Caladbolg

Zander.9836

I completed the Knight of the Thorn achievement when that content was released. I exchanged the sword for a shield with Ridhais long ago. I now would like to exchange it again but Ridhais is not giving me the option to. Calabolg Astera is in my inventory. He even has the intro dialogue started which makes me think this character hasn't completed the achievement but it's the only character I have that has Ridhais in their home instance. Yes, I have the title. I remember playing this character the most back then. I am unable to determine why Ridhais is not giving me the option to exchange the ascended shield for another weapon. Any ideas? Thanks so much everyone.

After you done The Sword Regrown achievement (just need 1 weapon out of the 5), you will get another mail after the daily reset asking you to visit Omphalos Chamber at the Grove.

Make sure you have waited 1 day before trying to exchange. I remember this to be the case for me too way back. Basically you can not exchange your Caladbolg ascended on the same day you completed the questline.

Hmm, as @"Khisanth.2948" said, maybe you completed the achievement with another character. The wiki says:"You may change the form of Caladbolg you selected for 1,000 Unbound Magic by speaking to Ridhais in your home instance. Unlike during this achievement, she will not be at the entrance."So you may be able to figure out if the character you are using is the one who completed the achievement the first time or not, depending on Ridhais' position: if she's at the entrance, try another character.

@Urud.4925 said:Hmm, as @"Khisanth.2948" said, maybe you completed the achievement with another character. The wiki says:"You may change the form of Caladbolg you selected for 1,000 Unbound Magic by speaking to Ridhais in your home instance. Unlike during this achievement, she will not be at the entrance."So you may be able to figure out if the character you are using is the one who completed the achievement the first time or not, depending on Ridhais' position: if she's at the entrance, try another character.

I intended to reply earlier but I've been so busy with work. I figured it out late last night and this was it.

Archived