sPvP matchmaking system

I've been spamming spvp for the last 2 seasons and i've played the game and generally spammed ranked but not for the full season cus i'd quit halfway through, however these last months are different cause i have nothing better to do.

The matchmaking is intentionally rigged to put you with absolute garbage players when you reach high elo so you can drop so you'd either "rage quit" or be forced to spam more games until you get a random trash team which isn't completely uncarriable to actually break through

i've had hundreds of games and at this point im pretty sure that arena net have intentionally put something that < if Player reaches X rating then he'll get matched with players below X rating (150+ and below lower ,and yes that happens on a daily basis) . The difference between 1750-1800 and 1600 is night and day, it's not even remotely comparable. 1600 is super low elo and people in there don't know basic things about their own class and how to combat and what goes for rotations and how to hold points/decap etc. People under 1600 can't play the game at all, people above 1600 can only more or less play mechanically their class and people above 1700 (generally speaking, not set in stone and obvious exceptions) can both play their classes and rotate and if you're a good player and are under 1.6k elo then you must be playing at night when or early in the morning where you'll always get downmatched with 1300s and below so it's impossible to do anything about it and you need to have 75%+ win rate to actually climb(cus u gain less than u lose), which is impossible cause when both teams are bad it's a coin toss of 50/50 and you can push it to 60/40 but 75% wr on high quantity of games at night elo/with low elo people is impossible currently

every time i reach 1780+- as a solo queue (because duo is infinitely much easier and if duo were removed then 10 out of the players in top 20 wouldn't make it even remotely close to where they are now) i get a really fast queue (that's how i know that its intentionally rigged, because normally the game tries to match you with decent people for 5-6 minutes and afterwards it matches you with whoever is available so if your queues get 6min+ long the chances are that you're getting down-matched with "scrubs") but once i reach 1780+ my queues become really fast and the players i get are literally unrecognizable scrubs. Non-regular people that can't play the game at all that are uncarriable and it's nothing more than a coin toss because the enemy team aren't very good either but if they destroy your team you still can't win the game by yourself and having 50% win rate at that elo isn't enough to climb (unless you get high enough times so that you pass the 50-50 needed to win 4-5 games in a row to get to leggo)

I don't have the best memory but what i do have good memory for is online names, i've been online since forever and generally can remember the names of people i've played with so i do check people's accounts quite often in ranked/unranked and if i get a game with 7+ people that i don't recognize cus they've never made an impression or i've simply never seen them then i know that it's broken. What's the point of matchmaking system if it matches 1800 ppl with 1600 and below ones? the quality of games and the difference at high elo and low elo is immense, it's not even the same thing any more

i'm aware the game isn't the most populated game ever but this has nothing to do with the population, like i said the game stops even trying to get you good players when you get high enough and starts putting just about anyone it can find, which is just stupid. I'm literally sitting at #7 or some spot and i get a guy that isn't even in top 250 who's writing some bs from the very start of the game and after the first fight starts flaming everyone despite being dead and bad himself?

Why would you intentionally break the queue? If anything there should be an extra checkup that lets you wait up to 8-9 minutes for a more strict matchmaking to get people closer to your elo instead of this happening by itself around minute 5-6 of queue or at any time when you're passing 1770

and disable duoing or reduce the rank gain for it cus its 300 times better than soloing to get to high elo (altho soloing is still fine as long as you only get matched with other high elo people, which you don't , hence me making this thread, cause this problem isn't as big for duos than it is for solo which is stupid).On top of all that you lose more rating when you're matched with bad people than you do normally ,which makes absolute no sense whatsoever. If you have 75-100+ rating lower ppl in your team and if you lose you should lose less and not more, who even came up with this logic in the first place?As it is right now it's almost sadistic towards players and it doesn't necessarily reward or show skill cus the flawed matchmaking leaves too much room for chance with random people who refuse to learn basics of the game

so guess what just happens? i get to 1799 then i get a fast queue matched with - FOUR RANDOM PLAYERS THAT ARE NOT PVP REGULARS THAT ARE NOT IN TOP 100

ZgVxGHj.jpg

and then the enemy has some regular pvpers that recognize me so they just end up zerging me and

uaCpq16.jpg

This right here is a sick joke and a mockery by arena net's staff. Why would you put a guy on his very first game in my team? This is a horribly designed matchmaking , its INTENTIONALLY BAD and it's made this way to punish people for playing your game. Playing rounds like this one is NOT fun and considering arena net does this on purpose it's literally sending out nothing less but sadistic vibes from whoever designed it to be that way

imagine going to play league of legends then being in challenger and getting matched with hardstuck gold players , the community would be in full outrage and rightfully so . I'm supposedly doing ranked games to get rating and to get higher quality matches but instead the highest quality matches that you can get in soloq in this game are actually when you're at 1.7k rating cus when you;'re at 1.8k if you don't duo you get matched with people that are not supposed to be on your elo at least half of the time

i mean people like gw2 and it's pretty much withstood the test of time but the game (or at least pvp scene/twitch movement) are nowhere nearly as big as they could be and that's because of things like this which is literally spitting in people's face

Archived