My little class crisis

Lucas.3718

Hi everyone

as the title says, there is one point that bothers me ( and maybe some other people as well), and this time it isnt about "what class should i play, following these criteria (not entirely) but more about a more personal vs comunity thing. i am talking about the chrono and how wanted he is and ooohh boy he is wanted everywhere. almost every content i want to do in pve beggs for a chrono. even if some might say a chrono is overkill, still there is no day i wanna do fractals and i dont read at least one group looking for a chrono alone. and there i sit as a guard main and tell myself "sigh* well if the community begs so hard for a chrono maybe i should be one... no one will cry over you... you will get all the legendaries all the groups... content all. but you will be stuck with this class if you wanna do ad infinitum, the shining blade... legendary armor and so on. but is it realy worth giving up you all time main for being 110% accepted ?"and here is the dilemma. should i reroll to chrono or stay true to my main? any opinion?

thanks ahead :)

The stream of time flows. When we look into it, we see what is now. We can look a little into the past and guess what will be in the future, but nothing really reliable.

My favourite example for the rise & fall of a class is the Revenant. It was designed and praised to be the best in everything. When it was released it was the better buffer, the better damage dealer, the better healer ... and today? Today the Chrono is mostly considered the best class in everything. There is still no serious alternative for boon-sharing, even after the sigil of concentration nerf. It is an excellent tank, awesome dps and some even claim it can heal almost as good as a druid.

We are one group of the community, those who have one main-character. We picked it once, long time ago and enjoy playing it until today. When the balance patches arrive, there is not much to bother. We always find a way to make the best out of the situation. Nerfs are challenging, buffs are welcome nonetheless. Why change?

You main a guardian, which is an awesome and well balanced class. It can do very good damage, has awesome sustain and the capability of a real support-class and imho even a rivalry to the druid. It is a versatile class, a reliable one. Whenever I go on my guardian, I almost laugh of joy about all the fascinating trait-options, tons of synergies and nearly endless possibilities. If there was no engineer, I would play guardian as main for sure.

A friend of mine did what you think about. He changed his main to a chronomancer and became a very skilled one - even capable of soling t4 fractals. Happy? Not really. You get the feeling of being needed and accepted, but not for what you enjoy. It may cause an even greater crisis. Especially if you cannot enjoy your new class from the inside. You probably know what I mean by that.

I will not move away from my Scrapper, until ANet pulls the plug. They can overpower the Hollowsmith a million times, I do not care. I play it as long as I enjoy the game, although people recommend me to play ANYTHING BUT THAT ^^.

Trust in your abilities and the skill and experience you acquired. Heroes rise and fall. Stay true to your convictions and do what you enjoy, not what others believe to be useful.

Don’t you have two character slot for a chrono in 2nd slot?

Guardian is fine if your go Firebrand healer or DH DPS... it’s has some of the best contributions and most raid groups would allow if they have another chrono already :P

i have 11 chars that includes guardian and chrono.. chrono is an army itself... whole team may be downed but it can outlive and revive everyone

@Buran.3796 said:

@"Lucas.3718" said:

and here is the dilemma. should i reroll to chrono or stay true to my main? any opinion?

Yes. Always.

Should i reroll or stay true to my main?"yes"You do realize that this is no answer at all, right?

Id say stick to your main. Guard isnt that useless as far as i know. Maybe someday anet will be a bit more brave with their balance patches and change more than just tiny numbers in single spells for each class which may lead to a meta change. Who knows.

Or if ppl complain more about how broken mesmer and his especs are they wikl do something about it. One can still dream ^^

Agree with "HnRkLnXqZ.1870".

Tl;dr,Personal experience here. Everyone started with something and try something else that looks/sounds interesting later. I started as a mesmer coincidentally, was my first and longest main character. Got tired of the same routine one day. Went through lots of class and sticking on ranger atm (after noticing I swapped back and forth to this class the most). Still love my mesmer and having the presence of one in group, just a different feeling when I'm required to play the class.

Conclusion,Imo play what you like, it's personal oppinion for sure as you can see every class profession have players defending it. Surely some class can out perform yours but instead of comparing what your current class is weak at, try to improve, amplify and focus on what it's good at. Try to make it work; with the help of another class if necessary.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Lucas.3718" said:

and here is the dilemma. should i reroll to chrono or stay true to my main? any opinion?

Yes. Always.

Should i reroll or stay true to my main?"yes"You do realize that this is no answer at all, right?

Yes, she always should to reroll to Mesmer in this game except maybe if his main is a Guardian, which is a decent alternative which, as the Mesmer, is always relevant in each game mode.

Game balance is a fickle mistress. You can never count on one class staying overpowered or underpowered for too long. There was a time when mesmers were one of the worst classes in the game. They couldn't cleave, they had bad ramp up, thieves were faster and more powerful, etc. Sometimes the nature of the game changes. Sometimes the classes get buffed or debuffed. Either way, things change.

It pays to diversify. Having multiple characters is a boon.

It depends on what do you want to play. If you want to play boon support you absolutely should switch to chrono. If you are more interested in healing support then you should pick druid.

I mained healer firebrand for long time. Never had any real issue doing content. But the thing is that community is filled with people who don't even understand other classes and just demand meta compositions. I got tired of all the "Chrono+Dudu" and simply decided to change my main.

I won't really tell you that you should play what you enjoy because if the class you enjoy conceptually doesn't fit you mechanically you don't really have anything to fully enjoy in the first place. At the end of the day you should ask yourself if what you play is making you feel frustrated or do you enjoy it. Unfortunately, this game has very rigid meta. If the way people demand that you play your profession doesn't fit you, you should find some other profession.

Another thing to note, guardian works well with revenant. I dont have any numbers on this, but I have always felt like revenant is least played class. So that might also factor in. If demand for your class is dependant on least played profession then its understood that people will stick to already traditional support combo

Archived