Is there any trick that I don't know????

CRrabbit.1284

Recent few days at WvW I keep getting hit by some unbelievable numbers e.g. 38k maul , 25k+ COR etc. I play soulbeast and rev as well, even with full zerk + fully buffed (max might + blood lust + 100% crit ) I can never get even close to those numbers. And all these happened in recent 2-3 days. Did Anet changed anything that I don't know???

@"Caedmon.6798" said:Well,this vid will explain slb damage,watch it fully and laugh.

@"Caedmon.6798" said:Well,this vid will explain slb damage,watch it fully and laugh.

Actrually I don't understand the number in this video either. My soulbeast use full zerk and with sick em (and all max stacks might/bloodlust etc) the best number I ever get is 18k maul after GS5. The SB in video contantly get 25k maul without any other pre-skill-usage (even get a 30k+ once), how he can reach that number ???

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Actrually I don't understand the number in this video either. My soulbeast use full zerk and with sick em (and all max stacks might/bloodlust etc) the best number I ever get is 18k maul after GS5. The SB in video contantly get 25k maul without any other pre-skill-usage (even get a 30k+ once), how he can reach that number ???

just use the build in the videos description and do exactly what he does in the video. cant be too hard.

@MUDse.7623 said:

just use the build in the videos description and do exactly what he does in the video. cant be too hard.

Yes I did, but can never reach that number. Even Just now, tried on a downed ele , only 15k maul and my status/tooltip number are all much higher than the build shows (he only have 2800 power on build I have almost 4000 power when I hit the player).

Something is seriously wrong ....

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Yes I did, but can never reach that number. Even Just now, tried on a downed ele , only 15k maul and my status/tooltip number are all much higher than the build shows (he only have 2800 power on build I have almost 4000 power when I hit the player).

I dont know the exact build myself since im not playing it.I do have a buddy in my guildhall with the similair setup.If you pm me tonight i can direct you to him if hes willing.

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@Caedmon.6798 said:Well,this vid will explain slb damage,watch it fully and laugh.

@Caedmon.6798 said:Well,this vid will explain slb damage,watch it fully and laugh.

I dont know the exact build myself since im not playing it.I do have a buddy in my guildhall with the similair setup.If you pm me tonight i can direct you to him if hes willing.

There is link of build under the video , gears/pets all same as what I have . Just change a few trait. However I can never land so much damage as he showed in video, best I can do is like 60% of his number. Usually only 1/2 of his numbers.....

@Blocki.4931 said:There are many different damage buffs for soulbeast, you need to chain them together and do it quickly enough to have them all apply to your big hit. It's not just full zerker gear + might.

OK let's say Maul: Open strike+remorseless+loudwhistle+ 2-hand+furious strength+OS+Sick em + unblockable = what I didWhat else I missed to cause me loss at least 40% damage??Never mention that it's only compared with the number in the video. Last night I was hit by a 38k Maul from no where (combat log showed)....There must be some hidden mechanism that I haven't discovered....

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:There are many different damage buffs for soulbeast, you need to chain them together and do it quickly enough to have them all apply to your big hit. It's not just full zerker gear + might.

OK let's say Maul: Open strike+remorseless+loudwhistle+ 2-hand+furious strength+OS+Sick em + unblockable = what I didWhat else I missed to cause me loss at least 40% damage??Never mention that it's only compared with the number in the video. Last night I was hit by a 38k Maul from no where (combat log showed)....There must be some hidden mechanism that I haven't discovered....

Sic em ? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/%22Sic_%27Em!%22

@Caedmon.6798 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:There are many different damage buffs for soulbeast, you need to chain them together and do it quickly enough to have them all apply to your big hit. It's not just full zerker gear + might.

Sic em ?

Read my post twice, Sick em = for sure I use since it gives the most damage+%

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Sic em ?

You must use sic'em while merged into beastmode or you don't get the 40% damage buff and movement, but only your pet.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Sic em ?

You must use sic'em while merged into beastmode or you don't get the 40% damage buff and movement, but only your pet.

How to use sick em properly? I used it right before I maul (after I merged with pet, in beast mode). You mean I should use it before merge ?

@CRrabbit.1284 said:

Sic em ?

How to use sick em properly? I used it right before I maul (after I merged with pet, in beast mode). You mean I should use it before merge ?

Nope, I mean to receive the buff you must be in beastmode merged with your pet, if your pet is out walking around only him will receive the sic'em buff.

Maybe you got unlucky with opponents, maybe high toughness opponents with protection on, which reduce your damage by a flat 33%, and that's a lot.

@whoknocks.4935 said:

Sic em ?

Nope, I mean to receive the buff you must be in beastmode merged with your pet, if your pet is out walking around only him will receive the sic'em buff.

Maybe you got unlucky with opponents, maybe high toughness opponents with protection on, which reduce your damage by a flat 33%, and that's a lot.

Well maybe I am just too unlucky that all the staff weavers and thief I met are all tanky build and even have protection after they downed.

@"Shadow Order.7258" said:Pvp damage balance is out of control. Even worse with Pve stats in WvW. Welcome to some classes being super shiny and others being meh at best.

The point is -- I can't figure out how such "unbalanced" damages are achieved even if I fully copy the same build and use the same skill rotation.....

He's Ferocity and damage modifier stacking.

MarksmanshipOpening Strike: You and your pet inflict vulnerability with your first strike when entering combatFarsighted: Ranger weapon skills deal increased damage (+5%). Damage is further increased above the range threshold (+10%).Precise Strike: Opening Strike always critically hits.Remorseless: Regain Opening Strike when ever you gain Fury. Opening Strike deals more damage (+25%).

BeastmasteryPack Alpha: Your pet is more powerful, and it's skills gain recharge reduction (+150 to all stats).Loud Whistle: While your health is above the threshold, your pet deals more damage (+10%). Your pet swap gains recharge reduction.Two-handed Training: Greatsword and spear skills deal more damage and have reduced recharge(+10%). Gain Fury when you disable a foe.Pet's Prowess: Pets move faster and deal more damage on critical hits (+300 Ferocity)Honed Axes: Gain Ferocity (+120). Axe skills gain reduced recharge, and you gain additional Ferocity while wielding an axe (+120 = 240). Winter's Bite now impacts an area.

SoulbeastFurious Strength: You deal more damage while you have Fury (+7%)Twice As Vicious: Disabling a foe increases your damage and condition damage (+5%) for a short duration.Oppressive Superiority: Deal increased damage to foes with lower health than you (+10%). Conditions you apply to foes at a lower health percentage have increased duration.

Also using "Sic 'Em!" (+40% damage), Signet of the Wild (+180 Ferocity) and probably using Scholar runes (+5% damage) and Ferocity food. Basically one thing buffs another thing in a lengthy chain of self buffing which results in singular skills becoming one shot capable. It's a gimmick build and it's not going to win any fights outside of surprise attacks.

Grand total of additional Ferocity and +x% damage is:870 Ferocity+112% damageMany of these being very situational. Not all of them will be active during every encounter.

Archived