Isles of Janthir and Janthir Bay: what sort of gameplay could an expansion here contain iyo?

I dont know much about the history of the Isles of Janthir, but from what little I can read on this, the White Mantle control this area correct?But was there any Norn, Asura or Charr related history here?This are looks like one big ocean, but I assume this area was once available in other media. What exactly resides there in that media?

Sadly we know next to nothing about that area, though on the map the water has a nice blue. I've always imagined that the isles must be a tropical paradise with lots of colourful birds and reptiles like snakes and iguanas.

Since the Mursaat are all dead and the White Mantle has been destroyed, there isn't really a reason why we would go there. Possible enemies could be:

• Bandits, remnants of the White Mantle, who fight among themselves to gain control of the region.
  • Jade Constructs who still faithfully protect the ruins of Mursaat civilization.
  • Local tribes.
  • The inquest, because the inquest seems to have labs even in the most remote corners of Tyria.

I can't think of a compelling reason to go there though. At least not one you could base an expansion upon.

Would be nice to explore janthir isles, was fan of Ember bay. Can be an echo to volcanic maps, where you will find essentially white mantle, embers and other elementals/destroyers. But also why not Inquest on the erupting crater researching on destroyers just like at mount maelstrom. As I said before, I enjoy island-type maps and would put a ton of money for a bet on that. Theu are a great deal where you can try any environment: from a regular one to a giant fractured island with floating islets. Also a great idea: Some asuras from statics/synergetics/dynamics lead some researchs on rifts with the power of bloodstones and ley-lines. They regulary face to white mantle which try to stole the stones. Inquest on their side try to hijack the ley-lune network to open a rift to the mist. (They succeed and we need to stop riftstalkers etc.) Everywhere else, small villages are under control of bandits, citizens are afraid, unslaved. (Quest)

Archived