[BUG] “1500” Range doesn’t Equal 1500 Range

Ranger 1500 range skills are bugged and damage from further than 1500 range, or Deadeye Kneeling skills are bugged and not hitting for 1500 range(Highly doubt Deadeye is bugged since the the Range Circle shown from kneeling was the range it would hit), Ranger was hitting from well over 300 units outside of the Deadeye Range Indicator.

Also quite a few “1200” Range Skills from Bows hit over 1500 Range.

Edited to clarify now after FrouFrou pointed out all Ranged skills have a 15% Buffer as stated in his linked post, Deadeye does not have this Buffer at all, this needs to be Corrected.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-en.guildwars2.com%2Fforum%2Fsupport%2Fbugs%2FList-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread%2Fpage%2F3%23post3750901

@Toolbox.9375 said:I knew this would come when Deadeyes found they didn't have the longest range. :( Don't kill my sniping... PLEASE... T_T

Ranger Skills say 1500 range they shoot further.... 1500 should be 1500. This is a bug and all bugs need fixed.

I don't even play Deadeye was just testing range when I saw someone mention Ranger skills were hitting from a lot further away than 1500 Range.

@FrouFrou.4958 said:One older topic where the dev says: “Intended. All ranged and melee skills have a 15% buffer range to take account for tracking.”https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/List-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread/page/3#post3750901

If that was the case then Deadeye Kneel skills would be able to hit the Ranger from those distances, but they don't, they are stopped at exactly 1500 range.

So by that post Deadeye's Range is what is bugged and need to be adjusted with the 15% buffer, since all ranged skills are supposed to have 15% buffer over their range.

@Neural.1824 said:How is it that suddenly, after 5 years, this is a world ending problem? As stated by FrouFrou, the ranged skills have a buffer. If the Deadeye skills are lacking this, then they are what needs to be fixed.

Did I say t was a huge issue or world ending? No I just stated the discrepancy either way it needs to be fixed and fun fact Ranger didn't have 1500 range for 5 years, it was introduced June 2015, #themoreyouknow...

And let's not forget this issue never existed before since Deadeye was implemented so two weeks ago..

Also you should read my last post before you posted I stated if they all should have the 15% buffer then Deadeye should have it as well.

Again I agreed with Froufrou that if that's the case Deadeye needs to be fixed with the buffer, I feel like I have to put that twice here.

Edit had to dig up the cached view of the Link to the 15% Buffer Range

http://web.archive.org/web/20170924094409/https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/bugs/List-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread/page/3

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 8 months later...

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:Ranger 1500 range skills are bugged and damage from further than 1500 range, or Deadeye Kneeling skills are bugged and not hitting for 1500 range(Highly doubt Deadeye is bugged since the the Range Circle shown from kneeling was the range it would hit), Ranger was hitting from well over 300 units outside of the Deadeye Range Indicator.

Edited to clarify now after FrouFrou pointed out all Ranged skills have a 15% Buffer as stated in his linked post, Deadeye does not have this Buffer at all, this needs to be Corrected.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/home/leaving?target=https%3A%2F%2Fforum-en.guildwars2.com%2Fforum%2Fsupport%2Fbugs%2FList-of-Mesmer-Bugs-Older-Thread%2Fpage%2F3%23post3750901

Still on the crusade after being told exactly what the differences are between arcing projectiles and straight projectiles? Gaile is the one who put up those "answered" tags and closed the thread btw...

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/37327/longbow-is-not-1500-range/p1

Are we honestly going to continue the complaints about ranger when a deadeye can function at 1,200 and 1,500 ranges while also given the build capabilities to perma-stealth, has the best mobility options and can hit like a truck?

@Swagger.1459 said:

@"BlaqueFyre.5678" said:Ranger 1500 range skills are bugged and damage from further than 1500 range, or Deadeye Kneeling skills are bugged and not hitting for 1500 range(Highly doubt Deadeye is bugged since the the Range Circle shown from kneeling was the range it would hit), Ranger was hitting from well over 300 units outside of the Deadeye Range Indicator.

Still on the crusade after being told exactly what the differences are between arcing projectiles and straight projectiles? Gaile is the one who put up those "answered" tags and closed the thread btw...

Are we honestly going to continue the complaints about ranger when a deadeye can function at 1,200 and 1,500 ranges while also given the build capabilities to perma-stealth, has the best mobility options and can hit like a truck?

Oh yeah? Tell me more, with an actual dev saying as such. Oh wait you can’t since there hasn’t been a Dev that has stated as such, nice try though.

Certain people might not want to let their personal bias showing.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Ranger 1500 range skills are bugged and damage from further than 1500 range, or Deadeye Kneeling skills are bugged and not hitting for 1500 range(Highly doubt Deadeye is bugged since the the Range Circle shown from kneeling was the range it would hit), Ranger was hitting from well over 300 units outside of the Deadeye Range Indicator.

Oh yeah? Tell me more, with an actual dev saying as such. Oh wait you can’t since there hasn’t been a Dev that has stated as such, nice try though.

"Personal bias" is on your end.

You are ultimately complaining about the distance of LB, but you conveniently keep forgetting that your main, Thief, has some of the best movement, gap closing and retreat skills. Also conveniently forgetting about all the stealth and evades that class has too... Dodge is a common skill too... Its easy to see your agenda about this topic...

