New dog whistle item on gemstore

hugo.4705

What are your opinions on the subject? Should we have more items like this one to summon pets? like wolf,cat and fox variants? Dunno if 500 is the right price, I was stupid to have spent my gems 2 days ago to buy my missing ls2 parts. I have 0 ideas about the functionnalities etc...

I think it's great for your toons without pets (If you aren't playing ranger/ elementalist/ Necromant) (I considered elementals and minions as pets, should be named Imho)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I enjoyed having a dog in Fable..that would guide you to things.Or Nintendodogs, thats fun for the whole of 20minutes.

But in this game, it's a strange edition, and I'd reckon has a short time of interest/fun.

Plenty of other things I'd rather put my 500gems towards. So defintely not interested.

Anyone else think yhe dog looks odd? kinda starved and twisty?

I don't usually buy toys/novelty items (In fact I generally dislike them/find them irritating, and actually can't think of any toy/novelty item I've brought!), but this one I did drop some gems on. Sure there's some other upgrades I could have used them on, but I've been wanting some dogs in the game for a while as I don't have any interest in the cats in the game for the 'home' instance, and this looks like the nearest thing I'll get to a shiba. I'm sure I'll spend at least a few minutes playing with the dog each time I login.

@GW Noob.6038 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:What does this dog do? Pick up ur items? Attack ur enemies? What?

Its mostly an idle
toy
. It does nothing aside from provide entertainment while you wait for whatever.

The dog isn't even a puppy = completely useless. :/

Would be really cute if the dog started as a puppy and grew over time, but that might've been too much effort.

@jwaz.1908 said:

@GW Noob.6038 said:What does this dog do? Pick up ur items? Attack ur enemies? What?

Its mostly an idle
toy
. It does nothing aside from provide entertainment while you wait for whatever.

The dog isn't even a puppy = completely useless. :/

Would be really cute if the dog started as a puppy and grew over time, but that might've been too much effort.

Slightly off topic, but I miss that function of the ranger pets from GW where they got stronger and bigger as they leveled.

Players moving through the topography of gem store pets could do real world work. Perhaps create a Tyrian analog for each real world animal in need of help, a NPC topography of animal rescue economics and a gem store topography of Tyrian animals. Link the money earned to support real world animal rescue.

Why wouldn't there be dog parks in Tyria?

@Psientist.6437 said:Players moving through the topography of gem store pets could do real world work. Perhaps create a Tyrian analog for each real world animal in need of help, a NPC topography of animal rescue economics and a gem store topography of Tyrian animals. Link the money earned to support real world animal rescue.

Cause theyd get attacked by bandits or worse and constantly need help :)

@Dante.1763 said:

@Psientist.6437 said:Players moving through the topography of gem store pets could do real world work. Perhaps create a Tyrian analog for each real world animal in need of help, a NPC topography of animal rescue economics and a gem store topography of Tyrian animals. Link the money earned to support real world animal rescue.

No one leave their dog with Dante.

Animal fashion and training events could be directly translated into a fund drive.

@Psientist.6437 said:

Animal fashion and training events could be directly translated into a fund drive.

Eh? You asked why they wouldnt be dog parks, i mean look at the world of Tyria, even the smallest farms get attacked by swarms of bandits. I fail to see why that would mean not leaving a dog with me!

@Dante.1763 said:

Eh? You asked why they wouldnt be dog parks, i mean look at the world of Tyria, even the smallest farms get attacked by swarms of bandits. I fail to see why that would mean not leaving a dog with me!

I think parks would be confined to cities. If you keep my dog within a city, I will let you take my dog for a walk or play session.

Archived