Hall of Monuments reward points - 2 points to easily to get?

mrauls.6519

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You get 3 points for linking your gw1 and your gw2 accounts. You do need to have both Eye of the North and one campaign. I’m not sure if you need to visit the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 1 before you can get the rewards though.

I just bought GW1. It auto linked my account I think... Since it's the same email. I'm confused now haha

Do you already have a GW1 account? If so:

• Linking it to your GW2 account would grant 3 pts if you haven't done that already.
  • Adding any statue also grants 2 points.

• If you have one or more characters that would have birthday presents waiting to be opened for each year they've existed, these gifts would contain random minis. If you have not already, you can add any minis you get to your Hall of Monuments to get several points.

With people still active in the game looking to sell off their own minis for a price, you could potentially acquire enough to gain the needed points from adding minis to your Hall of Monuments for very little coin if any.

• 1pt - Any Miniature Statue
  • 1pt - Rare Miniature Statue
  • 1pt - Unique Miniature Statue
  • 2pts - 20 Miniature Statues
  • 1pt - 30 Miniature Statues
  • 1pt - 40 Miniature Statues
  • 1pt - 50 Miniature Statues

If you also have various heroes, pets and companions acquired, more points can be gotten quickly from them.

• 1pt - Any Hero Statue
  • 1pt - Any Pet Statue
  • 1pt - Any Rare Pet Statue
  • 2pts - 5 Companion Statues (Full Display)
  • 1pt - 10 Companion Statues
  • 1pt - 20 Companion Statues
  • 1pt - 30 Companion Statues

• If your characters have been played enough to acquire full armor sets, those can be added in your HoM as well for a quick point or two.

• There are many more that may or may not be quick to acquire depending on what you've already accomplished. Check https://hom.guildwars2.com/en/ and enter a character name from your account to see how much more would be needed to advance one or more of the HoM areas to acquire a few points.

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:You get 3 points for linking your gw1 and your gw2 accounts. You do need to have both Eye of the North and one campaign. I’m not sure if you need to visit the Hall of Monuments in Guild Wars 1 before you can get the rewards though.

I just bought GW1. It auto linked my account I think... Since it's the same email. I'm confused now haha

Do you have both Eye of the North and one campaign?

When I linked my accounts I had to do it on the accounts page. It wasn’t automatic.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Do you have both Eye of the North and one campaign?

When I linked my accounts I had to do it on the accounts page. It wasn’t automatic.

I believe another step toward successfully linking the accounts is to actually visit the Hall of Monuments in GW1 and talk to the attendant at the gate when you enter and have them change from displaying only the character's monuments to displaying all of the monuments for the account. If it is on character display instead of account display then I think it breaks the linking, or did at one time in the distant past.

I can confirm you do need to visit the Hall of Monuments in GW1 after linking accounts to activate the rewards.

Note that to get to the hall you need a level 10 character (minimum, level 20 ideally, although there's not much combat on the way) with a secondary profession and you need to get to your campaigns main city (Lion's Arch, Kaineng Center or Kamadan). Levelling up is quickest in Factions, but Nightfall is probably a better choice because then you get to Kamadan almost immediately and you get some heroes who can help you. (You'll also get 2 heroes during the quest to get to the Eye of the North.)

By the way when you add things to the Hall you'll need to log out of GW1 for the calculator and GW2 to update.

Archived