The support problem

Aramil.1480

They said there are no roles in this game, no trinity and you can play whatever you want... Truth is, you only can play as a dps... No matter how much I spam the healing, protective and support spells, there is no way a support character can help its team in this game.... or at least it feels like this way a bit.

I love support... There's a lot you can do to support that doesn't involve healing or protective spells..

• If you see someone getting focused you can pop in and AoE CC or take focus off them somehow.
  • You can use chill fields or forms of soft CC to help your allies kite better
  • Clear the conditions from allies
  • Support via utilities such as Auras (using static on the push and magnetic under range pressure)
  • Buffing allies overall damage (Ashes of the Just?) for example.
  • Helping your DPS land his burst by using immobilizes or CC on his target.
  • Rezzing your allies, seems most DPS specs won't even try due to how deadly cleave is.. Support builds should generally have a build capable of taking sustained damage.

Just a few examples, I'm sure others could help with more....

@Aramil.1480 said:They said there are no roles in this game, no trinity and you can play whatever you want... Truth is, you only can play as a dps... No matter how much I spam the healing, protective and support spells, there is no way a support character can help its team in this game.... or at least it feels like this way a bit.

Support like FB is the biggest game changer, most annoying meta in the current meta and most useful profession to the Team in this game with it's extreme heal and rez effectiveness.

Not pointing fingers as I don't play FB much at all myself, but you might be doing something wrong.

@sephiroth.4217 said:I love support... There's a lot you can do to support that doesn't involve healing or protective spells..

• If you see someone getting focused you can pop in and AoE CC or take focus off them somehow.
  • Support via utilities such as Auras (using static on the push and magnetic under range pressure)
  • Rezzing your allies, seems most DPS specs won't even try due to how deadly cleave is.. Support builds should generally have a build capable of taking sustained damage.

You forgot to mention boon corrupt, that is a form of offensive support.

@Axl.8924 said:

@sephiroth.4217 said:I love support... There's a lot you can do to support that doesn't involve healing or protective spells..

You forgot to mention boon corrupt, that is a form of offensive support.

Yea offensive support too like that and venoms...If you a DH you can always tether the DE or mirage with spear for the reveal, thats always helpful

Plenty of ways to support the allies

@michelada.2947 said:you can play support, but not even druid can achieve the rol of main healer

Well, it can, but i'd argue it gives up way more than it gains in the process> @sephiroth.4217 said:

I love support... There's a lot you can do to support that doesn't involve healing or protective spells..

Can also use projectile destruction/reflect to keep allies safe from ranged harass, scare the harasser(s) off, and typically also create a zone on the battlefield the melee don't want to stand in either.

Archived