Guild usurpation

Julian.9473

Hello, I don't know if it's the right place to post this, but my guild has a problem with the leader.The original leader died irl, so we had to determine who will take the leadership.His wife has access to his account, and decided to give the leadership to an officer.But this officer kicked almost all the other officers, and now he kicked a lot of veteran players in my guild.We don't know what to do to get back our guild. We would like to give back the leadership to the wife.Is it possible ?

If your complaint is fairly universal in the guild, just form another one and move on. You'll have most of the members less the problem. This might be the solution if your problem is more limited in scope, but there will be more work.

Then there is the option of just leaving and joining another.

I'm sorry about your leader's death.

Unfortunately, as @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" wrote, ANet doesn't get involved with "guild politics." It's nearly impossible for them, as outsiders, to be able to figure out what is fair or unfair. In this case, if Fred died and Wilma (his wife) promoted Barney (a trusted friend), then as far as ANet is concerned, Barney is the one who gets to decide on the guild's future, its membership, the use of the hall, etc.

For others reading, that's why I always recommend that any large guild have several layers of ranks, so that if the GL becomes unavailable for any reason, that they have trusted lieutenants already in place who can pick up the slack. GW2 mechanics allow for a clear succession plan to be implemented before something goes wrong.

Archived