Kicking ppl from servers

Jski.6180

This is mostly a question to anet but it needs to be brought up. The new alliance system is going to let ppl play with there friends as they wish in wvw groups BUT it also lets ppl control how others act with in thoughts groups under the threat of kicking them what will be from the server. Playing the wrong class wrong build wrong way or talking in the wrong "ideal" will put you at the wants of the guild leader that you tided your self to for wvw game play.

Unless anet planes on locking ppl into groups making it impossible to kick ppl from these groups in wvw i cant see this new alliance system the end all be all culling of "playing as you want" of gw2 starting ideal.

Let's take this scenario:

Alliance A (fight- / meta-focused)B (fight- / meta-focused)

C (casuals that want to catch some butterflies)D (casuals that want to catch some butterflies)

E (night watchmen that play from 23pm to 7am)F (night watchmen that play from 23pm to 7am)

G (roamers / small havoc groups)H (roamers / small havoc groups)

(+ randoms that don't belong to an alliance)

I don't expect Anet to link A+B, C+D, E+F, and G+H. Instead, I would expect: A+C+E+G, and B+D+F+H.

Consequently, meta-players, casuals, roamers, randoms etc. will still have to arrange themselves. o_O

It seems to me, Anet doesn't want WvW to be competitive. Instead of GvG, Anet made a big-scale mode for the broad masses (that also pay this game), and wants ballanced worlds, not skill-based matchmakings and rankings. Ballance by server linking doesn't work well, because the modules (=whole servers), that Anet wants to puzzle with, are just too clunky. Anet said, they want smaller modules, with more granulation, that are easier to handle. That's the goal.

I don't think the goal is, that people with the same play style / goals / attitude can play together and exclude other ppl from their playground.

PS: but I share your sceptics about people getting kicked from their community, because some leaders decided so

once the server is created of a few alliances + guilds + solo players, i dont think they can kick you from the server. but kicking you out of the alliance means you might end up on a different server a few weeks later.do you want to force a larger group of players, that seemingly dont want to play with you, to be matched allways with you in a team?

Not sure what you're trying to say here.

Players cannot be kicked from a server, when a world is created with alliance guilds, solo guilds, solo players, those are all together for 8 weeks. The day to day interactions is not going to change from what it is today.

If you're complaining about getting kicked from a group or squad then that's no different than it is today, players have the option to play with whomever they want, as you have the same choice to do the same, including making your own group or squad if need be. There's no need for "forced" groups.

Players have the choice to join a guild for whatever reason including "letting you play whatever you want", they also can restrict what class or build their members play, if you don't like that you have the option to find another suitable guild.

Even if you leave a guild, you are on that world until the end of the world cycle, which again will be up to 8 weeks. I don't know why someone would want to stay in a guild if there's a major difference of opinion that can't be overcome anyways.

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Players cannot be kicked from a server, when a world is created with alliance guilds, solo guilds, solo players, those are all together for 8 weeks. The day to day interactions is not going to change from what it is today.It might even change for good. Now, there are ppl that throw toxicity at others, to make them leave the server. To make the whole server play "as they want to". This might take months, even years, but it seems, that some ppl go for that goal.

But if world compositions change every 8 weeks, there is no possibility for that behaviour to be successfull anymore. You have to arrange with your linking partners for that short duration.

@FogLeg.9354 said:Aww, did you see that big yellow one with red dots on the wings? That was pretty....xD Everytime I see butterflies, a power mirage shatter turns them into red damage numbers :/

So people that want this game to be so competetive and not casual like atm still exist :open_mouth:Imo, idc about kicking, but it shouldn't exist in alliance mode, too much bullying could appear. Dear ANet, why won't you eventually add GvG mode to this game (which is called G u i l d W a r s). We have only unbalanced PvP and casual WvW, we want more competetive stuff, not another plush teddy bear PvE Raid Wing...

When the Server is 90% full, its the guilds who deside who get on the server.

If you get kicked from a Alliance guild then next time the „reset“ happens (every 8 weeks i think) you should get moved to another alliance.

