Planning on starting to go above T2 on Fractals, need tips

Metal.3194

Ok so, i've been doing T1-T2 Fractals for a while now playing solely Power Daredevil, but, today, while doing Captain Mai boss, i noticed our team composition just wasn't good enough to be able to beat it, so i decided to transfer my infused trinkets to my chrono character. I noticed just how much faster, easier, and overall better it felt.

I currently have 2 Mist Talismans with no stats yet selected. I don't know whether to go Minstrel or Berserker.

I know Berserker is solely for boon chronomancer and Minstrel for healing + boon chronomancer.

Which type of Chrono should i focus on? Which is more valuable?

@"Hoodie.1045" said:Check snowcrows.com for the answers. It's a site dedicated to GW2 builds used in raids which is frequently updated. You can use those same builds for fractals as well.

Well that website shows another different build from the website i was using.

I really don't wanna start crafting the ascended gear without knowing which build is more valuable and needed.

@Metal.3194 said:Ok so, i've been doing T1-T2 Fractals for a while now playing solely Power Daredevil, but, today, while doing Captain Mai boss, i noticed our team composition just wasn't good enough to be able to beat it, so i decided to transfer my infused trinkets to my chrono character. I noticed just how much faster, easier, and overall better it felt.

I currently have 2 Mist Talismans with no stats yet selected. I don't know whether to go Minstrel or Berserker.

I know Berserker is solely for boon chronomancer and Minstrel for healing + boon chronomancer.

The best advice I can give you is to use another character if you want to take fractals seriously. My main is a daredevil. And I absolutely LOVE the daredevil. But it's a butt-cheeks class for fractals. I didn't want to admit it for a long time. And I really resisted the conclusion. But just do yourself a favor.

@Metal.3194 said:

@"Hoodie.1045" said:Check
for the answers. It's a site dedicated to GW2 builds used in raids which is frequently updated. You can use those same builds for fractals as well.

Well that website shows another different build from the website i was

I really don't wanna start crafting the ascended gear without knowing which build is more valuable and needed.

youre in luck. ascended stats are relatively easy to change out.

@Fallesafe.5932 said:

@Metal.3194 said:Ok so, i've been doing T1-T2 Fractals for a while now playing solely Power Daredevil, but, today, while doing Captain Mai boss, i noticed our team composition just wasn't good enough to be able to beat it, so i decided to transfer my infused trinkets to my chrono character. I noticed just how much faster, easier, and overall better it felt.

The best advice I can give you is to use another character if you want to take fractals seriously. My main is a daredevil. And I absolutely LOVE the daredevil. But it's a butt-cheeks class for fractals. I didn't want to admit it for a long time. And I really resisted the conclusion. But just do yourself a favor.

Yeah i know that. That's why i made this post. I've decided to go forward to T3 and T4 but with Chrono instead of Daredevil.

Staff daredevil is cool and all but his dps is just subpar compared to Weavers and such. Only good thing about it is that it's super easy to use (rotations are extremely simple) for an ok damage-output

Fractal crono is commander, harly anyone is using ministrel in fractals(I have seen only 1 so far but with another crono/comm). Don't know what is happening with build atm as sigil of concentration got nerfed. Cronos have to find a way for 100% boon duration, the obvious would be to change zerk to commander. Don't quote me on it.Maybe better ask in mesmers forum.

I strongly suggest going to https://discretize.eu. This provides a strong set of builds to run in fractals but also mechanics with regards to high level fractals which are applicable all the way down to t1 (excluding CMs to some extent). However if you want to ensure a good run the four following checks are useful. 1. Do you have the right gear to complete the content and carry your own weight? 2. Do you have the necessary consumables for progressing through content? 3. Do you understand your profession, the mechanics it excels at and do you have a practised rotation? (I would probably put this first as having a rotation down to the T means you can focus on mechanics, the last thing you want is you dying because you messed up your rotation) 4. If you feel you have satisfied the above open the lfg and find a group with whom to complete the fractals.

Remember, above all else, to be honest and respectful. In my books dishonesty = insta kick, if you state that you are new to the content and would like to learn people will understand and be more than willing to assist you. Be respectful by meeting the requirements of the lfg you enter but also when posting your own lfg to stipulate your requirements carefully so that people cannot weasel through things otherwise unspecified. This not only saves time for yourself but also others.

Goodluck!

If you want to ask any questions IG add me on Scapper.4236 (EU)

@Metal.3194 said:

Yeah i know that. That's why i made this post. I've decided to go forward to T3 and T4 but with Chrono instead of Daredevil.

Staff daredevil is cool and all but his dps is just subpar compared to Weavers and such. Only good thing about it is that it's super easy to use (rotations are extremely simple) for an ok damage-output

I don't think it's an issue of DPS, though they are a bit light on the utility end outside of Bas venom and stealth for skipping (which you don't need cause Chrono). It's more of a problem with having to bounce around everywhere to maximize DPS and survivability. There are lots of maps where bouncing around is bad because of terrain (Cliffside, Deepstone), boss mechanics (Cliffside end boss, Mai Trin) or enemy AoE (Twilight, Volcanic, Molten). While I can stand still and stack on my Guard, my Thief has to Q-Bert constantly, and it often ends poorly.

One suggestion I would make is do the Recommended's religiously to keep yourself stocked up on fractal potions and USE THEM. They make a huge difference especially in the lower tiers. Once you get toT4 you will be expected to use all 3 all the time.

Archived