Dead Eye needs Rifle improvements

Trevor Boyer.6524

During my PoF completion on week 1, I had decided to use Dead Eye. It was great and it was fun! But there were a few problems I noticed with its rifle skills that need improvements. I resorted in using my S/P much more often than Rifle because of the mob cleave and it was plainly higher DPS even against single targets. The Rifle should be dealing more single target DPS than anything else considering it can't even pierce or cleave with AoE. When a specialization is completely designed around a weapon like Rifle, people want to use that weapon as the primary weapon and not just something they resort to using against a powerful boss or large mob they don't want to get close to. At this point, a Shortbow #2 bomb spam will render far higher DPS than the Rifle and that's AoE even. Rifle needs some buff. A few ideas to balance out Rifle play:

• The initiative cost on Rifle skills is WAY too high. I can spam black powder shot and pistol whips for enormous DPS without every bottoming out on initiative but the Rifle skills just chew initiative in to bottoming out immediately, rendering players stuck #1 spamming too often, which = terrible DPS. Initiative costs need to be toned down.
  • Either damage or attack speed needs to be increased with #1 spam. The #1 spam is ridiculous bad DPS in comparison to other weapons in the game.
  • Add in some more pierce to Rifle weapon skills or maybe add pierce to a trait. It really needs it if it is designed to be a primary weapon on a specialization class.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:During my PoF completion on week 1, I had decided to use Dead Eye. It was great and it was fun! But there were a few problems I noticed with its rifle skills that need improvements. I resorted in using my S/P much more often than Rifle because of the mob cleave and it was plainly higher DPS even against single targets. The Rifle should be dealing more single target DPS than anything else considering it can't even pierce or cleave with AoE. When a specialization is completely designed around a weapon like Rifle, people want to use that weapon as the primary weapon and not just something they resort to using against a powerful boss or large mob they don't want to get close to. At this point, a Shortbow #2 bomb spam will render far higher DPS than the Rifle and that's AoE even. Rifle needs some buff. A few ideas to balance out Rifle play:

• The initiative cost on Rifle skills is WAY too high. I can spam black powder shot and pistol whips for enormous DPS without every bottoming out on initiative but the Rifle skills just chew initiative in to bottoming out immediately, rendering players stuck #1 spamming too often, which = terrible DPS. Initiative costs need to be toned down.
  • Either damage or attack speed needs to be increased with #1 spam. The #1 spam is ridiculous bad DPS in comparison to other weapons in the game.
  • Add in some more pierce to Rifle weapon skills or maybe add pierce to a trait. It really needs it if it is designed to be a primary weapon on a specialization class.

...and remove the 1s cooldown on his Cursed Bullet

Archived