thief spin elite seems bugged

Bast.7253

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well there are a few things that can get through it. some mesmer traits, some engi skills, shocking aura, and you cant go over the line wards or that's it, game over

also any precasted (before daggerstorm starts) pull tethers

i mean why not take it, compared to basilisk (in my opinion) in today's game....yeesh

i dont know if it's healthy for the game.

@Highlie.7641 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Can you name the only profession that has had the ability to self apply stability removed over the last 6 year period?

IF you've picked thief you win!!

didnt we get stability (very long!) on blinding powder before they removed it from DS?

I'm not sure honestly, been awhile since i checked that but i thought it was a stunbreak they added to Bp?

along with 1s stability :3

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Highlie.7641 said:Can you name the only profession that has had the ability to self apply stability removed over the last 6 year period?

IF you've picked thief you win!!

didnt we get stability (very long!) on blinding powder before they removed it from DS?

Is this referring to the 1 second, 1 stack pathetic Stability that the skill has now?

@Crab Fear.1624 said:well there are a few things that can get through it. some mesmer traits, some engi skills, shocking aura, and you cant go over the line wards or that's it, game over

also any precasted (before daggerstorm starts) pull tethers

i mean why not take it, compared to basilisk (in my opinion) in today's game....yeesh

i dont know if it's healthy for the game.

Defend extremy broken crap that get recharged time to time even 3 times in a row by steal but crying so loud about mesmers xDWhat SOME mesmer traits get through full evade ?What SOME engi skills?Who posses shocking aura except dagger elementalist ?Who else have warding effect besides guardian with a staff , if you didnt know, once ability is used you cant change place where ita being casted. 1s hammer 5 if thief run into it... Only blind thief would interrupt his DS into warding effects guardian have.Impress me!

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Defend extremy broken kitten that get recharged time to time even 3 times in a row by steal

In some builds, and only by chance.

What SOME mesmer traits get through full evade ?What SOME engi skills?Who posses shocking aura except dagger elementalist ?

This I don't know.

Who else have warding effect besides guardian with a staff , if you didnt know, once ability is used you cant change place where ita being casted. 1s hammer 5 if thief run into it... Only blind thief would interrupt his DS into warding effects guardian have.

Guardian's hammer 5 lasts longer than 1 second, if that's what you meant. Also necromancer's spectral wall, elementalist's staff earth 4. I think guardian's shelter works too. You don't need to try and interrupt the thief with these, but you can avoid their elite skill with these.As to the means of counterplay: the farther you are from the thief and from your allies, the less hits you take from the dagger storm. The daggers are also considered projectiles, they can be destroyed.Edit: Oh, and druid's staff 5 makes the daggers heal you. And the thief can still take damage from retaliation.

@Airdive.2613 said:I didnt say its always happen. They get few heals ,few shadowsteps or few more daggerstorms right in your face...Alrdy had pleasure to witness 3 daggerstorms in a row.FUN!Guardian hammer 5 cast 1s I meant, kinda long so with 100% movespeed he will just spin away . Staff line of warding casting 1s as well and cant be repositioned . Who's playing stall eles? Shelter on firebrand(guardian), spectral wall on their necromancers?What you mean in SOME builds? Thief every build have deadly arts where improvisation lies and trickery by default (Shadow arts plebians are not considered)Thats not counter play ,more like advice . Run away from allies and those who can help...great

@"apharma.3741" said:Here's a tip for people having issues with dagger storm:

Projectile reflect or block completely nullifies the skill.You can likewise body block it with blocks and invulns shielding the rest of your team from it.

I specifically didn't mention projectile reflection because, as far as the wiki knowledge goes, thief's reflection is "stronger" in this case and keeps reflecting the reflected projectiles back at the enemies. Projectile destruction, on the other hand, works just fine.

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:

What you mean in SOME builds? Thief every build have deadly arts where improvisation lies and trickery by default (Shadow arts plebians are not considered)

Well, I used to run potent poison instead of improvisation and managed to reach platinum.

Thats not counter play ,more like advice . Run away from allies and those who can help...great

That is counterplay to the new skill. It was more like "focus the thief with all melee damage you've got", now it's different. No need to "run away", too, just keep a healthy distance.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:

What you mean in SOME builds? Thief every build have deadly arts where improvisation lies and trickery by default (Shadow arts plebians are not considered)

Well, I used to run potent poison instead of improvisation and managed to reach platinum.Congrats? What platinum rating means nowdays ?

Thats not counter play ,more like advice . Run away from allies and those who can help...great

That is counterplay to the new skill. It was more like "focus the thief with all melee damage you've got", now it's different. No need to "run away", too, just keep a healthy distance.Healthy distance? Its beyond 600 range away from thief himself with steroids called 100% movementspeed + crippling daggers that prevent you from keeping distance +++++++++ They bounce off allies/clones what not in range of 600 around themselves upon impact ,so 'healthy' distance would be 600 range away from thief and + 600 range away from any ally.You need 4s invul/block or 4s+ reflect to survive this and possible more DS right after that . This skill so bs so even DE now running it . Exhaust all your cooldowns and once you reach them without any left they DS on you... such comedy

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:

Healthy distance? Its beyond 600 range away from thief himself with steroids called 100% movementspeed + crippling daggers that prevent you from keeping distance

And if there's nothing to bounce off of, that's 1/2 damage to you.And if you lure the thief off the node they don't contest.And it's entirely possible for you to use your own important skills while the thief is locked into the animation (or is forced to end the skill prematurely).

