@ANet, New Basenji and In-Game Voice-Effecsts (A good opportunity to fix Voice-Skills, etc.)

DonArkanio.6419

Hello everyone,

So the new Basenji pet item just dropped in the GemStore and I have some thoughts that I'd like to share with you.

In game we have some skills that use voice acting, Revenants having dialogues with their legends, shouts and other effects, f.e.:

• getting disabled results in our character occassionally talking
  • getting buffed
  • Warrior's Adrenaline is dropping
  • Necromancer summoning their minions
  • "I can outrun a centaur!" thing
  • Revenant dialogues
  • Shout - skills

What is my point?

We now have an opportunity to update / add or fix the missing voice-effects that could be added while creating new voice-effects for future pets.

MISSING:

• "To The Limit!" - Warrior's shout

BUGGED/ INCORRECT:

• (Charr and Sylvari) Revenants' dialogue with Shiro Tagachi.

• Shiro: What happened to the empire in my absence?

• Correct response (varying a bit from race to race) - They say Cantha expelled all non-humans and closed it's borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further.

• ON CHARR - Second sentence is written in the dialogue box above character but it doesn't actually say it at all. Only the first sentence.

• ON SYLVARI - The whole response is written in the dialogue box but Sylvari says - "It most certainly has."These are incorrect.

I think Revenants would also like to hear some new dialogues with their legends. - It's an opportunity!

Future updates. I would personally love to hear some new voice-lines added to work along the existing ones. There is plenty of room for our character to express itself a bit more and I think that Pets are a great opportunity for it.

We now have an opportunity to update / add or fix the missing voice-effects that could be added while creating new voice-effects for future pets.We do? What exactly changed this week?

Any voice acting for the whistle was done months ago, when the actors were available for the last round of LS story updates. The next time they are in the studio to record, they'll have another round of LS story updates. It's possible to ask them to cover more ambient/idle/combat dialogue, but it's not free.And keep in mind, this has to be done in five four languages, for 5 races, and two genders.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

We now have an opportunity to update / add or fix the missing voice-effects that could be added while creating new voice-effects for future pets.We do? What exactly changed this week?

Any voice acting for the whistle was done months ago, when the actors were available for the last round of LS story updates. The next time they are in the studio to record, they'll have another round of LS story updates. It's possible to ask them to cover more ambient/idle/combat dialogue, but it's not free.And keep in mind, this has to be done in five languages, for 5 races, and two genders.

I get what you mean, it's not easy at all. The thing is, voice content is very immersive, in my opinion. The more you invest in this kind of content the better. Creating new content is not an excuse to leave the blank spaces behind. Not for me. I think that the issues / things I've mentioned are somehow related to the gameplay. I'm not talking about the additional sounds for each class or race now. Just fix what needs to be fixed and then try to improve/update (add new sounds, etc.) the game on a solid base.

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:BUGGED/ INCORRECT:

• Correct response (varying a bit from race to race) - They say Cantha expelled all non-humans and closed it's borders long ago. After Orr rose, it was isolated further.

• ON CHARR - Second sentence is written in the dialogue box above character but it doesn't actually say it at all. Only the first sentence.

• ON SYLVARI - The whole response is written in the dialogue box but Sylvari says - "It most certainly has."These are incorrect.

I think Revenants would also like to hear some new dialogues with their legends. - It's an opportunity!

Uhm, I have never gotten any of that "idle dialogue". Does it only occur when you have the character feedback activated?

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@"DonArkanio.6419" said:
BUGGED/ INCORRECT:
  • ON SYLVARI - The whole response is written in the dialogue box but Sylvari says - "It most certainly has."
    These are incorrect.

Uhm, I have never gotten any of that "idle dialogue". Does it only occur when you have the character feedback activated?

Oh, then you gotta turn it up (I guess it's the feedback thing but I'm not 100% sure)! You'll experience some cool dialogues with the currently summoned legends. It occurs when you stand still for some time. This is great and I'd love it to be expanded, but first fixed.

Archived