Multi-Role Holosmith Build

Dace.8173

Trait ChangesLong-fuse Powder Pack vs Streamlined Kits: Loss of offensive pressure, free skill when fighting at range.Invigorating Speed vs Protection injection: Loss of vigor uptime so loss of 10% damage modifier.Static Discharge vs Power Wrench: Static Discharge is more effective with Particle Accelerator, but essentially damage vs utility here. Static discharge also goes off when turning on and off holo.Adrenal Implant vs Kinetic Battery: "Always on Vigor" without the damage bonus vs a proc with quickness and superspeed, the former doesn't match well with the typical holo build.Crystal Config Zephyr vs Eclipse: Probably the most interesting change, giving out superspeed vs the stability, this build really lacks which is a big problem.

Kit ChangesToolkit vs Photo Wall: utility vs offense, photo wall lets you go offensive while blocking, but has a much higher cooldownElixir gun vs Elixir U: a stun break and some condi clear + a blast finisher vs stability and quickness.

Generally I would say I think the build is unoptimized, the lack of stability and vigor are big tradeoffs the other things not as much.

There are some useful options in there, but I think the implementation may be off.

I wrote that build, its fun but the lack of stability is a problem in many duels and teamfights. I'm currently testing out a version with stability: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh6rYJXwdLQ+FLTGW42JZMWEfGFgAQfHcEeCB-j1xHAB2pEcn9HES5HAPAAlvAAvr+jX6AmHEAsAgVVqqqKpAMToF-w

CallousEye.5018 made a good list of choices one has to make for oneself. I just like eg and toolkit too much and thats why I try to theorycraft a build with those. Elixir S (+Toss) seems to be the only utility skill that can provide enough defensive utility which allows me to slot 2 utility kits at the same time.

other important choices imo are:-Tools traitline + Healing turret vs Inventions traitline + Elixir H-Source of stability: Elixir U vs Crystal Configuration Eclipse (or both)(so many options it's not the same build anymore)

@"santenal.1054" said:I wrote that build, its fun but the lack of stability is a problem in many duels and teamfights. I'm currently testing out a version with stability: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlcTh6rYJXwdLQ+FLTGW42JZMWEfGFgAQfHcEeCB-j1xHAB2pEcn9HES5HAPAAlvAAvr+jX6AmHEAsAgVVqqqKpAMToF-w

CallousEye.5018 made a good list of choices one has to make for oneself. I just like eg and toolkit too much and thats why I try to theorycraft a build with those. Elixir S (+Toss) seems to be the only utility skill that can provide enough defensive utility which allows me to slot 2 utility kits at the same time.

other important choices imo are:-Tools traitline + Healing turret vs Inventions traitline + Elixir H-Source of stability: Elixir U vs Crystal Configuration Eclipse (or both)(so many options it's not the same build anymore)

Aaah, ok. Thanks.

Archived