Superior Rune of Rage?

Jeknar.6184

As of the last patch notes: Superior Rune of the Pack: The duration of the boons granted by the 6-piece bonus of this rune set has been reduced from 10 seconds to 8 seconds. The cooldown has been returned to its previous duration of 30 seconds, and it will now trigger while in combat rather than upon entering combat.

We're glad you made Rune of the Pack useful again, but why Rune of Rage didn't receive the same treatment? Just because it's not a popular rune? Please make Superior rune of Rage also trigger while in combat instead of when entering it.

@"Undertow.2389" said:I like the "upon entering combat" runes about as much as I like the "vs specific enemy type" runes; that is, not at all.

but those sigils now have a +3% vs everything so they are at least a bit more useful.

@Jski.6180 said:I dont get it why are rune of the pack treated different then the other combat runes a lot of them are worthless because of the last update.

a lot? =_=

there were a total of 3, now there are 2

pack's effect is on the (6) while the other two is on the (4) so maybe that is the difference

@"Linken.6345" said:those arent runes tho arent that the weapon sigils?

Ya my mistake, but it is the same reason. I can't stand things that are slightly better in one specific situation, but feel like they do a lot less in others. Runes of Rage used to be a good "I need a source of fury in my build, because it lacks them" rune, now it's only a "I need more fury than I already can give myself when out soloing easy open world mobs" rune. At least pack will be somewhat decent again.

@Khisanth.2948 said:

@"Undertow.2389" said:I like the "upon entering combat" runes about as much as I like the "vs specific enemy type" runes; that is, not at all.

but those sigils now have a +3% vs everything so they are at least a bit more useful.

@Jski.6180 said:I dont get it why are rune of the pack treated different then the other combat runes a lot of them are worthless because of the last update.

a lot? =_=

there were a total of 3, now there are 2

pack's effect is on the (6) while the other two is on the (4) so maybe that is the difference

Its more then 3 and some runes lost all on hit effects because it was the on hit effect that was made into when going into combat.

I dont get it most balancing is for pve but for what ever reason pve combat only last for 10 sec? How often do you get out of combat letting you triggering the getting back into combat during an raid boss? If any thing pve should be full time combat or your hp reg would be to easy to triggering making it a cheazing boss or pve event.

@Jeknar.6184 said:Superior Rune of Fire and Superior Rune of Rata Sum are also in the same boat... They should both be changed to happen while in combat and have their durations/cooldown adjusted for that purpose.

I would love to see rune of fire fire aura effect be more usefully in combat then just getting one at the start of combat. Rata sum too. These are both worthless at the start of combat when they have effects that are needed more near the end of mid way of combat.

Maybe have them on combo finnisher or have it like Superior Rune of the Pack special treatment of it triggering in combat once the cd is reached.

I really think that upon entering combat effects should be changed to refresh in combat based on their internal cooldown or else they're just useless for long engagements. It just seems like a flawed design to me. If there are any runes that would become too strong because of this (I doubt it tbh) then just slightly nerf the effects down to compensate for them becoming more useful overall.

There was a weird split as well for the old on hit % runes like Superior Rune of Durability where they where simply giving a 100% trigger rate when they too should be going into combat or during combat. There is blut likes and dislike of runes set that anet has. I guess anet dev who play the game use the runes that are now stronger and the runes set that where nerfed due to this combat effect are not used by anet devs.

The anet devs are too close to this game when it comes to balancing at all levels it seems like they are nerfing and buffing effects base off of there wants for there play time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived