ArcDPS once again — Guild Wars 2 Forums

ArcDPS once again

Ok, I've installed this thing twice now. Both times, after using it for maybe a day, it becomes obsolete due to a patch, and when I re-install it simply isn't there. The UI doesn't display it. I have no idea if it's present in the background but I can't see it.
I'm not sure why it worked the second time, as I've made multiple attempts that failed in-between the two successful ones.

The files are all in place. What's the keyboard command for opening the UI? I can't seem to find any information on this (at least none that works).

Comments

• Turin.6921Turin.6921 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2018

Its alt+shift+t to bring up the menu.

the info is on the "how do it use it" section on the web site.

• Cyninja.2954Cyninja.2954 Member ✭✭✭✭

Alt+shift+t for opening the menu.

Alt+shift+H for toggling the invisible mode on and off which hides all arc windows.

• Biff.5312Biff.5312 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah I tried both of those - nothing doing.

• Khisanth.2948Khisanth.2948 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 23, 2018

If you use the -nopatchui command line argument then you need to put the d3d9.dll file in the main folder with the Gw2-64.exe file instead of the bin64 folder.

• DerJoker.9081DerJoker.9081 Member ✭✭✭

If you want to update ArcDPS, delete the d3d9.dll in the bin64 folder, delete the one in your download folder too and then download arcDPS's new d3d9.dll with the newest patch and copy it from your download folder into the bin64 folder.
    Launch game and it should work

@DerJoker.9081 said:
    If you want to update ArcDPS, delete the d3d9.dll in the bin64 folder, delete the one in your download folder too and then download arcDPS's new d3d9.dll with the newest patch and copy it from your download folder into the bin64 folder.
    Launch game and it should work

Maybe I didn't delete the one in my download folder. I'll try again tonight. Thanks.

• There are a number of scripts out there that you can setup to update your copy of ARC, without going through all the shenanigans. Most of them are setup to launch the game for you with whatever parameters you prefer. @deltaconnected.4058 even included a link to a google search to find them.

I use that because I got tired of being careful of keeping track which version was which and whether I updated to the correct folder and so on. Plus, I can just double click an icon now, so it's a lot faster.

"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."

I guess I can try that - Once again last night I deleted all existing files and dropped in the appropriate stuff; didn't work.

Really all I want is to compare different gear combos on my toons, and I think I can do that with the built-in data you can access with the training golem, so if this doesn't work I think I'm done.

• U know what should be amazing? an actualizable add-on manager, like payday-2 BTL Mod manager.

• @Droktex.5940 said:
    U know what should be amazing? an actualizable add-on manager, like payday-2 BTL Mod manager.

I know that's not your problem, but actually @Turin.6921 answered already. Im just saying :#

• this might be stupid to ask but did you close gw2 before you tried to update arcdps?

@wanya.1697 said:
    this might be stupid to ask but did you close gw2 before you tried to update arcdps?

Yes haha. Nothing that obvious.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.