Player Vs Player Forfeit Option

GenerationX.9178

There are MANY times when 1 or 2 players decide to go AFK after the match hits 100-10, and we are forced to just feed them to finish it. I feel an option like this is amazing, or add an auto forfeit feature like Destiny 2, when you are getting smoked, it just ends it for you. Most all the rage I see is caused by losing, just let us get it over with quicker!

There really isn't anything to be gained by being forced to play with teammates that have decided the game is over. In most situations it always devolves into 1 or 2 people turning toxic and making a kitten out of themselves, saying really ridiculous, uncalled for things. It seems like Anet could make efforts to reduce toxic behavior in PvP by not forcing lopsided matches where one team is getting repeatedly decimated.

An option for a team by 4 votes to concede the match at a 200/250-point difference should exist (it's not an option at all until the threshold has been hit). In ranked, they could remove the winning team from advancing in rank to counter win-trades. You get your loot and XP and lose nothing.

Anet doesn't want another RED FF situation in any of their games if they can help it. This means that they've taken the extreme approach of having no FF option instead of a more robust one.

What they could have had was a majority vote to call the match with it requiring certain conditions be met like atleast 6minutes of match time, a score deficit greater than 200 points etc...

@"TexZero.7910" said:Anet doesn't want another RED FF situation in any of their games if they can help it. This means that they've taken the extreme approach of having no FF option instead of a more robust one.

What they could have had was a majority vote to call the match with it requiring certain conditions be met like atleast 6minutes of match time, a score deficit greater than 200 points etc...

This, right here. The best option. It's pretty much unexploitable because you can only play as a duo in Ranked, and to get a majority vote you need at least 3 "yes" or "no". There would be that last person to break the 2/2 vote split if such a situation occurred. There's also the fact that duos may disagree with each other.

Something else I may add: If a player DC's during the game, all it takes is two "yes" votes to call it a game.

Anet could also make some tracker that compares a players' top stats and rating to the team average, and assesses whether the player caused the team to lose or not. The results could end up with several outcomes for this player such as double rating loss from that game, or temporary Ranked timeout, and/or other options. One exception to this is if the said player DCs during a game long enough, their punishment won't be placed upon them.

No ffs no.

If you can't be bothered to pull your finger out, change strategies and readjust to the enemy just because things aren't going your way in the first 5 minutes, go play PvE. Then you can /gg to your hearts content.

Otherwise you are promoting the idea that quitting is acceptable and more crybaby bell ends will just go afk.

400-0 games are winnable. Maybe not probable but possible and it happens more than you (OP) probably think.

Dry your eyes, put your dummy back in and pick your toys up. There's another team of 5 humans who want to win as much as you and they aren't going to make things easy for you. Get back in and give 'em he'll!

@"Peutrifectus.4830" said:No kitten no.

If you can't be bothered to pull your finger out, change strategies and readjust to the enemy just because things aren't going your way in the first 5 minutes, go play PvE. Then you can /gg to your hearts content.

Otherwise you are promoting the idea that quitting is acceptable and more crybaby bell ends will just go afk.

400-0 games are winnable. Maybe not probable but possible and it happens more than you (OP) probably think.

Dry your eyes, put your dummy back in and pick your toys up. There's another team of 5 humans who want to win as much as you and they aren't going to make things easy for you. Get back in and give 'em he'll!

GOOD luck convincing a player that says "afk" and types /dance at the start of the game, and proceeds to insult the entire team. :smiley:

@"FitzChevalerie.1035" said:No thanks, will just lead to more people giving up after first team fight "just forfeit and requeue. game's lost its 0-20"There be conditions put in place so norrowminded people dont hit it at 0-20 . lioe the op said 0-300 an option should pop up to forfit. Or even 50-300if a 250 point lead happens then forfit pops. Why would there be anything less. Thinking there would be one at 0-20 is very narrowminded to the op post and point of view.

@Airdive.2613 said:

@tethyr.6513 said:In ranked, they could remove the winning team from advancing in rank to counter win-trades. You get your loot and XP and lose nothing.

Am I reading this right? You want to have a means of denying the winning team a win? This would bring grieving to a whole different level.Wouldn't effect other team. They would win and the forfeit team loses.

Please don't put a forfeit in. The only reason this would ever be beneficial is for pip farmers to move on to the next match asap, and they should not be catered for.

If you have a loser afking because the initial mid was lost or even just a dc then use the remaining match time for practice. Learning and new skill gain is your best reward in pvp, pips are secondary.

@Whitworth.7259 said:Please don't put a forfeit in. The only reason this would ever be beneficial is for pip farmers to move on to the next match asap, and they should not be catered for.