Which in my opinion is a good thing.

Why should a server have to carry someone who does not want to play with the team?

Edit: And i never understood the „play what you want meme“.

Its like a Football player wanting a job on a ship.

Doesn’t make sense.

Why do people think alliances and guilds share the same cap?

Because its the same thing as now. Alliances is just a second administrative layer to group guilds.

But just like how a guild leader can kick someone now for running the "wrong" class, alliances can kick for that too, yes. There is no difference.

And just like how that player would probably join another guild, that wants a player, he can do that under alliances too. And dont have to pay for transfer as he automatically gets moved to their alliance world after 8 weeks (max).

Players get more control over themselves. Isnt that what we what? If you dont want to get kicked for competetive reasons, dont join an competetive "hardcore" guild then.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Jski.6180 said:Playing the wrong class

I look forward to an entire alliance of Rangers. I can see it now... Map Q of Druids, Rangers and Soulbeasts. Maybe a few Thieves buzzing around too.

Funny thing is... thats entirerly possible. Your recruitment pool become all guilds on the entire world cluster, rather than just one world like now. Guilds can join that alliance from anywhere. No more transfer obstacle.

And in the same sense, I can see alliances recruiting specific guilds for certain roles. Maybe your alliance has a huge zerg core but no roamers? Just recruit a roaming guild. Give them some pride in their role to support the alliance.

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

@Jski.6180 said:Playing the wrong class

I look forward to an entire alliance of Rangers. I can see it now... Map Q of Druids, Rangers and Soulbeasts. Maybe a few Thieves buzzing around too.

Reminds me of a Guild our Guild fought multiple times.

That Guilds Dmg line were like 12 Rifle Berzerker.

We killed them purely with reflects.

It was hilarious.

@MUDse.7623 said:once the server is created of a few alliances + guilds + solo players, i dont think they can kick you from the server. but kicking you out of the alliance means you might end up on a different server a few weeks later.do you want to force a larger group of players, that seemingly dont want to play with you, to be matched allways with you in a team?

This is the bit they have to get right. Once matches are set, there cannot be movement among matches. If you change your elected wvw guild or w/e during a match, or if new accounts select an alliance, that change must wait until the next match to take effect, otherwise this entire revamp will be pointless . . .

@"Jski.6180" said:The new alliance system is going to let ppl control how others act with in thoughts groups under the threat of kicking them

Unless anet planes on locking ppl into groups making it impossible to kick ppl from these groups in wvw i cant see this new alliance system the end all be all culling of "playing as you want" of gw2 starting ideal.

If you want to join a team, you play what that group needs and how that team wants, otherwise stay away from them, and make your own group of special "play as you want" rule based group.

Play as you want, while letting others play as they want.

As about alliances, I just wish Anet would have a system where these "special snowflakes" who don't want to adapt to a group, but also don't want or can't create their own groups, are properly marked and divided evenly. Because too many of these will make any team weaker.In a team game one serves the team, if you want that team to succeed.

@Gop.8713 said:

@"MUDse.7623" said:once the server is created of a few alliances + guilds + solo players, i dont think they can kick you from the server. but kicking you out of the alliance means you might end up on a different server a few weeks later.do you want to force a larger group of players, that seemingly dont want to play with you, to be matched allways with you in a team?

This is the bit they have to get right. Once matches are set, there cannot be movement among matches. If you change your elected wvw guild or w/e during a match, or if new accounts select an alliance, that change must wait until the next match to take effect, otherwise this entire revamp will be pointless . . .Thats how they described it, yes,

With 2 months matchups (like relink now), the alliance world are "open" for 7 weeks (with transfer fees like now), then week 8 alliances lock down and then its relinked you get moved to your new alliance world.

If you join an alliance say week 5, you have to wait 3 weeks unless you want to pay for transfer. Free is probably how most would deal with it. Paid transfer would also still have population limits in place.

