are some decent gs/hammer builds.vanilla warrior was fine, bit of a ganker.....but good.all vanilla (berserker) are obsolete really now

sword completely useless.makes a shame for dual weld, type builds which feels like 'master of arms', I've tried.

mace the burst even nerfed is good if you build for it.

since rifle and axes got buffed I think overall weapons are in a fair place.there's other issues I bleieve that take top of the pops for attention , WOD, Primal burst etc.

there's definitely a loss on weapons overall, as far as all the elites go, all classes now use all/most weapons and will continue to increase .interms of our profession mechanic we lose, especially compared to other heavy armor users,I'd like to see more dodges, so we pick up some heavy armor 'wearing' recognition for being 'true professional warriors' to compensate.

Archived