You should familiarize yourself with these skills to deal with range...

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Steal

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Arrow

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Strike

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Return

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Shot

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadowstep

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Return

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infiltrator%27s_Signet

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Trap

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Destroy_Shadow_Trap

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Shadow_Pursuit

@Swagger.1459 said:

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:Ranger 1500 range skills are bugged and damage from further than 1500 range, or Deadeye Kneeling skills are bugged and not hitting for 1500 range(Highly doubt Deadeye is bugged since the the Range Circle shown from kneeling was the range it would hit), Ranger was hitting from well over 300 units outside of the Deadeye Range Indicator.

You are ultimately complaining about the distance of LB, but you conveniently keep forgetting that your main, Thief, has some of the best movement, gap closing and retreat skills. Also conveniently forgetting about all the stealth and evades that class has too... Dodge is a common skill too... Its easy to see your agenda about this topic...

You’re the only one bringing personal bias in, I just want an answer one way or another from the Devs.

Fun fact I haven’t actively played Thief in almost 2 years..... so yeah there’s that.

Again certain people shouldn’t let their bias show.

One more time show where a Dev has stated this is intended or not. I will wait, but I already know how this is going to turn out.

@BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

You’re the only one bringing personal bias in, I just want an answer one way or another from the Devs.

Fun fact I haven’t actively played Thief in almost 2 years..... so yeah there’s that.

One more time show where a Dev has stated this is intended or not. I will wait, but I already know how this is going to turn out.

Then let's ask people like @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 and @"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" to clarify shall we?

This is the answer you will get...

"Some of you have not been paying attention to the fact that these arcing arrows have been traveling farther since beta and launch...Comment from 2014...

Muscly_Geek• Mar 24, 2014, 2:21 PM

You prompted me to take a closer look. I can't find the Dev post that explained it, but essentially all arcing projectiles have a longer valid range than listed, in the sense that the projectile will hit instead of an Out Of Range error.

The projectile actually travels father than 1500 even if you're standing at 1500, due to the arc. If the projectile was only valid for 1500 (or with a slight increase to account for the arc when your target is at the same altitude), there would be instances where a target within range would nonetheless result in an Out Of Range error.

It's not so much a bug (as in an unintended error in the code), as a deliberate mechanic to accommodate the physics of the projectile, which results in a beneficial effect. It's been around since Beta, people are very aware of it, and ANet has given no indication that they intend to change it.”

@Swagger.1459 said:

Then let's ask people like @Irenio CalmonHuang.2048 and @Ben Phongluangtham.1065 to clarify shall we?

Already tried multiple times at least by tagging Karl and Ben in other posts on the same topic, and not a single answer sadly. Hopefully this time we get an answer one way or another.

The only reason I used the Deadeye and Ranger for this topic is that those two classes are able to most accurately showcase the issue/discrepancy to try and get an actual answer/dev statement.

Rangers - "The FIRST sharpshooter".
I like taking out WvW guard points and camp guards without being 'spotted'. Then switch back to the short bow.

'Asking' so STRONGLY is highly suggestive of an agenda. The numbers are a bit of acceptable error, kinda of like why RPG board games went to hexagons from squares. The total discrepancy for the model added up too fast. We just have fun and let Real-Life snipers worry about doing their job.

@"keenedge.9675" said:Rangers - "The FIRST sharpshooter".

I like taking out WvW guard points and camp guards without being 'spotted'. Then switch back to the short bow.

'Asking' so STRONGLY is highly suggestive of an agenda. The numbers are a bit of acceptable error, kinda of like why RPG board games went to hexagons from squares. The total discrepancy for the model added up too fast. We just have fun and let Real-Life snipers worry about doing their job.

No agenda, just want clarification because they have “1200” skills shooting further than 1500 skills and “1500” skills shooting much further than 1500 skills. And those aren’t small discrepancies in range.

Idk what world you are from, but from where I’m from 1500=1500 and 1500 is greater than 1200, but here we are.

There are 2 types of ranged skills in this game, arcing, and nonarcing. For example Warrior rifle has only nonarcing ranged skills, which means they are exactly the range they state. Arcing skills go up, then down, so Ranger LB 1, Warrior Pin Down, and they'll go slightly farther than the range they state as a result.

@Grimjack.8130 said:There are 2 types of ranged skills in this game, arcing, and nonarcing. For example Warrior rifle has only nonarcing ranged skills, which means they are exactly the range they state. Arcing skills go up, then down, so Ranger LB 1, Warrior Pin Down, and they'll go slightly farther than the range they state as a result.

Again please show the official source stating as such. Because currently there is nothing from a Dev stating as such on this forum, the old forums or on any videos from Anet.

Because currently we have skills hitting further than ones that are supposed to have significantly more range on top of equal supposed equal ranges hitting further, and not a single word from Anet on this discrepancy.

I'm not sure why you need some official source explaining something that should be obvious.

If an arcing projectile was programmed to travel exactly 1500 units, it would never hit anything at 1500 range.

That then, would be a bug. Therefore, in order to hit something at the listed range and avoid this bug, compensation must be made for the projectile's travel path. Clearly, this behavior is working as intended.

Archived