TL;DR nothing to handle, it works like now with the added option of free transfer (under the assumption that they keep paid transfer)

@enkidu.5937 said:

@"XenesisII.1540" said:Players cannot be kicked from a server, when a world is created with alliance guilds, solo guilds, solo players, those are all together for 8 weeks. The day to day interactions is not going to change from what it is today.It might even change for good. Now, there are ppl that throw toxicity at others, to make them leave the server. To make the whole server play "as they want to". This might take months, even years, but it seems, that some ppl go for that goal.

But if world compositions change every 8 weeks, there is no possibility for that behaviour to be successfull anymore. You have to arrange with your linking partners for that short duration.

The world composition changes as it is anyways with links switching out part of the population every 8 weeks. Things haven't changed there, people that are toxic will remain toxic because they like being toxic and surround themselves with toxic people.

People are blowing alliances out of proportion, alliances is going to do the exact same thing we have with links, except the pug population will now be move evenly distributed, the random players you will get is no different than the randoms from a link server.

The day to day interactions of toxicity and group kickings is not going to change, unless those hard cores finally quit the game. If anything they will now have a better chance to link themselves with guilds they are similar with, in a more easy fashion without having to spend gems all the time for transfers.

Most of the toxicity comes from either playing badly or playing a bad class for grouping, that's up to the individual to either fix or ignore.

@enkidu.5937 said:

It seems to me, Anet doesn't want WvW to be competitive. Instead of GvG, Anet made a big-scale mode for the broad masses (that also pay this game), and wants ballanced worlds, not skill-based matchmakings and rankings. Ballance by server linking doesn't work well, because the modules (=whole servers), that Anet wants to puzzle with, are just too clunky. Anet said, they want smaller modules, with more granulation, that are easier to handle. That's the goal.

I don't think the goal is, that people with the same play style / goals / attitude can play together and exclude other ppl from their playground.

PS: but I share your sceptics about people getting kicked from their community, because some leaders decided so

Anet doesn't want this mode to be competitive is right. All you have to do is ask yourself what is there to compete for?Rewards for winners - None, there is rewards for PARTICIPATION.. thats it.Personal or guild rankings - None.Server Rankings - Coming Soon (None)Server Rewards - None.Titles for winners - None.There is nothing about this mode that incites competition. It is what it is and that is all it will be. Might as well have fun with it :)

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:They can only kick you out of guild part of the alliance. They can't kick you out of server.

That IS going to be the server lol.

A single alliance is not big enough to become the sole resident of a server, said by anet.Also, even if they do become a sole resident, they can't kick you out the server either as the system doesn't work that way, no matter how you try to convince yourself it is.

Right but when your kicked from that group your more likely to be removed from that world. Its about power of removing ppl from groups and the conquest of it. Right now i am on a world and in a guild if i leave that guild i am still on that world. In the new system i am in a guild that happens to be on a world if i am kicked from that guild the world is no longer there to hold me to other groups and players.

@Jski.6180 said:

@SkyShroud.2865 said:They can only kick you out of guild part of the alliance. They can't kick you out of server.

A single alliance is not big enough to become the sole resident of a server, said by anet.Also, even if they do become a sole resident, they can't kick you out the server either as the system doesn't work that way, no matter how you try to convince yourself it is.

Right but when your kicked from that group your more likely to be removed from that world. Its about power of removing ppl from groups and the conquest of it. Right now i am on a world and in a guild if i leave that guild i am still on that world. In the new system i am in a guild that happens to be on a world if i am kicked from that guild the world is no longer there to hold me to other groups and players.

Still not the same as being out of the server.You should rephrase to being kicked out of that community.

@SkyShroud.2865 said:

Still not the same as being out of the server.You should rephrase to being kicked out of that community.

Very much is as now your no longer "locked" into that groups server. You may hang for a time in that group server but your effectually kicked out as the next swap will see you as solo or in another group. As well as social nomrls kicking in if your ousted from a group often you will not be able to play with ppl with in that group with out the other living in fear of getting kicked as well. As the "server" is build arone that group there is a massive amount of control by that group.

Archived