glorious hero's armor does not let you buy mistforged

Milan.9035

@"Ben Phongluangtham.1065" said:I'm sure you have already checked this, but you are both rank 100 in PvP right? That's the only other requirement and we haven't been able to reproduce the issue ourselves.

The OP is right, I am lvl 600+ in pvp and previously unlocked all glorius hero light and heavy but mistforged version still blackened out, while it's available for my medium armor character for which I previously purchased the ardent version of glorius hero

P.S I will make a correction-There is a difference between Glorius armor https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor and Glorius's hero armor https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_armor , furthermore those who unlocked the glorius armor can upgrade to glorius's hero armor through an expensive method comparable to legendary armor , an example like this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_Crown

We the players are either very wrong or the devs did a major mistake with the update

I think you're very confused.

There are four sets:

T1: Glorious Armour (requisite for T2)T2: Ardent Glorious (requisite for T3)T3: Mistforged Glorious Hero's

Competitive Reward: Glorious Hero's

• You claim that you have unlocked Glorious Hero's for Heavy and Light (I see this as unlikely but w/e). This does not enable you to buy the T3 sets of Mistforged Hero's of Heavy and Light.
  • You have unlocked the Medium set of Ardent Glorious however, and thus you have unlocked the ability to purchase Medium Mistforged Hero's.

If you want all three sets, make sure you have all three sets of Ardent Glorious unlocked.

@"AngelsShadow.7360" said:I think you're very confused.

There are four sets:

T1: Glorious Armour (requisite for T2)T2: Ardent Glorious (requisite for T3)T3: Mistforged Glorious Hero's

• You claim that you have unlocked Glorious Hero's for Heavy and Light (I see this as unlikely but w/e). This does not enable you to buy the T3 sets of Mistforged Hero's of Heavy and Light.
  • You have unlocked the Medium set of Ardent Glorious however, and thus you have unlocked the ability to purchase Medium Mistforged Hero's.

If you want all three sets, make sure you have all three sets of Ardent Glorious unlocked.

I unlocked the glorius for light and heavy not the gloriou's hero ( which is 100% possible currently but extremely expensive and...extremely stupid because you could use the same mats to craft legendary armor directly); the update claim those who had unlocked glorius's hero can unlock mistforged version, now I believe some people thought that glorius armor = glorius's hero armor which is , as you've explained , very wrong

The update is still , if intended , not really great for the vast majority of players....there is although a very small group of players who did have glorius's hero armor version acquired 4-5 years ago, I believe the devs must clarify the update...before somebody spend around 2400 ascended shards to upgrade glorius armor to glorius's hero armor...I wouldn't want to be in the shoes of whoever does such folly

@"Arheundel.6451" said:P.S I will make a correction-There is a difference between Glorius armor https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_armor and Glorius's hero armor https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_armor , furthermore those who unlocked the glorius armor can upgrade to glorius's hero armor through an expensive method comparable to legendary armor , an example like this https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glorious_Hero%27s_Crown

You may be mistaken, there's nothing on this page about updating glorious to glorious hero. There's only a recipe for upgrading glorious hero ascended to glorious hero legendary (notice, skin remains the same, only armor rarity tier changes).

Unless you know something that isn't written there, of course.

@"AngelsShadow.7360" said:I think you're very confused.

There are four sets:

This is partly false. You don't need Glorious Armor to buy Ardent Glorious Armor. I definitely don't have all Glorious pieces(that reward track is tedious and unrewarding) but all the Ardent ones are unlocked.

You must have unlocked the "Ardent" skin, and not the exotic skin you get from the glorious reward track.

The Ardent skin chest for example costs 400 ascended shards of glory from the vendor and it's not a skin with no stats, once you got that and you are rank 100 you can buy the mistforged with the usual grandmaster marks and ascended shards of glory.

@Cakemeister.5792 said:So I have to shell out yet more shards to get the skins even though I already have legendary pvp armor?

Legendary PvP armor only provides the functionality of legendary armor. It doesn’t entitle you to every future release of armor skins. Just like if Anet were to add another tier for WvW with fancier skins that require the purchase of the previous tier, players with WvW legendary armor would not be entitled to those skins. They’d have to acquire them just like everyone else.

• ArenaNet Staff

Just a summary/clarification.

Tier 1: Glorious Armor - Exotic, earned from reward tracks. Not required for anything.Tier 2: Ardent Glorious - Ascended, purchased with PvP League Currency. Can buy just the skin. Can be upgraded to a legendary version with the same skinTier 2: Glorious Hero - Ascended, purchased using PvP Tournament Vouchers or by having participated in some old PvP events. Can be upgraded to a legendary version with the same skinTier 3: Mistforged Glorious Hero - Ascended, purchased using PvP League Currency or PvP Tournament Vouchers. Purchasing it through the league armor vendor requires you to be PvP rank 100 and have unlocked either the Ardent Glorious or Glorious Hero skin. So if you want the light Mistforged Glorious Hero helmet, you'll need to have unlocked either the Ardent Glorious light helm or the Glorious Hero light helm along with being rank 100. Can be upgraded to legendary version with the same skin.

Archived