PvE build and equipment sandbox area

I'd be interested in seeing an instanced sandbox test area added to PvE where we could have temporary access to ascended level weapons, armor, and trinkets, and also free access to all runes and sigils. The area would allow for generation of monsters or golems to fight that would either fight back, or sit still and take the hits. I know there are similar things in heart of the mists, but that appears to be more PvP focused and only for what you've unlocked. I'm more interested in theory crafting and testing for PvE. What brought this to mind was after the recent rune/sigil patch, I thought it might be fun to test out a build idea that would require new stats on my (ascended) armor, a few new trinkets, and about 40g worth of new runes. The re-gearing cost just to try out an idea that sounded fun but might not have any real viability once I tried it out wasn't worth it. What I would have really liked was to go into the "sandbox" area, put on the gear with new stats, equip those different runes, and test out the idea. If it didn't work, exit the sandbox and I'd be back to my normal equipment. And if the idea worked, I could put the time and gold into buying some new equipment.

I really like this idea!

I like making my own builds and it would be extremely helpful to have a way to test them and see how they work, even in controlled conditions, before committing to spending all the gold/time actually getting the upgrades.

Maybe it could be added to the current DPS test golem area off the raid lobby in Lion's Arch (which does have a lot of unused space).

Archived