Is there any chance to give current instruments accidentals? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Is there any chance to give current instruments accidentals?

A lot of music uses accidentals to play tunes. However, this cannot be done on our current instruments so our tunes sound off. Is there any chance to give our current instruments accidentals (most notably the #C #F and flat A)?

Tagged:

Comments

• Hi Aaralyna, good question, it is an item on our own audio "wish list", so it's been discussed. But there are no plans to do this at this time.

Jason Wolford
    Lead Sound Designer

• Samug.6512Samug.6512 Member ✭✭✭

I mean, we already have F1-F5 in the game and there's 5 accidentals... Pretty pretty please?

[NUKE]

• This is something I've been wanting as well.
    Fibbing it only goes so far.

But the real tricky bit is taking the 5 octaves most songs use and compressing them into 3.

Nellium; Musical Macro Maestro Mesmer

• hugo.4705hugo.4705 Member ✭✭✭✭

Yeah we really should have # Notes, we already have F1-F5! Why not recording someone playing rock bass etc.. C#, D#, F#, G# and A#? Then associating the sounds with F1-F5, dunno, is it difficult to program?

+++In creative mood. New Engie Elite spec' , Housing , New asuran expansion , Designing a new lounge , New GameMode
    +++NEW: AEP Asuran Expansion Project available on WIKI.
    +++New: GEM GW2 Exploration Map: Discover unusual places around tyria: Here (OSM map)

• @hugo.4705 said:
    dunno, is it difficult to program?

Considering they buggered up the instruments in the last patch, my guess is yes.

Nellium; Musical Macro Maestro Mesmer

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.