Fortifying Bond + Soulbeast Not Working? (Quickness)

Mr Greggles.5908

Hey Guys,

I've noticed that Fortifying Bond doesn't give an additional boon to the Soulbeast after applying them to himself (quickness mainly), is this intended? I could've sworn it did this correctly in the past, or has it been nerfed since and I just didn't pick up on that somehow?

For example (Quickness): Quickening Zephyr (6.96s) + Fortifying Bond (2.9s) = Total (9.86s)

This happens for any quickness application by the way.

I factored in the base 240 concentration (16% Boon Duration) into the numbers, but from what I can see it only gives the 6.96s, thus Fortifying Bond is not working on Soulbeast (at least for quickness). If anyone can verify this as well, we can hopefully get a fix for it soon. If I missed something in previous patches out it, feel free to tell me.

EDIT: I did the testing in the Special Forces Training Area, if that matters.

Also, an additional note: I'm looking for dedicated ranger mains (mostly PvE focussed) to test some 5man Soulbeast comps for dungeons/fractals. Or in general just looking to make a pure ranger guild (I think there was one in the past, but I don't know where that all went).

Thanks =).

Well from what I understand, it is supposed to work the same way for all boons, when melded as if the soulbeast were the pet itself, however, that appears to not be the case in a variety of circumstances.

For example: When finishing off an auto attack chain on sword, you apply 1 stack of might to the pet for some duration, which does indeed work as expected and applies 1 stack of might to the beastmode/melded soulbeast.

However, certain applications of quickness like quickening zephyr do not proc it while melded. Now that could be a case because there may have been recent changes to QZ, but forgive me if I'm not on the ball for every little thing.

I remember a time where it worked differently, perhaps too well. Where every application of a boon on the Soulbeast counted as an application to the pet as well and thus procced Fortifying Bond every time, regardless of the boon.

Could we get some insight please as to the specifics of how this trait works, devs? It isn't clear in my opinion which conditions must be met to correctly interpret the proc of this trait, especially in regards to a melded soulbeast (and I've been around a very long time and done plenty of "off-meta" buildcrafting).

Thanks, still hoping to hear from some experienced rangers on this matter.

Archived