+++++++++ They bounce off allies/clones what not in range of 600 around themselves upon impact

Don't spam clones and don't stack with your allies when you see a dagger storm.

,so 'healthy' distance would be 600 range away from thief and + 600 range away from any ally.

Not quite. The farther you are from the thief, the less daggers are fired at you.

You need 4s invul/block or 4s+ reflect to survive this and possible more DS right after that . This skill so bs so even DE now running it . Exhaust all your cooldowns and once you reach them without any left they DS on you... such comedy

I think reflection doesn't help.On the other hand, if you're dying to this skill alone, you have to reconsider your build/playstyle. It's a defensive ability with just "some" outgoing damage and soft control. It really doesn't do much damage on moving and/or single targets.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"apharma.3741" said:Here's a tip for people having issues with dagger storm:

Projectile reflect or block completely nullifies the skill.You can likewise body block it with blocks and invulns shielding the rest of your team from it.

I specifically didn't mention projectile reflection because, as far as the wiki knowledge goes, thief's reflection is "stronger" in this case and keeps reflecting the reflected projectiles back at the enemies. Projectile destruction, on the other hand, works just fine.

You can't reflect a projectile that's been reflected so if you reflect dagger storm it just does nothing because thief evades it. It's to stop infinite projectile reflection that could cause all kinds of problems.

@apharma.3741 said:

@apharma.3741 said:Here's a tip for people having issues with dagger storm:

You can't reflect a projectile that's been reflected so if you reflect dagger storm it just does nothing because thief evades it. It's to stop infinite projectile reflection that could cause all kinds of problems.

I’m pretty sure that’s incorrect. You can indeed reflect a reflected projectile, and you can in fact have an infinite reflection cycle.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

I’m pretty sure that’s incorrect. You can indeed reflect a reflected projectile, and you can in fact have an infinite reflection cycle.

You can't have infinite reflection cycle. I was however wrong you can indeed reflect a reflected projectile according to the wiki.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Reflect

@apharma.3741 said:

You can't have infinite reflection cycle. I was however wrong you can indeed reflect a reflected projectile according to the wiki.

You can have an infinite cycle.Theres a few videos out their that demonstrate it. Of course the number and intensity of cycles depends on the speed of the projectile, and the distance of the projectile in between the two sources where the reflection is happening.

So let’s say I have 2 gun flame wars with shields, if we are right next to each other and we’re able to pop shields before the projectiles land, we can for example, go through 100 cycles before one of us gets hit. If we sat at max range from each other, then maybe only 1 or 2 cycles will occur.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

You can have an infinite cycle.Theres a few videos out their that demonstrate it. Of course the number and intensity of cycles depends on the speed of the projectile, and the distance of the projectile in between the two sources where the reflection is happening.

So let’s say I have 2 gun flame wars with shields, if we are right next to each other and we’re able to pop shields before the projectiles land, we can for example, go through 100 cycles before one of us gets hit. If we sat at max range from each other, then maybe only 1 or 2 cycles will occur.

I posted the link to the wiki, here's the quote:

"Each projectile can only be reflected twice, after which they will go through any further reflecting effects unless they can also block projectiles."

If you have a video from 2017-2018 of something different I suggest you report it as a bug or post it.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@"tinyreborn.1938" said:

Healthy distance? Its beyond 600 range away from thief himself with steroids called 100% movementspeed + crippling daggers that prevent you from keeping distance

And if there's nothing to bounce off of, that's 1/2 damage to you.what?And if you lure the thief off the node they don't contest.Being crippled and trying to walk away from thief on speed boost ...wot? also while being evading everything for 4s he CONTEST pointAnd it's entirely possible for you to use your own important skills while the thief is locked into the animation (or is forced to end the skill prematurely).Only thing you can do is blink away

+++++++++ They bounce off allies/clones what not in range of 600 around themselves upon impact

Don't spam clones and don't stack with your allies when you see a dagger storm.You cant ask allies to not getting hit by daggers

,so 'healthy' distance would be 600 range away from thief and + 600 range away from any ally.

Not quite. The farther you are from the thief, the less daggers are fired at you.2 daggers less overall unlike you standing next to him ? Amount of daggers thrown would be increased if your allies/clones close to him

You need 4s invul/block or 4s+ reflect to survive this and possible more DS right after that . This skill so bs so even DE now running it . Exhaust all your cooldowns and once you reach them without any left they DS on you... such comedy

I think reflection doesn't help.On the other hand, if you're dying to this skill alone, you have to reconsider your build/playstyle. It's a defensive ability with just "some" outgoing damage and soft control. It really doesn't do much damage on moving and/or single targets.I dont die to this skill alone ? DE/ s/d thief can push your cooldowns and with DS drain all of them while he regain initiative and his cooldowns in safetyOverall I hate this dumb skill with passion . Dont let this recharge for free from improvisation and im fine with it

Archived