If you have a loser afking because the initial mid was lost or even just a dc then use the remaining match time for practice. Learning and new skill gain is your best reward in pvp, pips are secondary.

Totaly this.

The severe lopsided blowout matches that you are experiencing are mostly not due to the algorithm's match making. The algorithm isn't THAT bad 100% of the time. These mysterious 500 to 100 or less matches are mostly frequented due to win trading. Adding a forfeit option is not going to stop the win trading which I guarantee is the source of most of the blowout matches. In fact, it would encourage faster and more efficient win trades, making the problem worse.

I reference 500 to 100 or lower because that is the only ratio in which a forfeit option should even reasonably be considered. If players are complaining about 300 to 150ish situations, that stuff can turn around fast with a single lord kill or tranq cap. You guys need to stop giving up so easily.

I know it sucks, it's boring and a waste of time to sit and watch or play through a 500 to 100 or less match. But the community needs to identify the real source of the problem that is creating blowout matches and toss suggestions that would actually fix it, rather than tossing suggestions that will open up a can of worms on the game mode. Right now, giving up or AFKing or DCing is punishable and we still have people doing it. If you give them the full on option and right to give up, how many games do you think will actually be playable? How often will players even want to play a match? How often will you be in a game and see 1 or 2 guys give up whilst the others are wanting to still try, but now they are arguing about it? How often will 5 players on your team agree to even try in the match? <- Did anyone even consider any of this before supporting suggestions of a forfeit option?

If I were any of you, I would be much more concerned with encouraging Arenanet to do an actual hardcore ban phase for win trading and account sharing. I would also be more concerned with tossing suggestions about implementing more match making functions like "wait an extra minute or two to get more balanced team comps." These are the kinds of suggestions/discussions that will actually be productive towards cleaning up match quality. I'm telling you boys, a forfeit option will cause many more problems than you are realizing. It will only make match quality worse.

Not sure what q's you guys are pvping in... But ones I am in always full salt players who give up, afk and complain whole time....Tried of having to sit threw and read chat that's meant to be beneficial for team communication...To be honest yes I want option to quit and move on. I agree once while you turn game but those are not the games where guy afk's and talks smack to the whole team.

Not to mention you will have to vote on it so it majority....

@"Trevor Boyer.6524" said:The severe lopsided blowout matches that you are experiencing are mostly not due to the algorithm's match making. The algorithm isn't THAT bad 100% of the time. These mysterious 500 to 100 or less matches are mostly frequented due to win trading. Adding a forfeit option is not going to stop the win trading which I guarantee is the source of most of the blowout matches. In fact, it would encourage faster and more efficient win trades, making the problem worse.

I reference 500 to 100 or lower because that is the only ratio in which a forfeit option should even reasonably be considered. If players are complaining about 300 to 150ish situations, that stuff can turn around fast with a single lord kill or tranq cap. You guys need to stop giving up so easily.

I know it sucks, it's boring and a waste of time to sit and watch or play through a 500 to 100 or less match. But the community needs to identify the real source of the problem that is creating blowout matches and toss suggestions that would actually fix it, rather than tossing suggestions that will open up a can of worms on the game mode. Right now, giving up or AFKing or DCing is punishable and we still have people doing it. If you give them the full on option and right to give up, how many games do you think will actually be playable? How often will players even want to play a match? How often will you be in a game and see 1 or 2 guys give up whilst the others are wanting to still try, but now they are arguing about it? How often will 5 players on your team agree to even try in the match? <- Did anyone even consider any of this before supporting suggestions of a forfeit option?

If I were any of you, I would be much more concerned with encouraging Arenanet to do an actual hardcore ban phase for win trading and account sharing. I would also be more concerned with tossing suggestions about implementing more match making functions like "wait an extra minute or two to get more balanced team comps." These are the kinds of suggestions/discussions that will actually be productive towards cleaning up match quality. I'm telling you boys, a forfeit option will cause many more problems than you are realizing. It will only make match quality worse.

Honestly people will win trade if they want to. It may be only game but it like the world it’s never going to be fair. There will always be loop holes.

@GenerationX.9178 said:Not sure what q's you guys are pvping in... But ones I am in always full salt players who give up, afk and complain whole time....Tried of having to sit threw and read chat that's meant to be beneficial for team communication...To be honest yes I want option to quit and move on. I agree once while you turn game 360 but those are not the games where guy afk's and talks smack to the whole team.

Not to mention you will have to vote on it so it majority....

Turning 360 will end up in the same direction, maybe you meant 180?

Archived